Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Brutal.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Is there anyway to recruit strike teams besides mission funds?

Is there any reason to not use funds to buy strike teams?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Once you get 2-3 teams leveled up enough that they can rotate the Gold missions, you might want to recruit some other teams so they can do Bronze and Silver for you. Also, it's good to have backup teams in the event one of your teams get stuck with a negative trait or two and you have to retire them. Teams can only be recruited with mission funds.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I've been rolling with Drack/Vetra/Jaal. Cora's shield boost is nice but she gets herself murdered a lot by Biotic Charging things she really shouldn't.

Probably gonna bang Vetra because why not.
    Cora gets way better with the final perks on Charge giving her mad damage reduction following the charge + her shotgun gaining cryo rounds.

At least from what I've seen so far I think the only 100% squadmate is Drack. Blood Rage is just way too fucking powerful if for no other reason he becomes an unkillable distraction while you clean up everything . Once I finish her loyalty mission I'll probably switch Cora for Vetra, her final perk for stacking damage (5% per auto rifle hit, up to a 100% cap) is fucking nasty considering she's using a goddamn Cyclone and its hail of bullets.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, they really stuck gold on Drack. He's an awesome character, and he's unkillable. No reason to not have him on your team.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post

Brutal.
    Lmao...yeah, after watching that, I don't even think I'm going to pick this up when its $20.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean it's not like since the game came out the thread is almost entirely people talking about how much they're enjoying the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I mean it's not like since the game came out the thread is almost entirely people talking about how much they're enjoying the game.
    This.

I'm in the process of uploading some clips of bugs and stupid shit right now, but the faults haven't deterred me from continuing the game. There is a lot of enjoyment to be found.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NPC Jitters on Horizon, it's a 2 min conversation that contains story spoilers but the jitters gave me a sensible chuckle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0I3MrwKNfs

Here is some short non-spoiler bugs & foolishness;

BG Level

i think that's mostly because everyone here who wasn't willing to overlook the flaws just cancelled their preorders + didn't buy the game. professional and private reviewers are p split over the game, BG is a fanboy outlier

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Story is ok so far.mp is annoying cuz the lag is ridiculous

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i think that's mostly because everyone here who wasn't willing to overlook the flaws just cancelled their preorders + didn't buy the game. professional and private reviewers are p split over the game, BG is a fanboy outlier
    There's no denying it's a deeply flawed game, but it's no worse then alot of big AAA releases we've seen recently like FFXV

I've also gotten say that man, the sheer scale of the game is incredible. I'm at something like 42 hours of playtime with 43% of the game complete.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I almost cancelled my pre-order when I saw all the shit being said during early access. I'm honestly really glad I didn't. I don't know if its just because I've been wanting a good space game or what but I can't overstate how much fun I've been having.

Was ME3 good? I bought it but there was a total shitstorm over the ending and I never played it. I've been meaning to go back to it but backlog and all that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Also, any recommendations for Assault Rifles? I really need an upgrade. I found a Black Widow IV Sniper Rifle which complete rocks anything I get a headshot on but I have mostly been going Shotgun/Assault Rifle/Vanguard play style.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    I almost cancelled my pre-order when I saw all the shit being said during early access. I'm honestly really glad I didn't. I don't know if its just because I've been wanting a good space game or what but I can't overstate how much fun I've been having.

Was ME3 good? I bought it but there was a total shitstorm over the ending and I never played it. I've been meaning to go back to it but backlog and all that.
    the ending is indeed terrible and the companion roster isn't nearly as good as 2's BUT if you can get past those things it's p terrific. every person and decision from 1 + 2 show up, the game has some of the best dramatic moments in any Mass Effect game and all of them concern 1 + 2's characters in some way (no spoilers but some of the decisions are devastating, especially for renegade), and a couple of the Reaper fights are the height of 'oh shit!' moments in the MEverse.

2 is definitely the pinnacle of the series for me but 3 is a fine game with moments of brilliance, and an absolute necessity if you want to finish Shepard and co's story. plus the Citadel dlc is hilarious.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The last 10 minutes of ME3 can't ruin the rest of the game, which is pretty fantastic. The Citadel DLC is also the best piece of DLC in recent memory.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Also, any recommendations for Assault Rifles? I really need an upgrade. I found a Black Widow IV Sniper Rifle which complete rocks anything I get a headshot on but I have mostly been going Shotgun/Assault Rifle/Vanguard play style.
    PAW (Remnant tech) is good if you don't have a huge number of augments available. If you've got enough augments around to really boost it up, the N7 Valkyrie is fucking sick.

I've been doing a Power Cell Combat build (so I can ignore cool downs and weapon weight), using a combination of a Dhan Shotgun (Tracking rounds and Shield Oscillator), a Black Widow (Double Mods and damage boosts), and a Valkyrie (Tracking, Plasma Charge, and Vintage Heat Sink). Mostly alternate between Widow and Dhan since they can annihilate unshielded/armored enemies in 2 shots at most, and going to Valkyrie for mass AoE clears

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

PAW (Remnant tech) is good if you don't have a huge number of augments available. If you've got enough augments around to really boost it up, the N7 Valkyrie is fucking sick.

I've been doing a Power Cell Combat build (so I can ignore cool downs and weapon weight), using a combination of a Dhan Shotgun (Tracking rounds and Shield Oscillator), a Black Widow (Double Mods and damage boosts), and a Valkyrie (Tracking, Plasma Charge, and Vintage Heat Sink). Mostly alternate between Widow and Dhan since they can annihilate unshielded/armored enemies in 2 shots at most, and going to Valkyrie for mass AoE clears
    That sounds right up my alley, thanks!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

If there's one thing they did right in this game it's the environments. On Voeld right now running around in the Nomad and I really love it.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have like 21 pts sitting around.

Can't be bothered to spend on anything but assault rifle, sniper rifle, and a few defensive things from tech and combat.