+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

I liked it, there were some issues but overall I'd probably put it same as season 2.

Spoiler: show
    I get Kingpin is supposed to very smart and they have shown him to be good but after a while the "He already planned for this!" gets a little old but I find that with most "super smart villains." It's all part of the plan...

My other big gripe was Bullseye. I liked his character and his action, just he didn't make much sense. It seems he was just born with this innate ability to never miss and have super strength and kill people with the most mundane objects. When he is attacking the Bulletin, Matt is hiding behind a wall and without seeing him he can just know where he is and ricochet random things and hit him. The other part is the final scene shows his eye "He's Bullseye now!" but what do they change? I mean he's already super strong and accurate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finally finished it. That prison fight/escape scene and the final fight were really well done. I liked Bullseye as a character, but his abilities were just kinda eh. In the end, he's a guy that's accurate with whatever random thing he wants to throw and that's about it. Overall, I enjoyed it. Think I'd rank it 2nd behind the first season.

Here's to hoping it dodges the cancel train going round.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I think this was the best season of Marvel Netflix television so far, including The Punisher.

I will agree with an above post thought that between all 3 seasons of Daredevil, both seasons of Luke Cage, and the first season of Jessica Jones, I am no longer feeling the villain always being 3 steps ahead of the hero until the last episode. I understand that the hero racing to stop the villain from enacting their nefarious scheme that they've already been planning for some time is an essential part of this kind of story, but it's still ok to have the hero do things they don't expect.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Part of that has to be the difficulty with writing 10-12 some hours of material, and probably why a lot of the earlier Marvel Netflix stuff had the abrupt mid-season reset to initiate a second story arc, to sorta reset the pacing/stakes and not draw the one particular story out too long. The constant focus on Kingpin's one-ups got a little tiring this time around, and the breather episode with Karen's history could have been both shortened (as already mentioned here) instead of a full episode to it.

Seasons 1 of DD & JJ still rank as the top-2 for me, undecided for the third place between Punish, Luke S2, and DD S3 (despite above issues).
    Speaking of DD S3 though, one thing that really threw me off was an earlier scene in the church basement after Matt got beat up, and it showed a blurry PoV from his perspective. Did the director forget he's blind when they scheduled those shots?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Other than shortening the season to 10 episodes as some have already said, I think a lot of the tiring Kingpin one-ups could’ve also been resolved:

If they had reintroduced Vanessa 2 or 3 episodes earlier than they did. She was one of the better parts of S1 and one of the best written characters on the show. She could’ve helped to add that aura of uncertainty to Kingpins’ actions

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally finished.

Gonna echo everyone else, would've been way better at 10 eps. I was reaching some fatigue by the end and I only marathoned the last half of it. Pretty great season though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Screen Rant is reporting DD season 3 viewership is down 57% from season 2. This is after Luke Cage was down 59% and Iron Fist was down 64% from their respective first seasons.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just watched it. Loved it. Didn't get to marathon it like I normally do, and only watched like 2-3 episodes at a time each night. I was honestly left wanting more.

Bullseye was terrifying and hilarious all at the same time, great villain for a comic book lol.

I'm ready for them to move on from Kingpin, but he was also so amazing that I wouldn't be mad if we got more of him.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wonder if any of it has to do with them not advertising it very well?

I was looking forward to the season but had no idea the day it dropped.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Wonder if any of it has to do with them not advertising it very well?

I was looking forward to the season but had no idea the day it dropped.
    Yeah, the first few seasons felt like these huge deals when they dropped. Now its more like, one trailer 3ish weeks before it drops, and thats it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I panic everytime this thread is bumped. Feels like it's gonna be someone posting a link about it being cancelled.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its coming though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Definitely. With the D starting it's own streaming service, it's a matter of "when", not "if".

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

https://twitter.com/erikoleson/statu...38848939339776

Just pitched @netflix #Daredevil Season 4. Fingers crossed!

BG Level

I loved the small little nod to the Punisher this season when they mentioned a ton of mob bosses were murdered and kingpin was dealing with the scraps left lol.

and canceled

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BG Level

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh kame damn it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Fuck man, it's safe to say no matter how godly S3 of JJ and S2 of Punisher is, it's going to get cancelled anyway.

Thanks house of mouse!