2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    A whole bunch of words.
    Your second post summed up my thoughts perfectly. It wouldn't be that difficult to simply minimize any particular races involvement while increasing another. You could still have a member of any excluded race in your party(gotta have my Quarians and Geth damn it.) You could handle said party member's race's absence with a conversation in the first hour of the game. Then as the series progresses move towards making them more visible.

I personally believe it's going to be a series that runs concurrently with the main series. If that's the case though I hope that they choose to focus on more of the untold stories. Like have one moment could be attempting to recruit the Batarians and then having to escape their homeworld before the reapers wipe everything out. Bring the Yagk into the series. Further investigate the whole dark matter aspect as a holy macguffin for an previously underknown superweapon etc. There are numerous, interesting possibilities.

But if I can't have a Geth Juggernaut in my part you can fuck right off.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Realistically though it's going to be a prequel with Anderson.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Realistically though it's going to be a prequel with Anderson.
    Wouldn't be surprised. God of War, Gears of War and Halo all did prequels after trilogies, and given how little BioWare wants to talk about the ending that's all they have.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised. God of War, Gears of War and Halo all did prequels after trilogies, and given how little BioWare wants to talk about the ending that's all they have.
    I personally hated Anderson. That would be a huge turn off to me.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Your second post summed up my thoughts perfectly. It wouldn't be that difficult to simply minimize any particular races involvement while increasing another. You could still have a member of any excluded race in your party(gotta have my Quarians and Geth damn it.) You could handle said party member's race's absence with a conversation in the first hour of the game. Then as the series progresses move towards making them more visible.
    the hope is that they will be able to find a good balance in exposure of the different races. for the people who saved all the races, the mass effect universe just wouldn't be what it is without heavy involvement in the story from the krogan, the geth, and the quarians. but i would bet good money that no matter what, they'll want to bring some new races into the mix, which then runs the risk of oversaturating the story with too many races and characters, potentially underdeveloping some of them. but then if you don't include them all, then some races get relegated to the background, which would suck as well. some balance needs to be reached there for those of us who saved all the races, which i'm sure is most of us. i saved wrex, eve/bakara, and the entire krogan race dammit. if their potential overpopulation/overexpansion and wrex's efforts to keep them from running rampant in the galaxy while still giving them outlets for their bloodlust isn't a major part of the plot i'll be very unhappy.

that being said, yeah it likely won't be a direct sequel anyways. offhandedly i'd say i'd love to play a story that takes place during the first contact war, but such a story would probably only prominently feature the humans and the turians and basically no one else, and that would be no fun. was a huge fan of thane krios, so i want some drells this time around. personally that's why i'm hoping they do put in the work to put together a proper sequel that takes everything into account. i want to see all the races that mattered in the trilogy and i want to see some new races. side stories and prequels really would have little reason to introduce much in the way of prominent new races.

and anderson was badass. his death and telling shepard he's proud of him had me choked up

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I personally hated Anderson. That would be a huge turn off to me.
    Yeah that would suck, but I wouldn't mind them doing a prequel revolving around finding the Charon relay and the first contact war with the turians.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

ugh. i didnt mind anderson, but doing a prequel with him would be way too cliche. stale story right out of the gate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I agree, though I can totally see them going that route, I really hope they don't. I think I'd kinda like a more Han Solo type game where you're a smuggler or on the run for some reason. Would give the game a little more time to dig into the places and people in the story. Or just let us play as Garrus. I would accept that without even thinking.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://die4games.com/mass-effects-4-...ed-mass-effect
    It’s official folks, there will be another Mass Effect. To be honest that’s common knowledge for a while but BioWare community manager Chris Priestly has been chatting quite openly about the next instalment in the legendary series.

Surprisingly Chris thought calling the next Mass Effect… Mass Effect 4 or ME4 would not only confuse people but also do the series disservice. Mass Effect was Commander Shepherd’s story and now that it’s been told, finished, done and dusted the studio wants to move on so a change in the game title isn’t that far fetched! “We have already said that the Commander Shepard trilogy is over and that the next game will not feature him/her. That is the only detail you have on the game. I see people saying ‘well, they’ll have to pick a canon ending’. No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side. Or with characters you know. Or yaddayaddayadda.” Chris explains.

