Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    So i hate crafting and just leveled my first profession, engineering, mainly for Synapse Springs.

Thanks Blizzard!

At least i'll be able to make some nice mounts i suppose.
    What I don't get is that they are removing profession combat bonuses, which is fine if they want people to not level proffessions purely for stats, But they contradict them selves with the racial combat bonuses. when really it should be the other way round since not only can you change your professions without rerolling but it doesn't really effect what you charecter looks like, not everyone wants to be a troll or an orc ffs.

Ridill
    BG Level

seems like mistweaver gonna be pretty stupid with that glyph

as to professions, the big problem was it required you to have another character if you wanted to do any gathering prof

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So unless they implement something that's still a secret, it looks like DK's lost 2 abilities that generate runic power. Am i seeing this right? I'll have to wait and see if it's balanced somewhere else otherwise that seems like a pretty significant nerf.

Ridill
    BG Level

numbers tuning goes in at the end, all the button bloat removal is based on the idea of replacing the buttons with damage you naturally do elsewhere

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This is why Inner Fire/Inner Will removal confuses me though - it's a self-buff that lasts as long as you are alive, you cast it again after you die then forget about it, not sure how much less button pushing I could honestly be doing lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

removing for the sake of removing

Chinch

Meh, some changes are questionable but overall I think this is going to be great for the game. I love how hit and expertise are being removed. Dumb magic number stats that make you able to hit the god damn monsters, that's all they were.

Anyways, I'm pumped for WoD. I didn't play much of MoP and am looking to get back into WoW for the long haul. I know this isn't a guild recruitment thread but are any guilds looking for a dedicated Rogue for WoD? I rerolled yesterday with full blown heirlooms and plan to get to 60, boost and spend the remainder of MoP getting back into the WoW routine and learning all the stuff I missed out on this past expansion. I have a lot of experience raiding Vanilla, BC and WotLK but ever since Cata and MoP I have been focusing my attention on university. Now that I'm graduated I can dedicate myself to a Sun-Thurs raiding schedule and even more if needed. We can always chat later or something.

Anyways! Just wanted to check in. This thread was an awesome read and it just makes me more stoked for this xpac.

Cheers

Ridill
    BG Level

no point to leveling before boosting since profs don't matter anymore

Chinch

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    no point to leveling before boosting since profs don't matter anymore
    Yea Profs getting kinda nerfed but getting 1-60 takes no time at all imo, especially with full heirlooms. I plan on going Alchemy/Herbalism because gathering profs are gonna be looking good in WoD and Alchemy is pretty much always useful.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah I just hate leveling way too much lol, I just blew a shitload of gold leveling engineering and was about halfway done with leveling tailoring via farming cloth on my boosted mage instead of leveling it to 60 first

I figure herb/alch will probably be the way to go if you want to make money, but it'll also be what evvvvvvvvvvvvverybody's doing. I doubt I'll even bother with any profs going forward unless there's mounts I want or some shit heh. Maybe enchanting just to de lol.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't change my professions when the expansions change. It's too much work and too much of a goldsink. I'm hoping to have all of my production professions maxed by the time WoD comes out and whichever one benefits me the most, I'll use that toon more. Never been a fan of fotm shit.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I believe she'd want a bunch of these anyway:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/tall...kinpurple.html
    Sorry, but a whole flock of pink birds is significantly superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi
    Lol, I don't raid. I like to solo old content and maybe do some of the world bosses sometimes, so I like to know what I'm doing, but that's as complex as it really gets for me. I will gear up just because I enjoy that aspect, but achievement hunting and old raid farming is my game.
    As you noted, if you're concerned with playing optimally with what you've got, it doesn't really matter if you're not doing modern raids—you're still going to do the same thing. Therefore, the usefulness of versatility applies. Whenever I play old content, I still play as I would in new content, unless the mobs are literally so weak that I'll kill them in one strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi
    I'm more inclined to PvP, if anything, and I've gotten my asshole ripped open by enough Hunters to know that they're in a good place right now. If you have any PvP pet suggestions, I'm all ears.
    I personally prefer ferocity pets, and I use a cat in particular, but if you like to be shifty, you can use crabs and spiders to stun/trap people.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

For now I've been hitting up Timeless Isle and grabbing Burdens when I can. I've found that for most low level content it's ridiculously faceroll even with a fresh 90, the only thing that really gives me any trouble is Onyxia, and that's only because of her adds.

On another note, are there any self-heals I'm missing on Hunter? I have the talent that heals me for 10% whenever I use Disengage and I'll use it on CD if I'm getting hit a lot but is there anything else I should be doing? I keep my pet (bear) on the bosses mostly and keep him mended, but on fights with a lot of adds where I'm getting hit too, I've found it gets really hairy sometimes. Maybe that's a gear thing too though.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    For now I've been hitting up Timeless Isle and grabbing Burdens when I can. I've found that for most low level content it's ridiculously faceroll even with a fresh 90, the only thing that really gives me any trouble is Onyxia, and that's only because of her adds.

On another note, are there any self-heals I'm missing on Hunter? I have the talent that heals me for 10% whenever I use Disengage and I'll use it on CD if I'm getting hit a lot but is there anything else I should be doing? I keep my pet (bear) on the bosses mostly and keep him mended, but on fights with a lot of adds where I'm getting hit too, I've found it gets really hairy sometimes. Maybe that's a gear thing too though.
    I don't personally worry much about self-healing, but I can't think of anything off-hand besides spirit beasts, and you can only use those as a BM. I usually stick to Concussive and Scatter Shots while constantly kiting, and I do have a movement enchantment on my gear. I also try to lay traps to snare/slow down mobs, and I normally do this while I'm running away from them, moving with the keyboard while laying traps with the mouse. I also have the Posthaste talent, so either in addition to or in place of the aforementioned shots, I'll use that with a mid-air rotation to ensure I'll get maximum distance between myself and my target. Also, Feign Death, obviously.

I don't know if any of that is actually useful to you, though.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It definitely is (and I realize this should be in the RQT but whatever), I'm so used to self-healing from playing Priest I guess, I have to just get used to to having other methods for survival.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

It's nice to see things moving now, it got a little quiet for a second.

I can't wait to not get into the beta

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

sucks to be you, lol. I AM WILL IN DAT BETA FO SHIZZLE

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    It definitely is (and I realize this should be in the RQT but whatever), I'm so used to self-healing from playing Priest I guess, I have to just get used to to having other methods for survival.
    You will, in time. Also, as Liden said, this forum and thread is rather slow, so don't worry about asking questions in it.

When things get going again, then we'll be more discriminating.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

MOOOOOOOOOOO

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

They look so good! I am 99% sure to purchase a new computer before WoD so that I can actually appreciate the graphics upgrade.