FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Iron Fist (Netflix) - S2 September 7, 2018

Marvel has made another pretty epic move! They've teamed up with Netflix to bring us four new live action series starting in 2015! The four series will include Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage! They will all lead up to a miniseries event for The Defenders. They are basically bringing their movie phase plan to TV, and I hope that it works! I also hope that these series' end up being better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because that's starting to disappoint. That series just needs a reboot with a whole new idea and new characters.

According to the press release the four new series "taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's The Defenders mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters." This could end up being incredibly awesome! I'm excited to see how this all turns out!

Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment, had this to say in a statement,

This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty. This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.
    Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos had this to say,

Marvel's movies, such as 'Iron Man' and Marvel's 'The Avengers', are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels. With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.
    From the press release:

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/marvel-an...-jessica-jones

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Of these shows, I'm most interested in this one. I'll check em all out of course but I've come to really like Iron Fist over the years.

I dig the direction this whole thing is going in as well, hope they pull it off.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

At this point, Netflix is doing no wrong with their original shows. Looking forward to this and Daredevil.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...JX01GU.twitter
    This morning on the Howard Stern show, actor Ryan Phillippe told Howard that he was in talks with Marvel for something on Netflix. The 40-year old actor is currently starring in ABC’s Secrets And Lies… and ABC is owned by Disney. The major role that hasn’t been cast yet in the Netflix / Marvel deal is of course Daniel Rand / Iron Fist, Phillippe would definitely be a name to lead the fourth of the planned series. There has also been a rumor floating around about The Punisher joining the Netflix family of originals… he would make an interesting Frank Castle. Or maybe he is inline to be a villain… maybe even Bullseye for the second season of Daredevil.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've also heard rumors of him for Lee Owlsley in the second season of Daredevil.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But Owlsley was already in Season 1, and, you know.

Spoiler: show
    He ded

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    But Owlsley was already in Season 1, and, you know.

Spoiler: show
    He ded
    His son.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I hope they do make a Punisher. Would make for a great show later.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I hope they do make a Punisher. Would make for a great show later.
    Jeeze, given the level of dark brutality in Daredevil (who doesn't kill people very often), Punisher would literally be 13 hours of "Frank Castle Kills Every Last Motherfucker In The Marvel Cinematic Universe," brought to you by Netflix.

I'm sold already. Can start with Gonzales from fakeSHIELD and work his way down from there.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obev View Post
    "Frank Castle Kills Every Last Motherfucker In The Marvel Cinematic Universe," brought to you by Netflix.
    Perhaps the best tagline ever. Especially if they can get Sam Jackson to come crossover.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Scott Buck (Dexter / Six Feet Under) to be the Executive Producer, Synopsis released
    Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist. “Marvel’s Iron Fist” is the fourth series as part of an overall deal between Marvel Television and Netflix, which has already released the critically-acclaimed first seasons of “Marvel’s Daredevil” and “Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” with “Marvel’s Luke Cage” premiering in 2016. All four heroes will then unite in the mini-series event “Marvel’s The Defenders.”
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/25516/scot...#ixzz3tfTfza1F

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So think we'll see more tie-in's as the two remaining "solo" series comes out, or will the miniseries have to deal with the group meeting and teaming up?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I hope Claire brings them together indirectly as they all call her at once and she has to call into work with another emergency.

Seriously though, I'm super excited after finishing Jessica Jones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Looking at his wiki and while they mention enhanced healing as a potential for his powers, him not being able to heal as much would be useful in bringing Claire in more often. It was semi-silly to have her in JJ/LK because they have your more typical superpowers including being a bit harder to take out. So maybe Iron Fist won't have anything more than what DD mentioned as meditation speeding up his healing, and so we'll see more Claire, giving more crossover potential. Also reading about him portraying DD to help keep his identity there's going to be some IF/DD crossover like JJ/LK for sure, just might get moved to a season 2 series.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

An Asian American is being considered for the lead, but will probably go to a Caucasian
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-should-847966

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Isn't Danny Rand white anyways?

Edit: Just read the article. Dumb. An Asian-American Rand isn't going to understand K'un L'un any better than a white American. It's not a real place. Maybe if they were going to make him straight-up from China it would make sense, but at that point he's a different character.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://screencrush.com/marvel-netfli...st-finn-jones/
    Loras from Game of Thrones to play Danny

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That could work, but he better in the Bruce Lee body fit otherwise he'll look silly.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Finally, a victory for white people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast