FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - Season 3 June 14, 2019

Marvel has made another pretty epic move! They've teamed up with Netflix to bring us four new live action series starting in 2015! The four series will include Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage! They will all lead up to a miniseries event for The Defenders. They are basically bringing their movie phase plan to TV, and I hope that it works! I also hope that these series' end up being better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because that's starting to disappoint. That series just needs a reboot with a whole new idea and new characters.

According to the press release the four new series "taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's The Defenders mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters." This could end up being incredibly awesome! I'm excited to see how this all turns out!

Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment, had this to say in a statement,

This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty. This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.
    Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos had this to say,

Marvel's movies, such as 'Iron Man' and Marvel's 'The Avengers', are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels. With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.
    From the press release:

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/marvel-an...-jessica-jones

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Will be written by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter)
    Dexter writer and producer Melissa Rosenberg is set to write and produce Marvel's Jessica Jones series. She was on board to write the series a couple of years ago, but it didn't go anywhere at the time. Now that it's back on track Rosenberg will oversee the project. Jones is a superhero turned investigator who comes from the Alias comic series.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/marvels-j...-dexter-writer
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...jessica-655571

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ Series: Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer & Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
    I hear Marvel is assembling a field of actresses invited to test for the lead of the company’s straight-to-series Jessica Jones drama for Netflix. I hear it includes Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer and Jessica De Gouw. All fall within the age range of 25-33 listed on the breakdowns for the role.
    Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama — the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal — centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.
    I also heard two names mentioned as being in consideration for the male lead Luke Cage: Crisis‘ Lance Gross and The Good Wife and The Following‘s Mike Colter. Cage is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series, the fourth in the Netflix-Marvel package that includes Daredevil, starring Charlie Cox, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The characters from the four shows band together for a miniseries to close out the storylines.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://deadline.com/2014/12/krysten-...el-1201309398/
    Marvel is mum as usual, but I hear they have tapped Krysten Ritter for the lead in the company’s straight-to-series drama Jessica Jones. Ritter was one of five actresses who tested for the role. I hear it came down to her and Teresa Palmer, with both doing chemistry reads with The Following‘s Mike Colter, believed to be the choice for male lead Luke Cage.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Meh Daddario would be better

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marvel confirms Krysten's casting
    “Krysten brings both the hard edge and the vulnerability the role demands,” said Executive Producer/Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg. “We can’t wait for fans to see her in action, coming to Netflix in 2015.”

“Krysten Ritter has the type of range, spanning the comic to the tragic, that makes for the stuff of the best Marvel heroes,” said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer/Marvel’s Head of Television. “As Jessica Jones, Krysten will bring one of the most beloved new characters of the past decade to life in a way we know will delight her longtime fans and introduce her to many more.”
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/23762/krys..._jessica_jones

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Mike Colter Officially Cast as Luke Cage for Marvel / Netflix Series

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23866/mike..._jessica_jones

Confirming reports a few weeks ago that his casting was nearly solidified, Marvel and Netflix have officially announced that Mike Colter will play Luke Cage.

Colter will debut as Cage via a role in AKA Jessica Jones, which will star Krysten Ritter as the title character. Per Marvel/Netflix: “During the course of an investigation in New York City, private investigator Jessica Jones encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage – a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica in ways she could never have imagined.”

Colter recently starred in Halo: Nightfall and has a recurring role on The Good Wife, and has previously been seen in The Following and American Horror Story: Coven. While the announcement only mentions Cage's role in AKA Jessica Jones, it is already known that he'll be getting his own solo Netflix series afterwards, though no writer/showrunner has been revealed yet for Luke Cage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58774

Marvel.com has announced that David Tennant ("Doctor Who," "Broadchurch") has joined the cast of "A.K.A. Jessica Jones" in the role of Kilgrave. Tennant joins Krysten Ritter ("Breaking Bad," "Don't Trust The B---- In Apt. 23"), who will play the titular character in the upcoming Netflix series. Mike Colter will also star as Luke Cage.

The announcement offers a little bit of information on Kilgrave and gives the impression that Tennant will have a major part to play in the thirteen-episode series. "An enigmatic figure from Jessica's past," reads the announcement, "Kilgrave's reappearance will send shockwaves through the former super hero's world." Executive producer and showrunner Melissa Rosenberg praised Tennant in the announcement, saying that he will "make Kilgrave a truly original villain."

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

My body is ready.

He might also appear in some of the other 3, perhaps?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rachael Taylor (Transformers/Grey's Anatomy/Crisis) cast as Trist "Patsy" Walker / Hellcat

http://www.thewrap.com/marvels-aka-j...achael-taylor/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix (Neo's lover) /Memento / Pompeii) cast as Harper
    http://www.thewrap.com/carrie-anne-m...nes-exclusive/

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am okay with all these choices. Krysten Ritter still not my top choice, but solid supporting cast, as always.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Why is there the "A.K.A." in the title? Does it stand for the usual "also known as"?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Alias was the name of the comic, but there was already an Alias show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First look at Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Set photos, could be spoilery. Also, a amazingly unspillable coffee cup.
    Spoiler: show

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

someone should call a Doctor

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

He looks terrible with that stubble.

I had no interest in his before seeing how phenomenal Daredevil was. Is there nothing more specific about the release date than sometime this year?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    He looks terrible with that stubble.

I had no interest in his before seeing how phenomenal Daredevil was. Is there nothing more specific about the release date than sometime this year?
    Fall/Winter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast