+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The game's bullshit checkpoint system is really triggering me while trying to do the Defeating the Kett mission on Eos (on Insanity). Doesn't help that the mission itself seems to be a bit buggy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Also, any recommendations for Assault Rifles? I really need an upgrade. I found a Black Widow IV Sniper Rifle which complete rocks anything I get a headshot on but I have mostly been going Shotgun/Assault Rifle/Vanguard play style.
    Honestly, Hornet SMG is probably the best pistol/rifle in the game. Thing tears through enemies. I do like the Pathfinder Assault Rifle as well (pre-order delux edition bonus). Otherwise I stick to the Mattock and the scavenger one cause the damage is just so damn good, its a shame it unlocks so late cause it's one of the best pieces of Cerberus Weapons they let you get.

Next playthrough I'm gonna rock SMG/SR as Sarah and pop in the shotgun later on when I get to the -40% weapon weight in the tech tree.

Also, finally completed the game. Missed the movie night quest cause of how I did the story in succession.

Little spoiler discussion

Spoiler: show
    Can't believe the AI is funded by The Illusive Man, and on top of it, can't wait for the quarian ark DLC (if its coming this game) Game's really being set up to be huge for Andromeda 2. Honestly, at this point Andromedia > ME1. 2 and 3 were masterpieces and I loved the ending from 3 just because its so Pyrrhic (unless you got the merge option with the directors cut). There's plenty of valid complaints, but I expect that we'll see SAM integrated more into both Ryders and we'll see a two pronged story in ME:A2. Definitely going to be something worth watching out for.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So is it possible to shut all those giant green things in the desert down on Eos? I figured taking out the Kett base with the giant shield would have done it, but they're all still on and making that obnoxious noise.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post

Brutal.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's pretty depressing that I actually am getting sick of the MP already. Gun strength is absolutely terrible outside of maybe 5 or 6 guns, really only 1 or 2 snipers (Valiant and Vanquisher). Combos do effectively nothing. Powers generally feel pretty weak. When the most optimal thing is to just be a nigh-unkillable Human/Krogan Vanguard and punch the shit out of everything, to the extent that most other classes/guns are actively BAD, something is wrong.

Compounded with a really sub-optimal experience whenever you're not hosting usually. Today I had "phantom bullet syndrome" where my 6 shot Sidewinder sometimes had 8 shots and most of them just "didn't count". Sniper shots that just completely miss a dude completely in sights because of poor boundaries on walls, corners, cover, and even allies and Engi turrets.

The zoom on scopes is literally just a zoom in the camera. You can still see your character's arms and shit in the frame. Absence of reload cancelling is more of an annoyance than I thought it would be since the reload process is so tedious.

I was wholly ready to forgive graphical flaws and some technical flaws, but I don't know how the fuck the "ME3 MP team" fucked up the one thing they nailed previously. Which is not to say I'm not having fun at all, but it's a much more deflated experience than I was expecting.

In I guess more positive news, we'll probably be seeing 3 more classes trickle into MP like the KroGladiator did. Datamined chars that just weren't ready on release.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

^I was going to make a similar post. I haven't had any server issues but it does feel more grindy than ME3 with all of the starter weapons and powers feeling weak as hell. Maybe I'm just forgetting what early ME3 was like

Also WHY GET RID OF HEAVY MELEE. Headbutting is not as satisfying as krogan charge n launch

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I've watched that video like 5 times now, and have laughed my ass off each time. Cheers to that fella....

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I am officially tired of the fucking cinematics. Please jesus just let me fly around like ME2 and ME3. I am enjoying everything except the travelling bits though. I will admit that Dunkey is right about Ryder being a Mary Sue with no emotion.

BG Level

The part where she talks about her dead father with a smile on her face crack me up to no end hahaha

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm about to restart the game with guy Ryder, cause Femyder is pretty lulzy atm. I just hate how he looks like a space Ricky Martin, and the character creator is shit in this game.

MP is repetitive and tedious as said above. I haven't ventured much outside of the human vangaurd cause being able to charge and melee non stop for practically infinity shields is pretty broken but necessary when enemy HP gets so high that these weak ass guns take forever and a day to kill one of 50 enemiess that came this wave. I just cant believe that in 2017, "multiplayer" consists of nothing but PVE ad naseum with absolutely no other game mode in site. Like, they even give you missions to complete, and to complete them all you have to do is PVE the same levels you've already been doing since hour 1.

If the MP is a shallow pit leaving much to be desired, and SP is a technical mess, why is this game getting any amount of love at all? Is the plot really that good?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm about to restart the game with guy Ryder, cause Femyder is pretty lulzy atm. I just hate how he looks like a space Ricky Martin, and the character creator is shit in this game.

MP is repetitive and tedious as said above. I haven't ventured much outside of the human vangaurd cause being able to charge and melee non stop for practically infinity shields is pretty broken but necessary when enemy HP gets so high that these weak ass guns take forever and a day to kill one of 50 enemiess that came this wave. I just cant believe that in 2017, "multiplayer" consists of nothing but PVE ad naseum with absolutely no other game mode in site. Like, they even give you missions to complete, and to complete them all you have to do is PVE the same levels you've already been doing since hour 1.

If the MP is a shallow pit leaving much to be desired, and SP is a technical mess, why is this game getting any amount of love at all? Is the plot really that good?
    The story is very compelling to be honest. I really enjoy it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

In addition to the "travelling" shit in galaxy map, there's one aspect of the game that kills it for me in SP (which I would normally use to vent some MP frustration). That is that the game seems to render itself unplayable if you put the PS4 into sleep and then wake up.

I fall asleep playing late a lot, and wake up to find everything is frozen. Ryder and everything in the environment refuses to move. All I can do is open the menu and exit to title screen. This has never been an issue in any other game and I wonder how this even happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    3's MP offered basically the same as what we have now, minus jumping, all of the technical issues, and one more map on launch, but also made powers and weapons not feel crazy weak. By far the biggest issue with MP is that everything feels so weak, compounded with more enemies than 3's MP had at one time.

The biggest joke is that the current gold Apex mission has -25% damage and clip size on guns. So yeah let's make the guns even worse than usual.

BG Level

So are you all enjoying the game or not? Krandor said yes, but I'm mostly reading complaints and people fed up with this or that lo.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If you forced me at gunpoint to pick yes or no, I'd probably just shrug. "Deeply flawed" is an understatement. The core experience is fun in theory but it is plagued with technical problems that a game with this long of a development time should definitely not have.

To go off on a completely different tangent: I personally did not like FFXV but I recognize my dislikes are largely the result of it being a very split game in terms of development. Technically it did pretty much everything it set out to do. Andromeda does pretty much the opposite. It has a pretty good gameplay core but the technical wrappings are held together with confetti.

For me, my opinion will largely be shaped by seeing how EA/BW handle the shitstorm in the coming week or two. But I'm leaning slightly towards "yes, enjoying" at the moment.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So are you all enjoying the game or not? Krandor said yes, but I'm mostly reading complaints and people fed up with this or that lo.
    Yes. I'm still pouring hours into the game and it's rewarding.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Yes. I'm still pouring hours into the game and it's rewarding.
    ^

I'm not the biggest fan of the change to open worlds (and this is mostly just because I have 5 other open world RPGs going on right now), but still playing it and enjoying it a lot.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    If you forced me at gunpoint to pick yes or no, I'd probably just shrug. "Deeply flawed" is an understatement. The core experience is fun in theory but it is plagued with technical problems that a game with this long of a development time should definitely not have.

To go off on a completely different tangent: I personally did not like FFXV but I recognize my dislikes are largely the result of it being a very split game in terms of development. Technically it did pretty much everything it set out to do. Andromeda does pretty much the opposite. It has a pretty good gameplay core but the technical wrappings are held together with confetti.

For me, my opinion will largely be shaped by seeing how EA/BW handle the shitstorm in the coming week or two. But I'm leaning slightly towards "yes, enjoying" at the moment.
    I loved the FFXV movie and was super hyped for the game. I thought the game was dreadful.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I loved the FFXV movie and was super hyped for the game. I thought the game was dreadful.
    Everything about this statement is wrong. Movie was trash. Game is flawed but fun.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Only scratching the surface of main game so far but really enjoying it.

Ironically it's the multi-player I'm worried about not keeping my interest long term despite it being a high point on ME3. If they update it regularly as they did ME3 it should be fine

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am enjoying it, despite it's flaws. It's obvious the game needed more development time, and it could have been a much better experience. Probably in a couple months worth of patches it will feel like a different game.