1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

Wanderer's Palace Dungeon Guide

Short-ish video covering the boss mechanics only for Wanderer's Palace.

(snip)

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

That guide is tits.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just some minor things: KoH's Goobue's Grief was mentioned but a lot of people don't seem to get that it is AoE (you can see the tank in the vid get hit by it) and has no casting ring, but Inhale is a cone, which is visible. Bavarois casts fire for a long time, can LoS easily by just running through him. Fluid Aura is pretty handy when the healer gets targeted, and tends to waste less time chasing. Instead of having dps or healer running around gathering tonberries, can just hang out by tank and then AoE them down so there tends to be less time wasted chasing them. Important part is that they get taken before actually getting to the tank, as several of them together plus Everybody's Grudge can kill the tank. Also, provided somebody gets on those tonberries, as a WAR 7.5k HP, I can take 5 stacks np; kiting the tonberries around or w/e people do to avoid too many stacks on TK is just a waste of time. Just keep tank SS'd and topped off.

Also, speaking of being stacked, how about that host

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Came for possible information on speed runs I may not be aware of, stayed for the tits and learned nothing.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Just some minor things: KoH's Goobue's Grief was mentioned but a lot of people don't seem to get that it is AoE (you can see the tank in the vid get hit by it) and has no casting ring, but Inhale is a cone, which is visible.
    I don't understand why people stand far away from the him. It's like they don't understand this mechanic at all. You stand close to him so you can run out of the conal aoe and then once you're out of it you run away from get away from the soon to come 360 aoe.

Instead of having dps or healer running around gathering tonberries, can just hang out by tank and then AoE them down so there tends to be less time wasted chasing them. Important part is that they get taken before actually getting to the tank, as several of them together plus Everybody's Grudge can kill the tank. Also, provided somebody gets on those tonberries, as a WAR 7.5k HP, I can take 5 stacks np; kiting the tonberries around or w/e people do to avoid too many stacks on TK is just a waste of time. Just keep tank SS'd and topped off.
    Eh? I disagree. I view killing the tonberries as a waste of time. I've never had him kited to avoid stacks, always did it so we could kill the king faster because we don't have to bother hitting anything else. Okay that's a lie: the primary reason we always do it because it looks hilarious. Still, the tonberry adds walk incredibly slow after all so the tank doesn't really lose out on much damage at all. Although I imagine if you have a mnk or drg then moving him is probably annoying and thus your better off keeping him in one spot.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I don't understand why people stand far away from the him. It's like they don't understand this mechanic at all. You stand close to him so you can run out of the conal aoe and then once you're out of it you run away from get away from the soon to come 360 aoe.
    Ranged can actually hit the boss from outside the cone.
    Or at the very least, at the edge of it so you only have to move back like 2 steps. No reason not to stand far away from it, really.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ranged may as well stand in melee anyways if the fight doesn't have instant fuckyou mechanics (Repelling shot or sweet-ass book autoattacks).

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, this is why I don't get why people say to fight him in a corner, which all it is going to do is keep me from moving out of GG (if I want to, which is a whole other can of worms). Fight him where he pops, stay not too far away, and run when he does his ranged attack. DFers don't quite get it.

Eh? I disagree. I view killing the tonberries as a waste of time. I've never had him kited to avoid stacks, always did it so we could kill the king faster because we don't have to bother hitting anything else. Okay that's a lie: the primary reason we always do it because it looks hilarious. Still, the tonberry adds walk incredibly slow after all so the tank doesn't really lose out on much damage at all. Although I imagine if you have a mnk or drg then moving him is probably annoying and thus your better off keeping him in one spot.
    I think I'm misunderstanding you, or vice versa. Are you saying you move the King to avoid the tonberries? All I'm saying is that, when they spawn, they aim for me (tank) at the center of the field (even if they aren't aiming for me, everybody should be in melee distance of TK, so the tonberries will be heading to the same place, no matter what); when they actually get to me, a dps (or whm) will aoe them down before they actually start attacking me. The aoe should hit the King as well, so nobody really stops dpsing the King to kill the tonberries. also, this thread is about tits, not WP, jeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    Ranged can actually hit the boss from outside the cone.
    Or at the very least, at the edge of it so you only have to move back like 2 steps. No reason not to stand far away from it, really.
    Being that I've never done it on any job but WAR, idk if it's true or not, but he'll only use Inhale/GG if his random attacks target somebody a certain distance away. If everyone stays close to KoH, he won't use Inhale/GG, and then you'll only ever have to move for that phlegm toss move, w/e it's called.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He's saying you can avoid AoEing the miniberries and just attack TK instead. The idea is that your entire PT (Even the healer) just attacks the main NM the entire battle instead of diverting damage.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The only reason to kill Tonberries during the king is to stack as much Grudge as possible in attempt to kill your tank.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A WP ending with the tank alive is a failed WP.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    He's saying you can avoid AoEing the miniberries and just attack TK instead. The idea is that your entire PT (Even the healer) just attacks the main NM the entire battle instead of diverting damage.
    ah, that makes sense. I don't trust DF enough to have thought of that.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    ah, that makes sense. I don't trust DF enough to have thought of that.
    That strategy has actually had much more success for me in DF than trying to explain to only kill 3.

The only people who have screwed it up for me are folks that overthink it (somehow?). When the instruction is "kill everything that reaches me and ignore the rest", everybody wins - even in DF.

As for killing off the tank, Everybody's Grudge has like a 5 second cast time - which means it is the only ability in the game actually avoidable by Hallowed Ground.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    A WP ending with the tank alive is a failed WP.
    Except most relic plds can survive max grudge! ... unless the healer purposely doesn't heal. cough cough

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    unless the healer purposely doesn't heal. cough cough

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have got a question related to the 2nd boss.

Lets say the party is WAR WHM MNK BRD, when the adds pop, does the WAR have to run around to claim them as soon as they pop? Is that the WAR job to do? I would like everyone to say what is their point of view to have a global idea, please.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you have a WHM apparently the range on Holy is big enough to just hit them all. If you don't have a WHM (or yours is asleep at the wheel) it's a good idea to gather them, yeah.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    If you have a WHM apparently the range on Holy is big enough to just hit them all. If you don't have a WHM (or yours is asleep at the wheel) it's a good idea to gather them, yeah.
    Can I take that as "If the persons in the PT does their job properly you shouldn't worry" ?