+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

I don't believe 12/20 will be the release date. It will probably be significantly in advance of that. I'm not sure why they put the date at all -- maybe some funky requirement from legal that if they are putting the product up for sale they need an approximate delivery date.

e: according to Ion, that date was specified because it's "the last day of fall". Sounds like a thing driven by legal.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm just contemplating which of my characters I'm going to boost. I could pick one of my super low level ones that I just don't have time to play but want to, or the Hunter that's been stuck in BC for like 3 years now because I'm terrible at the class and I would kind of love to be done with it so I can farm a decent mog set.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    "expected release date on or before 12/20/14" lol what a joke. So much for skipping a patch to push it out faster and having teams working so far in advance for extra content. Hopefully they make good use of the term "before."
    I've seen a lot of people saying this is just to save their ass and are pushing for a lot sooner launch. Not sure how solid their source is though. I certainly hope that is the case. We do have like 3-4 months of testing minimally though. At least this expansion there is no class or new race balancing to worry about. I'm betting Aug/Sept personally. But it really depends on when closed beta starts, could be next week or next month.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

$70 for the DD version is extreme. Wasn't the Wrath physical LE $80 and come with a full sized artbook, CD soundtrack and a mousepad?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm probably gonna buy it for my main account at least. My alt account I will upgrade when the price goes down because I only have that account for fun anyway, so I won't need the expansion right away.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If you didn't already know, when you boost a character that is already level 60+ it is considered a veteran and gets professions boosted to 600 as well. Might help some people with decisions.

I'm probably going to boost a druid. I have everything 85+ with the exception of 3 80's, shaman druid hunter, that are on another server/faction. Boosting one of them saves me transfer costs. Plus this gives me a healer which my guild could use in the future.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Looks like we have Sept/Oct.

Not that bad, I feel sorry for anyone raiding though.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I wonder if it matters what your 60+ character's professions are at when you perform the boost.
    Otherwise, I have a paladin alt that I can switch to JC/Engineering since I never, ever want to level those professions from scratch ever again.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm honestly thinking my Hunter, she's got LW and that has been a painful profession to level through. Farming leather is just fucking awful and something I just don't have enough patience/time for.

What's the best spec for Hunter right now? I'm leveling her BM but it's been generally tough for me to level the class, especially since Outland is terrible lol. It gets better past 85, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I'm honestly thinking my Hunter, she's got LW and that has been a painful profession to level through. Farming leather is just fucking awful and something I just don't have enough patience/time for.

What's the best spec for Hunter right now? I'm leveling her BM but it's been generally tough for me to level the class, especially since Outland is terrible lol. It gets better past 85, right?
    I haven't touched my hunter since cata. But I've heard that all specs are pretty equal now. BM and SV being slightly ahead of mark last I heard. Panda land is okay once, going through it two or more times is painful for me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I've been playing Horde for like 3 years now, but I originally started off as Alliance. After several characters at 90 and various alts I am growing sick of all the races. Lately I have been really missing Alliance. The music, the zones and just the general atmosphere. But because I have been going so ham on leveling alts the thought of leveling another, even as Alliance leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Think I am going to boost up my lvl85 Druid, the character I raided in WOTLK > CATA with and boost her up to avoid the terrible MoP leveling process and boost her professions to 600 which will help me farm and make gil so I can establish an "Alliance server" to quench my Alliance urges.

The lack of gold on that server is what put me off leveling characters over there and low mount speeds would piss me off to no end, now that worry is gone I can get all nostalgic with the Alliance. This also gives me an opportunity to experience the Alliance side of WoD which is great cause the WoD Dalaran looks fucking incredible. I miss the color palettes of Alliance.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Are the 90 boosts getting any riding skills they haven't previously trained? I didn't see that anywhere and I kind of wonder.

Not that you really need 280 or 310, but it sure makes life a lot better when you have it.

You get all but 310, and you get the expansion-flying-licenses (Northrend / Azeroth / Pandarian) as well.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Beastmaster is the best spec for hunter leveling by far and even a solid spec for dungeons and raiding too believe it or not (just turn off your fucking taunt)

Im absolutely going to boost a druid, free flying and shit, best mining/herbing alt evar. But Ill power it to 60 real quick for free professions wheee

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    You get all but 310, and you get the expansion-flying-licenses (Northrend / Azeroth / Pandarian) as well.
    Nice. Well then start me off with 150g and I'm ready to go lol.

Still waiting to see updated Belf/Drainpipes before I decide if i'm going to stay horde or swap to alliance again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Trying to decide myself what to boost to 90, more than likely a druid as well for money makinz.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Nice. Well then start me off with 150g and I'm ready to go lol.
    You end up with a pretty decent amount of gold since you start on timeless Isle and the chests give a few hundred.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

We're going back to TBC this next expansion. Boost a Lock, Rogue, Resto Sham or BM hunter and make sure you have LW for Drums.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    You end up with a pretty decent amount of gold since you start on timeless Isle and the chests give a few hundred.
    I think that toon has like 300 already, but I can't remember. With 280 flying though I really won't need gold for much of anything except for transmog, and doing the raids to get the transmog gear will probably earn that anyway.

Basically my entire goal in this game is to get my toons dressed up all pretty, if the gear underneath the costume is a high ilevel that's just a bonus to me.