Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I am not a fan of the item squish. I know that it's all going to be proportional and it's not going to affect my ability to solo low level content (good thing, because that's one of the most fun things for me to do), but I just don't like the idea of it.
    I dont feel like there's another option for a game that's scaled this massively and existed this long. I know I don't want to see my abilities hitting for a flat 1 mil or even a 1,000,000. Its just too much.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm sure after a while I won't even notice it, but I sure do love the huge numbers when I crit.

Ridill
    BG Level

I still have a screenshot from vanilla when I did 4k dmg in 4 seconds on my pally (post reckoning nerfs) because that was amazing.

I really don't give a shit either way but it's definitely at the point where looking through death logs and shit was going to get utterly ridiculous in the next expansion without the squish.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

As long as I'm top of the meters I don't care what the exact numbers are. As long as I can still solo old shit bring on item squish.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah i don't care if I do 10k dps or 600k, it's just numbers, as long as they are more than everyone else's.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

See I will never compare my DPS to anyone but myself, so that's part of the issue I have with it, I guess. I don't raid and I really only group for world bosses so I don't really try to go out of my way to top the DPS meters.

Noticed on MMO-Champion the game is getting an in game store akin to TERA's?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Been coming for years. Silly that you have to open a separate application to buy pets and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Been coming for years. Silly that you have to open a separate application to buy pets and mounts.
    Are there plans to remove the subscription or are they figuring the shop wont cover all their costs? Id be curious to see how much they rake in with it compared to what they need to keep the game functioning and what is left over for profit. I feel like the cash shop alone, if they keep updating it with shit, would suffice 100% and they could drop the sub

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I don't see them dropping the sub because why say no to unlimited free money. Maybe when Titan comes out, but probably not even then.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I will never understand why so many people bitch about the sub fee anyway. It's really not that much money, for the practically unlimited access (weekly rolling restarts and like, one maintenance a month?) we get to have hours of entertainment, up to 50 characters at no extra charge. That's just something I see on the WoW forums a lot and I just don't get it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I am still pretty anti-f2p as is. Only one game ever seemed to do it right, Guildwars II (well and I assume Guildwars, but never played it because long necks are long).

I'd much rather pay a monthly and get access to everything (non-vanity) without having to think about it, then try and budget my money to be like, "this month I'll buy bags! Next month a job class!"

Considering GW is the only one that seems to stick to vanity stuff for profit, I assume while they make money, it's not as viable as the shitty p2win that other games do, so ya, I don't ever have high hopes when a game goes f2p.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

f2p is already in game, you can get to level 20 I think (?) and the only thing they'd need to change is expand the sandbox and loosen the restrictions on people who play for free.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

f2p is already in game, you can get to level 20 I think (?) and the only thing they'd need to change is expand the sandbox and loosen the restrictions on people who play for free.
    You know that's not what I meant.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'm just illustrating the model WoW is likely to take when a fuller embrace of f2p happens.
    The only reason WoW isn't f2p right now is because it's the only game millions of people are willing to pay a subscription to play. Every other MMO out there can't sustain even a million without the f2p model because nobody's really willing to pay more than one subscription for an MMO and WoW is an established, safe player in the market. Once Titan is positioned to be 'that' MMO, WoW can embrace a model that doesn't leave existing players cold. Make the game f2p, but maintain special benefits for those who were subscribers. People who join for free get restricted access to the game (e.g. no realID, no AH, no cheevos) but can otherwise play the whole game without paying for it. It doesn't have to become a 'pay to win' model. Team Fortress 2 made the transition and the community's healthy. Every MMO is about your Barbie dolls. Folks are very happy to pay to make their Barbies the prettiest at the party.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm just illustrating the model WoW is likely to take when a fuller embrace of f2p happens.
    The only reason WoW isn't f2p right now is because it's the only game millions of people are willing to pay a subscription to play. Every other MMO out there can't sustain even a million without the f2p model because nobody's really willing to pay more than one subscription for an MMO and WoW is an established, safe player in the market. Once Titan is positioned to be 'that' MMO, WoW can embrace a model that doesn't leave existing players cold. Make the game f2p, but maintain special benefits for those who were subscribers. People who join for free get restricted access to the game (e.g. no realID, no AH, no cheevos) but can otherwise play the whole game without paying for it. It doesn't have to become a 'pay to win' model. Team Fortress 2 made the transition and the community's healthy. Every MMO is about your Barbie dolls. Folks are very happy to pay to make their Barbies the prettiest at the party.
    Everything we've seen on titan doesn't equate to it being "that" mmo. It looks to be filling an entirely different niche in the market.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Everything we've seen on titan doesn't equate to it being "that" mmo. It looks to be filling an entirely different niche in the market.
    It would be profoundly unwise of Blizzard to charge a sub fee for two MMOs simultaneously.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It would be profoundly unwise of Blizzard to charge a sub fee for two MMOs simultaneously.
    That's not exactly unheard of. (EQ/EQ2 + FFXI/FFXIV)

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Why would it be unwise? Blizzard has proven themselves to be pretty strong in the MMO market and you know damn well that people will pay it. Some people will bitch, but most will gladly pay it. I personally don't have time in my life for two MMOs, but back when I did, I was more than happy to pay for two FFXI accounts and my WoW account. I think that if Titan turns out to be something that will carry the mass appeal of WoW and WoW continues to keep a substantial amount of subs, why not charge for both? I can't see them turning WoW to the F2P model when it's still practically printing them money.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    That's not exactly unheard of. (EQ/EQ2 + FFXI/FFXIV)
    Actiblizzard won't settle for the active userbase that FFXI + FFXIV currently sit at.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast