+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

It would be very difficult to work mutants into the MCU without starting over. The Fantastic Four, maybe, depending on how you approached it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    It would be very difficult to work mutants into the MCU without starting over. The Fantastic Four, maybe, depending on how you approached it.

Not really. Phases 1-3 have become the huge, over-arching story of the Infinity Stones. Once Phase 3 is complete, that story will be complete. Phase 4+ will begin a new main story. It'd be the perfect time to begin introducing mutants. We'd have a few years after Logan to hopefully wrap up the Fox movie line, and reset everything. Maybe begin laying the groundwork in phase 3, with the introduction of a few mutants, either directly seen or offhandedly mentioned. Or have Cap and Bucky keep digging into the Super Soldier program, leading them to finding data on the Weapon X program.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

You could also just make that since Thanos can't fuck with things too greatly after getting the gauntlet, you could say that he tried to rewrite their DNA to make them weaker but fucked up and created teh X gene.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That's a path I though of also, in a way. Since the rapid mutant population was said to have been caused by the nuclear age, change that some, and have the energy from the completed gauntlet have an indirect effect on some humans, releasing dormant powers

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Or just ignore it completely because any attempt to definitively explain it would just cause more holes than it plugs. Just handwave it away that they've existed and somehow nobody noticed.

Didn't Wolverine originally appear in an issue of Hulk? I could swear I read something back before Avengers 1 that they had to go with the Chitauri because the Skrulls were originally F4 property. Or maybe I made it up. Fuck if I can remember back that far. Curious about Wolverine's status though, if that's the case. I just think it's a shame Hugh is gonna be done with it after this :/

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

For sure. For as much as people complain that the xmen movies are mediocre at best, Hugh played a great Wolverine. Even above the Marvel cast, when I think live action superhero, Hugh is up there with the rest.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    For sure. For as much as people complain that the xmen movies are mediocre at best, Hugh played a great Wolverine. Even above the Marvel cast, when I think live action superhero, Hugh is up there with the rest.
    This is exactly how I feel about him too, the Wolverine story is where it was let down. If the original had come out as an R18 (like it should have been) I strongly believe it would be in the top 5 of supermovies

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Oh with Phase 4 for sure, just saying that there's no way mutants could fit into the MCU before Infinity War is over.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Oh with Phase 4 for sure, just saying that there's no way mutants could fit into the MCU before Infinity War is over.
    The funny part about that being that they've already introduced characters that are mutants in the comics... one that was even in a recent xmen film as a mutant <.<. Kind of curious what they are going to do about that if anything.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Do wolverine films count toward the movies needed within a time frame to keep control of the franchise? Or does it specifically have to be xmen movies?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Didn't Wolverine originally appear in an issue of Hulk? I could swear I read something back before Avengers 1 that they had to go with the Chitauri because the Skrulls were originally F4 property. Or maybe I made it up. Fuck if I can remember back that far. Curious about Wolverine's status though, if that's the case. I just think it's a shame Hugh is gonna be done with it after this :/
    Yes his first appearance was in Hulk comics. And the skrulls are a shared property according to Feige but FOX has exclusive rights to the Super Skrull due to Fantastic Four.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Why does he have hair?

alzheimers made him forget he was bald

Don't think Wolverine is going out on shopping runs for shaving cream and razors so the professor can keep smoove.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't think professor X is even alive in this, it's just a figment of his imagination, or how he remembers him before he died

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post