+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

It's been a year without content in WoW already?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I have zero doubt in my mind that if it ends up taking a year they will go back on their word and add content in the middle of it.

Also, lol at calling it scummy to charge. If you are out of content, and don't have anything to do, unsub until they release content. Holy fuck it's not that hard, and is what a lot of people do when it comes to WoW.

it's almost like they dont force you to play the game

"Just unsub!" isn't good for their business and isn't a healthy business model, and as it's been shown, they're literally bleeding subs and keep losing more since WOTLK.

It just goes to show people will defend ANYTHING, lol.

Anyways I was just curious if they were doing that no content until the expansion thing again, sorry to cause any problems.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I don't see how any of that makes them "scummy as fuck."

You weren't allowed to pull your over exaggerating bullshit in the 14 forums, don't think you are going to get to do that in the Blizz forums. Only warning.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    His brother? Isn't Sargeras of the Pantheon? Which brother are we talking about?
    Sargeras isn't actually a part of the Pantheon, he was their champion chosen to protect the worlds, who decided they had it wrong, good is pointless, and chaos is the only "order."

His brother is Aman'Thul, the head of the Pantheon, Sargeras was his closest advisor and assisted him in huge parts of creation. Aman'Thul is the titan that gave a fraction of his power to the bronze dragons, which gave them power over time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The story sounds awful. So Garrosh is going to "play the victim" after his "special friend" deems Garrosh to have outlived his usefulness and betray him. I have to be honest, sounds ripped right from the "Man of Steel" movie and Garrosh is General Zod'ish.

I wish Blizzard would hire a real writer, Metzen is awful, awful. Duck Dynasty has better writers than Blizzard, a multi-billion dollar company.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    "Just unsub!" isn't good for their business and isn't a healthy business model, and as it's been shown, they're literally bleeding subs and keep losing more since WOTLK.

It just goes to show people will defend ANYTHING, lol.

Anyways I was just curious if they were doing that no content until the expansion thing again, sorry to cause any problems.
    I don't understand your argument. Patch 5.4 is 2 months and a week old. There is no defending WoW when it waits 8+ months between content updates (as it was at the end of TBC) but it is premature to say it's a problem right here and now and render judgment. Unless you're a retard.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't drop before June putting it in the same boat.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't drop before June putting it in the same boat.
    Without a 5.5, I was expecting a May/June.

With a major patch, 10 months from announcement to release has happened before. Without a major patch, releasing within 10 months should be the probable time frame. It wouldn't be their first summer release either.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Without a 5.5, I was expecting a May/June.

With a major patch, 10 months from announcement to release has happened before. Without a major patch, releasing within 10 months should be the probable time frame. It wouldn't be their first summer release either.
    Except 10 months 0 patches is 100% unacceptable. Shiyo may exaggerate but she's right that if it were any other MMO it'd be dead before the third month and no news of a new patch.

Ridill
    BG Level

well they've already done 5.4.1 and there's a 5.4.2 coming soon, it's not like there's nothing at all, just no meaningful content patches

also, keep in mind most xpacs have their first big patch go live about a month before the actual expansion

I think they'd be very satisfied with an april 6.0 and may release date, which would also set them up fantastically for summer sales.

If we get to February or March and still haven't got any info on a date, then I'd expect to see a filler raid. Or maybe just an early release of something that gives stuff to do, like the level scaling for raids.

I wouldn't object at all to spending some time doing stuff like bwl or sunwell or whatever that i never got into much back when it was current, after this tier is done while waiting for next xpac.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Sixth Expansion Currently in Development
    Blizzard explains why, might add procedural content (think Everquest Next)
    Blizzard has discussed the possibility of adding procedural content to World of Warcraft as a supplement alongside handcrafted content, according to lead content designer Cory Stockton.

Speaking with RPS, Stockton said players tend to burn through the content the developer creates “so fast” that the team is currently designing multiple expansions.

“People just burn through our content so fast, if we could build enough content, we would,” he said. “Procedural content is totally something we’ve talked about. The conversation of procedural and how it’d work in WoW is totally a topic that we’ve talked about. I feel like that has to be the next step.

“I think a good way to look at it is as a supplement. There’s a lot of games that do many things very well, but I don’t think any game can touch our handcrafted content. Our dungeons and narrative, for example. I don’t think there’s remotely any comparison. So I don’t think we’d ever want to replace that and say, ‘Now we can have, like, 20 dungeons!’ But they’re all, like, random.

“Maybe the dungeon is random, maybe the boss is randomized with different [abilities] – how ever we could do that. But I think that’d be a cool supplement to the handcrafted stuff. Because I think that’s what sets us apart.”

Stockton said the team wants to deliver expansions to players faster and for the storylines to “meld,” but it’s “extremely difficult” to deliver an expansion every year.

“The team is making its biggest effort ever to do that. We’re growing. We have people working on tons of different things – more than one at a time,” he said.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/16/worl...ed-expansions/
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...e-warcraft-iv/

They've done 8-10 months between meaningful patches before. WotLK to Cata was 12 months with only Halion which had zero content outside of one terrible boss in one terrible raid zone. Cata to MoP was 11 months (Nov 29 '11 to Sep 24 '12).

I'm sure they are targeting May or June, but these dates often slip. There's also the question of timing with other Blizzard products--I'm sure they don't want to cannibalize their own releases by competing in the same window. If WoD is May/June, does that mean D3:RoS gets pushed to fall?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Blah lost my post, but I was basically saying how Blizzard might consider a mini hiatus of patches be OK as this time around there's significantly more things to do than back in the Dragon Soul era where it was 2 LFR lobbies, 3 new heroics and a mini quest chain I think?

At the same time, I wonder if there's any chance of them deploying the Flex Raid technology to older raids. Say AQ40, Molten Core or Onyxia, you set it to flex and the entire zone adjusts to the raid leader's level. Throw some of the straight forward bosses a bone and give them some additional abilities/mechanics and call it a day.

I can imagine some mechanics might render low party counts if the raid bosses are level 92-93 ... i.e. Vek'lor & Vek'nilash but maybe that can be the fun of it? Likewise, Flex@25 head count Onyxia might make it spawn significantly more adds or perhaps make it so Onyxia covers 40% of the raid arena in fire randomly and also shits eggs out to you on the floor which has to be burned down or a mini onyxias spawns.

Add a few achievements/vanity items, and viola! "Content"

To put things into a twist, perhaps they can on top add items that are no longer available or are incredibly rare, such as Burning Crusade crafted epics which I believe are incredibly hard (they're recipe only?) to find as random [vanity] drops from BC-flex-raid bosses.

EDIT: Was the conveted T3 set added back into the game? I don't remember but I still recall people fondly recalling memories of it. Perhaps force the Flex-Naxx to drop those instead from bosses. This forces people to actually expend some effort, on top of the raid lockout gate, to do old (but yet "somewhat fresh") content.

Ridill
    BG Level

I dunno if they're making it flex too, but they are making it so you can sync down to the level of old raids and do them. And they're affected by the squish, so lv 60 rags like 800k will be like 70k lol. It may actually be that the raids scale to our level instead, though.

here's some info from a while ago:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/28/lo...ogy-completed/

T3 is theoretically available on black market, 1 piece a day is up usually.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I am not a fan of the item squish. I know that it's all going to be proportional and it's not going to affect my ability to solo low level content (good thing, because that's one of the most fun things for me to do), but I just don't like the idea of it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I dunno if they're making it flex too, but they are making it so you can sync down to the level of old raids and do them. And they're affected by the squish, so lv 60 rags like 800k will be like 70k lol. It may actually be that the raids scale to our level instead, though.

here's some info from a while ago:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/28/lo...ogy-completed/

T3 is theoretically available on black market, 1 piece a day is up usually.
    Thanks, while I was aware of the tech being finished, I didn't catch the news they are lost for ideas for implementing rewards.

---

I have no issue with the squish but I can understand the other side of the arguement. I guess for as long as I know everything is squished then everything is the same as before, just different numbers. If there was to be a somewhat different proportion of squish which changes what I enjoy doing in any way at all then I'd be disgruntled.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For me personally, the squish isn't severe enough, 40-50k health is still a fuckton. 8-10k on a well-geared tank sounds like a good number to me, but then again I'm a fan of changes in general. A stagnant game is a boring game, yet everyone else seems deathly afraid of anything that changes anything. People bitching about the horror of having to "relearn" their class every time they adjust Moonfire damage by 4% perplexes me.

I don't see how Timeless isle is really considered good content and enough to tide people over until 6.0. The place is fucking terrible, both in engaging content design and reward structure. I'm definitely not looking forward to them carrying that reward structure forward. Honestly the last content patch of the expansion should have an emphasis on doing battlegrounds or something, at least that has a chance to be engaging beyond the 3 month point.