+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Did you guys catch the trailer for Punisher at the end of episode 8?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonaruto View Post
    Did you guys catch the trailer for Punisher at the end of episode 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    It auto-plays at the end of the series.

Bummer, I had a trailer for some shitty comedy show after mine

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished it today. Wasn't bad, wasn't good, just so so. Which is slightly disappointing.
    Also are they doing the world's slowest build to Claire becoming Night Nurse or what?

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Overall, I'd put this just below DD2, so on the upper end of the middle as far as these go.

Pros:
    My favorite recurring/supporting cast got featured heavily in Karen, Colleen, and Stick
    Good action especially the first fight to feature all 4 heroes
    Great performance by Sigourney Weaver and the Japanese finger.

Cons:
    Danny is still an idiot, though not as actively annoying as he was in his own series.
    Spoiler: show
    Electra was a much worse villain than Alexandra and her motivations were unclear until like the last 5 minutes of the series
    Bakuto is still completely bland and the guy playing him always seems like he's sleep-walking though his scenes
    As has been said, the resurrection rules are really inconsistent.

This last one is just a pet peeve of mine across a lot of sci-fi/fantasy media but I am so sick of characters saying stuff like "The Hand is a secret organization that can resurrect the dead?! That's craaaaaazy!" These people live in a world where aliens invaded New York, where two of them were given super powers by secret government/corporate entities, where there's a guy who fucking transforms from a tiny scientist into a 10ft green beast. How is the existence of the Hand or it's abilities more unbelievable than any of that?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Danny being an idiot doesn't really bother me that much, because in the comics he's not exact the sharpest tool in the shed either.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

There's lovable idiot, like Deadpool or Paul Rudd's Ant-man, and then there's annoying idiot like Danny or Jar-Jar.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My big thought for DD Season 3:

I wonder if we will get Daredevil Black leading the Hand... He and Electra being so close to the goop (which I interpreted to be dragon blood) makes me think that's how he survived, and now he may come back like he was in Shadowland in the comics

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    There's lovable idiot, like Deadpool or Paul Rudd's Ant-man, and then there's annoying idiot like Danny or Jar-Jar.
    He is a grown up kid with no street smarts because he was raised by monks in a sanctuary.

What do people want from him?

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    He is a grown up kid with no street smarts because he was raised by monks in a sanctuary.

What do people want from him?
    It's not that he has no "street smarts." He has no emotional control despite martial arts being all about discipline. He has worse anger issues than Daredevil whose whole fucking thing is that he has anger issues.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hopefully that all calms down now that his life's mission is pretty much complete.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Hopefully that all calms down now that his life's mission is pretty much complete.
    I think you were joking but
    Safe bet that if Matt survived, at least one of Gao/Murakami did as well. Even if all the fingers and Electra died, no way the Hand is just gone. What I'm hoping for is that in IF2 Colleen goes back to working wiith kids and tries to rebuild the Chaste. Maybe she can teach Danny to chill the fuck out while she's at it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wu-Tang is perfect for that ending fight scene. Haters.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

just great, opens with iron fist getting his ass kicked

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I honestly loved it.
    There were some missteps here or there (lack of explanation of Elektra's goals and powers mainly), but it was a lot of fun. Everyone interacted with eachother exactly as I hoped they would.

Overall though, it left me wanting more (in a good way). Can't wait to see what happens next.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I honestly loved it.
    There were some missteps here or there (lack of explanation of Elektra's goals and powers mainly), but it was a lot of fun. Everyone interacted with eachother exactly as I hoped they would.

Overall though, it left me wanting more (in a good way). Can't wait to see what happens next.
    Full agreement here.

And yeah Iron Fist is basically a soldier trained for war for one specific purpose. He has developed almost no skills in regards to anything else. He's just a weapon, but being on your own, and a super hero at that, requires a lot more of a complete package.

His whole issue is pride/testosterone related. He's a soldier trained for a purpose, THIS WAS THAT PURPOSE. He was told his whole life his goal was the destroy the Hand, he absolutely should have been involved in the defeat of the Hand, as that is his destiny and life's goal. To everyone else he's just being dumb, but he's convinced he's necessary to ever beating the Hand. He has a lot of progress to make, and hopefully that happens quicker than it has been so far. He did try to use his business connections a bit more in this series, so hopefully he does get a better grasp of things in IF2.

Hopefully Luke/DD can help chill him out, too. I really want to see more of them crossing over going forward.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think the Series ended with IF in a much better place. The hand is pretty much done. He's ready to calm down and just defend NYC now. Definitely seems like he'll be a lot more grown up next season. thankfully

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Fighting scenes and the writing in this is just horrible lol. Also, coleen gets on my nerves, can this bitch be more annoying, what a trash character.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I think the Series ended with IF in a much better place. The hand is pretty much done. He's ready to calm down and just defend NYC now. Definitely seems like he'll be a lot more grown up next season. thankfully
    Hand is very much going to return, but might take a season or two off, and Danny will think it's done so he can calm down and get into being a normal human being a bit more. Which he desperately needs. Marvel has a thing for making characters with weaknesses and drawbacks but IF's is really annoying, lol.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I feel like
    DD S3 will open with Iron Fist acting as DD while Matt is AWOL for the first few episodes