+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    It looks fantastic. Only thing that isn't fantastic is I feel like I should watch Iron Fist before this
    i wouldnt worry about it, you'll be fine

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The Defenders (Netflix - August 18, 2017)

I'm in the same boat. I'll feel like I'm gonna miss some key notes about The Hand or some shit.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

they actually do go in depth a bit about the hand, but i dont think itll be crucial to the defenders

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

The only takeaway from Iron Fist about the Hand us that there are different factions of it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also the series explicitly acknowledges that Danny is a shitty Iron Fist. When fantasy mirrors reality?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Excited about this... I hope the LC they bring is the first half of the season LC.

Also, Ward should have more screen time than Danny.

Claire. Hmmm.

Out in less than 2 hours and this is on page 3? I'm disappointed fam.

Spoiler: show
    Not really though. NO BREAKS ON THIS HYPE TRAIN! CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I wanna be hype, but I just watched Iron fist over this past week in case there was context for this. There has been a distinct downward trend in Marvel Netflix series and I'm afraid it's going to continue here.

Yeah, I haven't bothered rewatching IF since my first viewing. Luke Cage either, for that matter. I can't really see it being worse than those though. Maybe I'm just optimistic, lol

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

This was my first watch of IF. I had waited this long because I had heard it was bad, but it was much worse than I thought. I actually had trouble getting through it.

If they haven't improved Danny's character a lot from IF this is gonna be tough with JJ and DD having to carry Luke and Danny.

HERE WE FUCKING GO! See you lads on the other side!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Oh jeez, this release date got here way faster than I was expecting. I guess I just assumed this was later in the year or early next year or something.

This is great timing though, I needed something to watch this weekend.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    This was my first watch of IF. I had waited this long because I had heard it was bad, but it was much worse than I thought. I actually had trouble getting through it.

If they haven't improved Danny's character a lot from IF this is gonna be tough with JJ and DD having to carry Luke and Danny.
    Well, the very first scene has a fight with him that's probably better than all the fight scenes in his solo series combined, so there's that. I'm on 3rd ep now and they're still building up but it's good so far.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I'm watching too. The fights may be better but I'm not sure Danny is any better, which is what I care about.

So far I'm really digging Sigourney Weaver's character, especially if i'm right about her concept.
    I think she's someone who's come back via the Hand's gift so many times that it doesn't work anymore.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm watching too. The fights may be better but I'm not sure Danny is any better, which is what I care about.

So far I'm really digging Sigourney Weaver's character, especially if i'm right about her concept.
    I think she's someone who's come back via the Hand's gift so many times that it doesn't work anymore.
    There's a part in ep 3? that addresses that spoiler
    She "saw the darkness so many times she doesn't want to see it again." edit: ok so later on they explain they can't come back any more, at least until they accomplish their mission

Episode 6 is so fucking bonkers. I can't believe there are only 8 episodes!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I can kind of agree with that, but his character works better in the framework of the ensemble than it did solo.

Really good overall. One minor nitpick is that there's a couple of fight scenes where they felt the need to add a hiphop track and while that's fine, it seemed jarring, not a smooth transition to it, especially on the one big fight near the end.

And definitely no need to watch the Iron Fist series. There's a couple of things that'll have a little more impact if you did, but you're not left in the dark if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Episode 6 is so fucking bonkers. I can't believe there are only 8 episodes!
    Yup. Was not expecting that ending.

"His name is Matthew." ...but then after that you gotta expect it to be nearing the ending, right?

few episodes in and i am not feeling it, think i may be marvel'ed out

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    One minor nitpick is that there's a couple of fight scenes where they felt the need to add a hiphop track and while that's fine, it seemed jarring, not a smooth transition to it, especially on the one big fight near the end.
    I know exactly which fight you're talking about, and I bust out laughing when it happened. The tone was so serious before it started too lol

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Marvel went meta with the IF reception and now everyone pretty much actively points out how Danny is a horrible Iron Fist lol

If they used the last of the substance to revive Elektra as the Black Sky how was Bakuto revived? DD season 2 ended well before IF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast