+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought the problem people had with the Mako was the terrible control coupled with the physics interaction with the environment. I honestly don't remember how bad it was, but that appears to be the general consensus.

I like the idea that they feel you need a vehicle to get around. That (hopefully) means we'll be getting larger, open environments to actually explore. The fact that it lacks guns means it won't be for shooting shit on planets with no reason to walk around.

I hope.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i think you mean amazing godlike powers possessed by the mako. which is why a mako beam woulda been a way better ending.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://blog.bioware.com/2014/08/07/c...rom-biowareea/
    From Aaryn Flynn, BioWare Studio General Manager

After nearly 16 years of game development at BioWare, Executive Producer Casey Hudson has made the decision to move on from BioWare and enter a new stage of his career. We thank Casey for his hard work and dedication as we look back on his time with BioWare.

Starting as a Technical Artist on Neverwinter Nights and MDK2, Casey moved into the Project Director role with 2003’s Game of the Year Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He then led the team in the development of the Mass Effect trilogy, an award-winning series that I and many others consider to be one of the most important science-fiction universes of our generation. Casey’s focus on production quality, digital acting technology, and emotionally engaging narrative has made a substantial impact on BioWare and the video game industry as a whole.

Casey shared his thoughts with his colleagues in a letter earlier today:

“After what already feels like a lifetime of extraordinary experiences, I have decided to hit the reset button and move on from BioWare. I’ll take a much needed break, get perspective on what I really want to do with the next phase of my life, and eventually, take on a new set of challenges.

Though there’s never an easy time to make a change like this, I believe this is the best time for it. The foundation of our new IP in Edmonton is complete, and the team is ready to move forward into pre-production on a title that I think will redefine interactive entertainment. Development for the next Mass Effect game is well underway, with stunning assets and playable builds that prove the team is ready to deliver the best Mass Effect experience to date. And the Dragon Age: Inquisition team is putting the final touches on a truly ambitious title with some of the most beautiful visuals I’ve seen in a game.

But while I feel that the time has come, this is without a doubt the most difficult decision of my career. BioWare is as magical a place today as it was when I started. The projects we are working on are some of the most exciting and prestigious in the world. The talent in our teams is second to none. And the people here are some of my closest friends. I’ve spent more time with many of you than my own family, and I have enjoyed every day of it.”

Casey also had a message of appreciation for BioWare fans:

“Long before I worked in games, I was fascinated by their ability to transport me to places where amazing and memorable experiences awaited. When I made my very first asset that I knew would actually make it into a game (the laser bolt in MDK2!) I couldn’t believe how fortunate I was to contribute in some small way to the process of creating interactive entertainment.

Now, having led the development of four major titles, I’m profoundly appreciative of the role I’ve been able to play in creating these games. The very idea that so many of you have enjoyed spending time in the worlds we’ve created is the defining achievement of my career, and it’s your support over the years that made it all possible.

Thank you.

I know that I leave our projects in great hands, and I join you in looking forward to playing them.”

As we say a fond farewell, I know I speak on behalf of the entire studio when I say that we will be forever grateful for Casey’s hard work, passion, and everything he has taught us over the years – a methodical dedication to quality, a spirit of teamwork and camaraderie, and putting fans above everything else. But most of all, Casey has challenged every one of us in the studio to be better tomorrow than we were today. It is in that spirit that as we finish Dragon Age: Inquisition, we will continue working on the next Mass Effect game and our new IP project, confident in our goals and progress.

Thank you Casey. This is not an ending, but a new beginning.
    idk if he was expected to have a role in the new ME, but seemed at least somewhat relevant to this thread

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Casey's job just before leaving was getting the new IP into pre-production. Which he's done. If he had any involvement in the ME reboot, it ended months and months ago.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah that seemed likely to be the case, but I wasn't sure and it was either here or the general news thread

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Now if only he'd die....

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

New footage or waste of time imo

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How bout re-releasing the trilogy on PS4 and Xbone? I honestly wouldn't mind playing them again sans the terrible ending.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    How bout re-releasing the trilogy on PS4 and Xbone? I honestly wouldn't mind playing them again sans the terrible ending.
    Would be cool, but without the terrible handling of the guns in ME1

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Would be cool, but without the terrible handling of the guns in ME1
    ME1 is best ME.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It might be, if you took the gameplay out of all the games and judged them solely on their plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    ME2 is best ME.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    It might be, if you took the gameplay out of all the games and judged them solely on their plots.
    Yep, but even still ME2 brings the thunder.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

hopefully this one ends up being ME2 + Mako

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Agreed.

Yep, but even still ME2 brings the thunder.
    ME2 was pretty fantastic, but I'm still butthurt they took so much of the RPG out of the RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    hopefully this one ends up being ME2 + Mako
    I swore off just about everything ME and EA after ME3's ending debacle, but that might actually just tempt me.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

ME3 is my favorite pretty handily. Easily the best gameplay, good story up to the end of Earth, and the multiplayer was great too.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The multiplayer on ME3 was extremely entertaining. For a series that up to that point had zero multiplayer Bioware did an awesome job.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I loved the multiplayer in 3 even though I thought I would hate it initially. I can't wait for the DA:I multi.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Me3 multi-player is definitely one of the most pleasant surprises in recent gaming memory. Going in there was no reason to expect it to be any good, turns out to be amazing + all the free DLC.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i honestly forgot about it, but yeah, it was pretty awesome. so me2 + mako + ME3 style multiplayer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast