BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    Dude I'm starting to think you watched this movie fansubbed because you're getting a lot of details wrong.
    How funny would that be.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    How funny would that be.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My brain hurts from the stupid.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is this the macross summary of Dr. Strange?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why wouldn't he be?
    Super late but more meant how did he survive whatever killed pretty much everyone else

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Super late but more meant how did he survive whatever killed pretty much everyone else
    Firstly, it's entirely irrelevant to the movie. Also given the fact that in the movie it's an international phenomenon that there is no actual explanation in mindas that would be too grand a scenario to explain off without plot holes. Secondly through contextual clues throughout the movie you can assume relatively safely that most mutants were hunted down by the organization through various ways, one being Caliban's ability. We can also assume that the few mutants who are usually safe from such groups, the xmen, were dealt a disastrous hand by Charles first seizure killing the majority if not all of the core group. With a dementia riddled charles and the death of his most loved and dearest ones on his heart he was no longer able to keep what few may have remained together leaving them to fend for themselves either getting caught up by those hunting them or vanishing into the background much like Logan the limo driver, or the un-conceptualized sabretooth wokring in a bar.

So the very easy and obvious answer is that Caliban survived because one, he was not near Charles since he was not a part of the X-men, secondly because he was useful to the group of hunters, and thirdly because the anti-mutant chemical/hunts were so successful that who really gave a flying fuck about him anymore. Let him rot in bumfuck mexico because his power is entirely worthless and if any new mutants do show up and we need him eventually we can just kidnap him at our leisure.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Y'all make me wonder just how passive passive viewing can actually be.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Caliban, not whatever you're saying.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I ain't even know this fuckin mutants name and still got a better grasp got dam

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're entirely irrelevant to the movie. Also seems a bit of a leap to think a group that went about hunting down all mutants would just let some survive. Or for that matter how that shit group could even take down half the powerful mutants out there even 1 at a time

what a dumb conversation. panda is right you're wrong, discussion over

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You're entirely irrelevant to the movie. Also seems a bit of a leap to think a group that went about hunting down all mutants would just let some survive. Or for that matter how that shit group could even take down half the powerful mutants out there even 1 at a time
    There is a lot of mindblowingly fucking retarded stuff in the movie, like sending in one guy alone to get x-23. Or commanding people to not shoot her because she heals, are they afraid of wasting bullets? Everything beyond charles death is haphazard chaos as well.

I Don't really see it as a huge leap tbh, they clearly kept track of all the ones they let roam. Why should they care about a mentally deficient old dude in a water tower in mexico, not their problem, Caliban who is less dangerous than a normal person since he can't even handle sunlight, or logan who's powers are failing him more and more every day as he drifts towards a meaningless death on the ocean with his bff. The mutant hunters won already, they had all the powers they wanted cultivated and had already started human trials with them, all new mutants were a non issue due to the drugs, why even bother with a senior citizen, an albino, and a drunk living in a tin van down by the mexican river.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Would've been dope if there was a post screen scene cameo by Ian McKellen welcoming the new mutants in Canada.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was hoping alpha flight would show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Y'all make me wonder just how passive passive viewing can actually be.
    For real. This was such a straight-forward movie and people are getting things so wrong.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Saw it today with my sister, hit pretty hard in the feels in some parts. Others were just fucking comedy gold, like when she started yapping away in Spanish in the truck for the first time.

My only minor complaint/suspension of belief was when Charles had a seizure in Vegas. I didn't get why the Reapers even had guns to Charles, they had already established that they didn't care about him, they were just there for X-23. Then Logan somehow makes it from outside all the way up to whatever floor they were on in time to stop everyone in the area from dying, yet X-23 had managed to crawl a few measly feet.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Saw it today with my sister, hit pretty hard in the feels in some parts. Others were just fucking comedy gold, like when she started yapping away in Spanish in the truck for the first time.

My only minor complaint/suspension of belief was when Charles had a seizure in Vegas. I didn't get why the Reapers even had guns to Charles, they had already established that they didn't care about him, they were just there for X-23. Then Logan somehow makes it from outside all the way up to whatever floor they were on in time to stop everyone in the area from dying, yet X-23 had managed to crawl a few measly feet.
    Well... for one... they weren't in vegas.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

X-23 is like 11(?) years old. Logan is over 200. Not that hard to believe he'd be better adapted to deal with Charles' seizure lol.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    X-23 is like 11(?) years old. Logan is over 200. Not that hard to believe he'd be better adapted to deal with Charles' seizure lol.
    Speaking of, I wonder how long X-23 would be able to live after the movie. It's hard to know exactly when movieverse Logan got the Weapon X treatment since the timeline is so fucked, but based on the sequence in AoA it seems to have been in the 80s. Adamantium poisoning is killing Logan 60~ years later in this movie. Def sounds like Laura can look forward to a short life-span even by regular human standards, nevermind living as long as dad.