+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I forgot to mention that I also really liked Ward. He the perfect dickhead rich douche bag. Loved it.
    Lmfao. Hell yeah man. Definitely a highlight

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just finished Iron Fist and I have to say, I have very mixed feelings over it, especially when compared to Daredevil (have only seen season one so far) and Jessica Jones (haven't seen Luke Cage yet).

The intrigue between the Meachums & The Hand was definitely interesting, but it takes up waaay too much of the plotline and then ends on a pretty lame note -- Ward, who had been having this buildup of genuine hate and disgust for Danny becomes a friend and benefactor by the end of the season, while Joy, who had been rescued by Danny time and again (and also very much in love with him), suddenly decides to plot to have him killed, because reasons. Not only this, she teams up with a relative stranger to her, despite it also being another of Danny's childhood friends. Meanwhile, Harold ends up not being as effective a final boss as he should have been.... dude felt like he was more so another twisted victim of The Hand than anything. And no one really finds out that Ward kills him the second time, which is silly. The Hand was basically there to troll everyone involved throughout.

The fight scenes are also all basic as fuck, and you can tell that not enough money or resources were put into them. Danny Rand is the motherfucking IRON FIST, one of the absolute strongest martial artists in all of Marvel... the fight scenes should have done this fact justice. When you have the hallway fight scene in episode 2 of season 1's Daredevil looking better than most of Iron Fist's fight scenes, there is a real problem there that needs to be addressed.

With that said, the bad parts of the show can totally be salvaged come season 2 if they can get past the entire "take back Rand Corp." storyline and really have him going toe-to-toe with the Hand as it should be. Too much Meachums, too much dead-parentals issues, not enough pure asswhipping and martial arts violence.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    What I'm worried about now, is that Defenders is going to be about 5 episodes of them running into eachother randomly, an episode or two where there is a misunderstanding and they fight eachother, an episode of Claira giving them all a stern talking to, and then maybe 2 episodes where they work as a team to actually do something at the end. When what it really should be, is 12 hours of them drinking, making jokes, cracking skulls, and getting shit down.
    Well, you don't have to worry about all of that...Defenders is confirmed to be 8 episodes only.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Gross

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Speaking of Defenders, I expected a bit more of a setup leading into it from IF. As it stands, maybe Danny comes back, goes to Claire for some reason, and now she decides to tell the others to help out with the Hand?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or... Claire is like, fuck this, I am sick and tired of these motherfucking Hand on my motherfucking streets of New York. I'm getting the band together.

She's the Nick Fury of Defenders.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I just started watching iron fist tonight. I dont want to spoil anything but it really shouldnt be a spoiler at this point.

I just want to know if I am the only one that heres some of this song

Starting around 54:50 into episode 2 and during the entire phone conversation in the background. Its not the entire song but it sounds like it a lot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is it me or are Netflix Originals always painfuly weak at Action and Fight scenes ?
    Even the Tiger and Dragon movie thing was pretty bad, even compared to Korean or Japanese Movies...
    I mean seriously this Show had no cool moves at all so far, just watched Headshot the night before so its not helping, but still im getting like Kung Fu (1972) Vibes...
    Is it so hard to get a decent director and fight scene choreographer from Hong Kong to do this shit ?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC View Post
    Is it me or are Netflix Originals always painfuly weak at Action and Fight scenes ?
    Even the Tiger and Dragon movie thing was pretty bad, even compared to Korean or Japanese Movies...
    I mean seriously this Show had no cool moves at all so far, just watched Headshot the night before so its not helping, but still im getting like Kung Fu (1972) Vibes...
    Is it so hard to get a decent director and fight scene choreographer from Hong Kong to do this shit ?

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post

Hi.
    But he is right though lol, this is the only one with a few good fight scenes out of all of them.

For US series, into the badlands give me my fill of amazing fights! They got the right people to do their directing

i mean...jessica jones and luke cage arent exactly trained kung fu masters, and they also have super strength, so of course their fight scenes arent gonna be as flashy as daredevil. iron fist has no excuse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cosign. The IF team should have been at the level if not superior to DD. Fault rests with producers here for not sourcing the right people. Sadly though, from the onset, it NEVER felt like it would get near that level.

Even the crude film of an IF guarding the path was terrible and unimpressive.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

While the scene in the gif is somewhat decent its miles away from what i would expect, im not talking about a 20m action setpiece either.
    This one here has no Flashy moves its just made nicely and is 1 Shot, no 100 Cuts to hide the actor cant even throw a Punch.

youtube.com/watch?v=RHtpN0ypQuc

If your talking Iron Fist tho i would expect something like this...

youtube.com/watch?v=LkRK9knnFJs

I mean hes suposed to be the BEST martial artist in the Marvel Universe...

Hell even Bollywood does it better...

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5IGBaUoPk

Oh I cant post links because im lurking to hard

That bollywood fight lolz, I think you meant to post this, which is what it copies.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nice...lol. I totally forgot about that movie i knew it was kinda familiar, Bollywood just rips everything off.. i wonder if that movie has a dance scene haha, anyways just wanted to point out even Bollywood does it better than Netflix which is kinda sad.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyC View Post
    While the scene in the gif is somewhat decent its miles away from what i would expect, im not talking about a 20m action setpiece either.
    This one here has no Flashy moves its just made nicely and is 1 Shot, no 100 Cuts to hide the actor cant even throw a Punch.

youtube.com/watch?v=RHtpN0ypQuc

If your talking Iron Fist tho i would expect something like this...

youtube.com/watch?v=LkRK9knnFJs

I mean hes suposed to be the BEST martial artist in the Marvel Universe...

Hell even Bollywood does it better...

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5IGBaUoPk

Oh I cant post links because im lurking to hard
    That Ipman fight isn't exactly the best example, but it's in the right direction.

Iron Fist is no different than Daredevil in that he's a martial artist who is locked in constant street brawls with random thugs as well as fights against hordes of Hand foot ninjas and soldiers. With that said he should be rolling niggas left and right with ease, and having decent trouble with top Hand fighters. In this show he's basically being slapped around by just about everyone, which doesn't fly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ward was awesome, lol.

And seriously, Coleen running around with a GKT was a-ok with EVERYONE in modern-day NYC?!

C'mon, now.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinho View Post
    Ward was awesome, lol.

And seriously, Coleen running around with a GKT was a-ok with EVERYONE in modern-day NYC?!

C'mon, now.
    If white people can walk around with ARs, then hot ass Asian chicks should be able to walk around with GKTs

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    If white people can walk around with ARs, then hot ass Asian chicks should be able to walk around with GKTs
    Not gonna lie. This is mostly accurate.

If on 8th Ave, I'd at least turn my head before giving out a mild "Meh" whilst keeping it the fuck moving.