Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2013 MLB Off-season Thread: Official THEO Appreciation Thread

Well, fresh off the team he built winning another World Series, Theo "THEO" Epstein hired this guy to be the next Cubs manager. Clearly this will somehow become an important piece in a collector's edition DVD highlighting the transformation from lovable loser to world champion some day.

Free agent trackers
    Yahoo: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/2013...201655000.html
    ESPN: http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story...t-rankings-mlb

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

HUGE NEWS

Evan Grant ‏@Evan_P_Grant 19m

#Rangers sign Martin Perez to 4-year deal through 2017 with options that could carry it through 2020

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I do realize that it will take some time, for full rebuild mode to happen for my Cubs, but damnit, I'm starting to get impatient at the lack of progress at all the past two years. Here's to another throw away season! Still hope Theo is able to work his magic though and at least make the Cubs respectable.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Um, have you only been a Cubs fan for 2 years? Being upset at the Cubs not winning is an interesting concept.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Oh no, lifelong, but it's only been two years since Theo took over, and it's more being frustrated with the little that's been done, not at them not winning. I just want to not be the laughing stock of the NL

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You'd be hard pressed to beat out the Marlins for that honor so long as Loria is still their owner.

Anyway I'm totally stoked for Rube to sign Nelson Cruz and Ricky Nolasco each to 5yr/$75+ million deals while trading our only decent prospects for some random 3B or RP who will probably suck. At least they finally hired an analytics guy!!! Err wait no they just rented him from the league office to give advice that will probably be ignored.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bye bye Turner Field:

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves say they are leaving Turner Field and moving into a new 42,000-seat, $672 million stadium complex in Cobb County in 2017.

Braves executives John Schuerholz, Mike Plant and Derek Schiller said Monday the team decided not to seek another 20-year lease at Turner Field and began talks with the Cobb-Marietta Coliseum & Exhibit Hall Authority in July.

The Braves also announced the news via their Twitter account.

The infrastructure at Turner Field was built for the 1996 Summer Olympics and was converted to a baseball park for 1997. The Braves' lease expires after the 2016 season.

The proposed stadium will be part of a 60-acre development near the Cobb Galleria mall.

Plant said talks broke down with the Atlanta Fulton County Recreational Authority earlier this year. He added that the team has not signed a contract with Cobb County, but he's "100 percent certain it will happen."

Schiller said financing will come from the Braves and the Cobb County government. The team will be responsible for any cost overruns.

Cobb County is located just outside the northwest city limits of Atlanta. The proposed site is about 10 miles from Turner Field.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/99...bb-county-2017

I'm guessing it's closer to the 'burbs and the people who actually come to games?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Yeah, the new location makes way more sense.

Now what the hell are they going to do with Turner Field and that giant screen.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post

Turner Field is an eyesore of the highest level, so blow it up is my hope and dream

GATTACA!

BG Level

your face is an eyesore

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

New Braves stadium pic

GATTACA!

BG Level

lol. we get such a bad rap for the "unwritten rules" thing when it's really just an excuse to hit Bryce Harper

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

but if they write the rules they won't be unwritten anymore

GATTACA!

BG Level

aha! you're a genius!

now all of the haters will have to say we uphold "the written rules of the game" and they will sound like fools

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    but if they write the rules they won't be unwritten anymore
    It will just be a blank billboard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

All 13 players receiving QO's reject them.

I'm really surprised that Kendry Morales didn't take it since I don't see any team giving up a draft pick for a DH. Ditto with Cruz to a lesser extent, though he totally fits the Ruben Amaro Jr. mold (old, injured, strikes out a ton, doesn't walk or get on base, poor fielder, etc).

GATTACA!

BG Level

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Todd Zolecki ‏@ToddZolecki 8m

Source confirms Phillies close to finishing up two-year deal for Marlon Byrd. WIP first reported. http://bit.ly/1brJFtR
    That's so Phillies

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post

ATLANTA (AP) -- Atlanta's mayor said Tuesday that the city will demolish Turner Field after the Braves leave for a new stadium in the suburbs in 2017.

While I've never actually been to the TED since i grew up in the north east as a Braves fan, I'm curious if the area is that bad or just an excuse to move.

All in all, i'm always in favor of ballparks being built in neighborhoods and not in the middle of concrete parking lots. Need more Wrigley's and Fenway's.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    ATLANTA (AP) -- Atlanta's mayor said Tuesday that the city will demolish Turner Field after the Braves leave for a new stadium in the suburbs in 2017.

While I've never actually been to the TED since i grew up in the north east as a Braves fan, I'm curious if the area is that bad or just an excuse to move.

All in all, i'm always in favor of ballparks being built in neighborhoods and not in the middle of concrete parking lots. Need more Wrigley's and Fenway's.
    It's not especially ghetto or anything, I've never felt unsafe going to or leaving a game. It's just in a weird, slow part of downtown where there are two sports bars right next to it and literally nothing else.

Also this ticket purchaser map:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1111..._1500x1088.jpg

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast