+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

OK so HUGE HUGE tip for anyone doing single player.

When you unlock the ability to level up the Nexus, get the perk for hidden caches first. Almost all of them contain Ultra Rare weapons or armor, and is a great way to gear up.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sent one of my APEX Strike Teams on a mission that had a 66% chance of success in the menu screen...then after I went to check on the timer later it said 0% chance of success. Fucking A.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Remnant Weapons are basically the Collector Beam Rifle (or Mass Effect 1 style). Infinite Ammo but long animation if you run out of the clip.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok so some animations are bad and they jacked femRyder's face up pretty bad, which has been said by everyone 1,000 times.

However...this game is legit. Huge universe so far, ton of side quests and missions, took me hours to get off EOS and I didn't even 100% everything.

There is going to be enormous replay value for 100% completer and those who want to see different dialogue playthroughs.

Tons of fun so far.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I don't really get all the rage over the writing either. Granted I'm only a couple hours in, but it hasn't been terrible. Cliche, for sure. But terrible? Nah.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everytime Addison appears things take a massive downward turn. Animation wise, appearance wise, dialogue, she's fucking beyond awful in every way.

Otherwise I haven't seen anything out of line writing wise. Cliches and overused tropes as far as the eye can see, but that's commonplace and basically expected in Mass Effect.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I was terrified about how this game was going to turn out after all the shit that has been posted in the last week, but I am a few hours in and it feels like every other Mass Effect to me, which is a good thing. Some weird animations here and there but it seems fine so far.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    I was terrified about how this game was going to turn out after all the shit that has been posted in the last week, but I am a few hours in and it feels like every other Mass Effect to me, which is a good thing. Some weird animations here and there but it seems fine so far.
    Most people playing this just remind me of the Final Fantasy fanbase honestly, especially with a particular game (FFVII.) Yes ME:A is janky in spots, but so was every single other ME game. It must have been years since people last played an ME game that they simply just forgot the outrage each one caused in some capacity. ME 1 had graphical problems you couldn't overlook because at the time, it was a step back in many areas. It still looked good, but it wasn't the pinnacle of perfection. ME2 had even weirder graphical problems, especially the console versions. No matter how good some graphics looked, it still had weird animations and texturing. ME3 improved on the graphics quite a bit but we all know the story issues with that one.

In terms of "omg cliche!" ME is the epitome of cliche, it just has clever writing in spots that immerses you so despite every cliche in the book thrown at you, you didn't mind it.

But because ME:A is suffering from the meme generation, everything is being combed over just to bitch about. Not even defending it because even I can do better rigging work, but I've played enough of the ME games recently in preparation to see absolutely no difference beyond the tone of this game being a lot more detached from the trilogy, for obvious reasons, and that may be the main reason people are a lot more critical over it because there's nothing carrying it. ME1-3 had each other to carry itself during its run, but if people in this day and age can continue to claim games like FFVII and vanilla Skyrim as some of the best games to ever exist, clearly it's ok to overlook some things and focus on the good of the game.

ME:A so far isn't even a bad game, it's literally a soft reboot of ME:1. We didn't know who the fuck these people we ended up with were, we actually grew to know them and like them over the course of 3 games because some characters didn't get fleshed out in the first one in a massive way and it wasn't really until 2 and 3 did some cement themselves as fan favorite.

Not saying ME:A's cast is as likeable, but it's just like the first game. I know its hard to ignore the trilogy and all its done, but it's why I personally feel it should have just been ME4 but Bioware clearly wants to try to do a new IP instead.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My FPS goes to shit in the Nexus. Other than that I'm liking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    but it's why I personally feel it should have just been ME4 but Bioware clearly wants to try to do a new IP instead.
    Not naming it ME4 doesn't make it a new IP. I personally think this game would get less shit if it was the exact same but not called Mass Effect.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    My FPS goes to shit in the Nexus. Other than that I'm liking the game.

Not naming it ME4 doesn't make it a new IP. I personally think this game would get less shit if it was the exact same but not called Mass Effect.
    I mean more in regard the main team wanted to work on a new IP instead of a ME4. So it very much have that B-team feeling to it, so its not terrible but you can definitely feel the detatchment.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is this supposed to be a new trilogy or is it a stand alone game?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Had my first huge boss fight last night:
    Spoiler: show
    The Remnant Architect on Eos...it was difficult, but fair. Was a good reminder that I needed to upgrade my guns from level 1 to level 3, and that made it much easier. A pretty fun fight that kept the combat moving. I had to laugh though as it flew away after I beat it, I pictured it muttering like Dr. Claw "Next time, Gadget...next tiiiiiimeeeeee..."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Is this supposed to be a new trilogy or is it a stand alone game?
    New series

Edit: Clarification; as of November 2016 there was no plans to makes this a new trilogy. There might be a sequel or it might be a first in an anthology series of what else happens in the universes of ME.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

ME3 improved on the graphics quite a bit but we all know the story issues with that one.
    It really was just the ending. The entire story wasn't a mess it was just the ending. Most I talk to only remember the controversy over the ending but didn't actually have any issue with the other 99% of the game.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    It really was just the ending. The entire story wasn't a mess it was just the ending. Most I talk to only remember the controversy over the ending but didn't actually have any issue with the other 99% of the game.
    From Ashes being Day 1 DLC when all the assets were already on the disc and it was pretty clear Jaavik was a major character vital to the game's story was a big controversy as well.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    From Ashes being Day 1 DLC when all the assets were already on the disc and it was pretty clear Jaavik was a major character vital to the game's story was a big controversy as well.
    oh yea FUCK THAT SHIT

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wasn't From Ashes included for free with every single version of the game? He was turned into a DLC to fuck with resellers, which alot of publishers were doing at the time (like locking multiplayer in games behind a free dlc code).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He was only free if you bought the collector's edition. Regular version did not include him.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

i cant remember if i had him or not but i am pretty sure i did not get the collectors edition. was it a certain retail version that only had him?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

oh wait i definitely did not have him. he was one of those things right. some alien race that i dont remember