So, what do we know about the next… I don’t know what to call it now so I’m just going to call it Mass Effect – subject to change! There is no release date but it’s safe to assume that be on the PS4 and Xbox One, as for exclusivity it’s anyone’s guess. We also have no idea how the game will look, Mass Effect – subject to change will be the industry best kept secret and we will only know what they want us to know. Luckily for us though some of the developers were than happy to put up some selfie’s of them making the game on Twitter and if you pinch to zoom enough you might just pick up some subtle clues!

We can expect Mass Effect – subject to change to use the much touted Frostbite 3 engine from EA so it’ll look slick and I’m going to say it again Shepherd would not feature in it at all. The game will most likely take place in a very different universe. Lastly I’ll leave you with a juicy little rumor making the rounds on the web, we could see a teaser at this year’s Spike VGA on December the 7th so you better keep watching this space as it develops.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'd be ok with a completely different universe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Meh, I could deal playing as Anderson if the overlaying story of the first contact war is good enough.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    Or just let us play as Garrus. I would accept that without even thinking.
    OH GOD GARRUS DURING THE 2 YEARS SHEPARD IS DEAD FUCK YES

GATTACA!

BG Level

Bring the Yagk into the series.
    I bring this up everytime but they really need some Yahg focus in the next game. Hyper-intelligent and violent alien race? Too dangerous to be allowed to leave their homeworld? One of them fucking killed the Shadow Broker and took his position without anyone noticing?!?!

DO IT BIOWARE

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...right-now.aspx
    The next Mass Effect game, which we got early glimpses of on N7 Day, is now in an early playable form. The title is in development at BioWare’s Montreal studio, and the details of its plot are still unknown.

The news comes by way of Aaryn Flynn, general manager for BioWare’s Edmonton and Montreal studios.

@AarynFlynn
    Great time playing the next Mass Effect game in Montreal. Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh but recognizable. And fun!
    5:14 PM - 18 Dec 2013
    We’re eager to learn more, but we don’t expect EA and BioWare to go all in on Mass Effect publicity until after Dragon Age Inquisition is closer to launch next year. For more on that game, check out our coverage from September 2013.

Our Take
    The next Mass Effect game is far enough along that it’s not only playable, but developed enough that Flynn is making some exciting promises. We’re eager to learn more about the new Mass Effect and whatever new IP Flynn mentions in his Twitter bio.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

About 50% Complete
    Mass Effect 4 is “somewhere in the middle” of development, according to Bioware Montréal studio director Yanick Roy.

Work on the next game in the franchise started in late 2012, and if in mid-development, that would put the game up for release sometime around October 2015, according to Eurogamer.

The next Mass Effect game hasn’t been titled yet, so the world is calling it Mass Effect 4 for the time being. It’s unknown at present whether it is a prequel or sequel, but Bioware has promised it will be respectful to earlier games in the franchise.

Last we heard, the game was in a playable state, and the design document is also complete. It is being built using Frostbite 2.

ME4 won’t contain “Shepard 2″ as a protagonist, with Bioware hinting that the game is a “new thing” for the series.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/30/mass...ng-to-bioware/
    https://twitter.com/YanickRRoy/statu...05766188949504
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...we-know-so-far

Ridill
    BG Level

I still think playing as Saren with your first mission to kill (or recruit <3) shepard would have been amazing.

I'm guessing the "new thing for the series" means jumping around between main characters a bunch is all.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been randomly reading write ups on ME info for the past couple of months (yay being bored @ work) and one rumor/hope/idea I saw what that the new ME might allow a choice of 1 of 3 or 4 characters to play as a main (sort of like SW:KOTOR). I would love this, as I think the replay-ability of the game would skyrocket. However, I would hate for the story depth to suffer if it was stretched too thin to accommodate for such multiple choices.

Still, playing as a Salarian, Asari or Turian would be sweet.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    I've been randomly reading write ups on ME info for the past couple of months (yay being bored @ work) and one rumor/hope/idea I saw what that the new ME might allow a choice of 1 of 3 or 4 characters to play as a main (sort of like SW:KOTOR). I would love this, as I think the replay-ability of the game would skyrocket. However, I would hate for the story depth to suffer if it was stretched too thin to accommodate for such multiple choices.

Still, playing as a Salarian, Asari or Turian would be sweet.
    It's certainly not out of the realm of possiblities. The first Dragon Age gave you 6 different story paths right off the bat based on race/status.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i'd like to see something similar to that, where you can create your own hero and go through with them. instead of using a pre-packaged hero. i think it would be interesting to see the universe from the perspective of, say, a volus. or whatever.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    ....from the perspective of, say, a volus. or whatever.
    Hahahaha, I can see it now! Mass Effect: Monopoly