+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    However to involve humans, you'd have to set it sometime right around of after first contact war, which really limits what you could do imo. I'm all for an alternate universe, maybe mix up a bit of the various racial histories (so maybe Krogan never suffered from genophage or geth are viewed differently etc) and let us have at it.
    Right, but there is no reason you have to follow humans exclusively. Fights with Geth, Krogan/Rachni conflict, etc

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Or maybe Bioware can quit being pussies and pick an ending to frame a sequel around. Either the Reapers got destroyed or Shepard is flying around nursing worlds in a space lobster. We know synthesis didn't happen because that was bullshit out of nowhere and properly defined as a 'secret' ending. I'm just gonna go out and say that destroy was the canonical ending because everything else runs contrary to what the previous games were trying to sell you - destroying the reapers.

Throw us far into the future and open a new chapter in the Mass Effect universe, we don't need more mucking around in the past when we already know what's going to happen. I'd like to know what happened to all these races, the council, the alliance, the post-Reaper galaxy, the Batarians and perhaps new faces in the galaxy.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Or maybe Bioware can quit being pussies and pick an ending to frame a sequel around. Throw us far into the future and open a new chapter in the Mass Effect universe as we don't need more mucking around in the past when we already know what's going to happen.
    If it includes the Yahg then I'm sold

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    If it includes the Yahg then I'm sold
    Seriously there is so much material for Bioware to work with that giving us a First Contact War, Turians are the enemy, young Anderson bullshit would be a massive disappointment. I want to visit the Hanar homeworld, see if the Krogan slipped back into their old ways, visit Rannoch and hear about my efforts in ME1-3 referred to as some shit relegated to history books.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Or maybe Bioware can quit being pussies and pick an ending to frame a sequel around.
    Cept BW has shown they pick retarded choices. Wreave over Wrex is prime example.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Cept BW has shown they pick retarded choices. Wreave over Wrex is prime example.
    Something like that is Bioware rewarding people for playing ME1 and saving Wrex. You didn't do that? Here's this other Krogan that isn't Wrex, enjoy.

Its pretty obvious red ending is canon since that's the only one where you see Shepard in the rubble. Sort of a silent nod to which is the canon choice. I think any resistance to Bioware not officially picking an ending is still them playing safe for unifying all the choices we made over the game, and all the heat that came with that.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't see the point of doing a Mass Effect game and then having it be set in a different universe just for the sake of not picking an ending. They can easily do something that happens before the Reaper conflict or during it so that they can still have it be in the same world, but not be affected by the ending.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Then again they also made three incredible games.

They should just pick the canon ending of "destroy" and run with the aftermath. There would be a lot of instability in the galaxy after so much destruction and a lot of people/races vying for power. How about the Yahg seize control and start terminating everyone and you have to take a guerilla approach to stop them since so much infrastructure has been destroyed.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ This is very true also.

Someone said earlier that the Synthesis ending was considered a "secret" ending. If there is any "secret" ending I would say is the destruction ending where Shepard Lives. At the time, you needed a very high amount of points to get that 5 second snipped of him/her taking a breath. This alone would lead me to believe that'd use that as a "cannon" ending.

I would be totally fine with a game set sometime in the future after ME3 affairs, but if they want any nods towards what Sheppard did, they'll remove what was supposed to be a big point in the series: "our decisions"

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

the only thing i didnt like about Red was that it killed EDI and my Gethbros

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

@shinobi602 8s

"Mass Effect: _ _ _ _ _ _ _" is right by the way.
    makes sense if it's not ME4 that it would be ME:_______, I asked to clarify if the number of blanks was random or not and he responded that it was accurate
    insider/grain of salt, etc
    @shinobi602 THUWAY IS A LIAR! Let's play Wheel of Fortune!

I'll make it easier for you RSTLNE:
    _ _ N T_ _ T

6:10pm · 6 May 2014
    I'm guessing Mass Effect: Contact

searching for Mass Effect: Contact led me to this post
    Spoiler: show
    Sachel

On November 14, 2012 at 5:39 pm

This is what I know:

1) It is a prequel about the First Contact War between humans and Turians.
    2) It is being developed by EA Montreal with no involvement from the western branch.
    3) It Will be a first person shooter in the frostbite engine.
    4) It will focus more on multiplayer/co-op.
    5) It will “stream-line” the role-playing assets to be more inclusive to a wider audience.

6) As of February of 2013 BioWare Edmonton will be working on DA3 and an unnamed Project.

claims to be a BW employee, gave details about the Citadel DLC a week in advance, so there's a chance he's legit, but obviously grain of salt, and all that
    if, and that's a big if, this is correct (and it hasn't changed in the year and a half since he posted it) I'm kinda disappointed

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    if, and that's a big if, this is correct (and it hasn't changed in the year and a half since he posted it) I'm kinda disappointed
    Same. Watering down RPG aspects and FPS... nothx.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

bleh. boring.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Weren't ME2 and ME3 RPG aspects already streamlined? lol

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FPS do not want

The RPG aspects were super streamlined, but still provided at least some level of depth. Dumbing down any further and I don't think you could even call it an RPG anymore.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

we'll know in a month I guess

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sounds like I'm better off dusting off the trilogy if I wanna play real Mass Effect games again...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

They picked canonical endings for 1 and 2 (i.e., the starting points for 2 and 3 without previous saves), why not 3?

I really hope it isn't a Contact War game. If it turns out to be so, I'll wait for the $5 Steam sale.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Sounds like I'm better off dusting off the trilogy if I wanna play real Mass Effect games again...
    I believe they are remastering the trilogy for PS4/XBone?

seriously what a bummer though if this just turns out to be Call of Duty: First Contact War

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I believe they are remastering the trilogy for PS4/XBone?
    Nothing official unfortunately; they have all my money if they actually do it though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast