+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Honestly, I would have loved to see (still see) a ME series that is happening during the timeline of ME 1-3, but on a less 'galaxy wide crisis' plot. The development could include some sort of import tactics where it pulls from your previous save files from the trilogy to reference events as a nod to your earlier work. Existing as a new character inside a Shepard universe you helped create would be awesome I think.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Don't know much about this game, but can someone give me a snapshot on why it was such a gigantic disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Don't know much about this game, but can someone give me a snapshot on why it was such a gigantic disappointment?
    It's mostly to do with the horrible character animations, bugs, and the fact that the story doesn't really go anywhere. The gameplay itself was really good and the game had a ton of stuff to do, but it got boring after a while and just felt unfocused. It was a lot like DA:I in that regard and I think the reaction to it is the same. The game isn't bad, and is in a much better spot now than on release, but expectations for another ME game were so high that most people just feel let down.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its simplest to just say that the game was hugely unpolished. The core gameplay was good, and the design of the various planets was cool (tho they did excessively fall into standard sci fi tropes of ice planet/desert planet/etc). But bad animations, limited character creator, subpar writing, and assorted weird flaws that should have never seen release.

A lot of the games problems were fixed via the patches, tho the animation is still a bit janky and the story is unfocused. If you end up picking the game nowadays it's not in a bad spot, especially since you could grab it for a discount and 20-30 bucks for a 60+ hour RPG is a fine deal.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The gameplay was great (I quite enjoyed it), but I can agree that it was riddled with bugs and animation problems. If they would have waited another few months to polish it, the reception would have been a lot better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

As buggy as it has been, I'd still prefer another iteration of ME:A to no Mass Effect at all.

While it didn't live up to the huge expectations set by ME1-3, I found it to be a highly enjoyable game when I wasn't cursing through my teeth about the latest bug or misstep. I hope they aren't considering abandoning the franchise. That'd be a huge disappointment.

RIP, Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    As buggy as it has been, I'd still prefer another iteration of ME:A to no Mass Effect at all.
    You should ask Devil May Cry fans how they feel about this.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DMC was a good game, just not necessarily a good Devil May Cry game.

It was OK. Visuals and level design aside everything else was a train wreck and I can't imagine any real DMC fan being happier with it existing rather than not.

Sometimes it's best to leave shit alone.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was happy with it, it was a good game in spite of emo Dante.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I downloaded the free trial and was pleasantly surprised. The combat felt really good, it definitely feels like a mass effect title. Think I will picked this up used, at $10 seems like a great deal.

I skipped this because of the bad press but at 2 hours in and I am really enjoying it. Is this a bad Idea? I can't see it getting drastically worse as far as game play.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you enjoyed the trial you'll like the full game. Most of the problematic stuff is in the first few hours of the game, so if you can make it thru that you'll be gtg

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If you enjoyed the trial you'll like the full game. Most of the problematic stuff is in the first few hours of the game, so if you can make it thru that you'll be gtg
    That's good to hear. I guess going in with low expectations helped.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For 10 dollars it's not bad. It gets incredibly redundant as you go along though. It's literally the plot of the first series with reskinned/renamed bad guys.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    For 10 dollars it's not bad. It gets incredibly redundant as you go along though. It's literally the plot of the first series with reskinned/renamed bad guys.
    Yeah. And for me the story wasn't compelling enough to keep going after a while

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    For 10 dollars it's not bad. It gets incredibly redundant as you go along though.
    If you're a completionist or anything like me in that regard, somewhere near the end of the second / start of the third major exploration planet, you'll be ready to move on with the plot and be done with the exploring. But there's five planets, which is good if you like that kind of thing, but it ends up being very repetitive by the end with so many fetch/destroy the outlaw base quests. If you have the willpower to not complete every mission you come across, you'll probably enjoy the latter half of the game more than I did.

As has been said before, it's a good game. It's just not a good Mass Effect game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave
    It's literally the plot of the first series with reskinned/renamed bad guys.
    Mass Effect: The Force Awakens.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Yeah. And for me the story wasn't compelling enough to keep going after a while
    I still have 0 desire to finish the story. I hated both single and multiplayer

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How long till EA takes Bioware out behind the shed?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well they gutted Bioware Montreal already (who was responsible for MEA).

Last I heard the game was still profitable, and we've still got Anthem and the next Dragon Age in the pipeline. Both of which will be made by the "real" Bioware.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Mmmmm Dragon Age.....