+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Also does anyone have any tips on doing 25man Flame Leviathan? Tried doing it at 90 (astylla was 80) and only got him down to about 70% before my siege engine was dead and Astylla being a low ILvl 80 got squished. It's my only cock block to doing alone in the dark for a shot at Mimiron's Head at this point.
    Flame Leviathan is ridiculously easy if you know the fight. Use a Demolisher, press 2 to throw pyrite, wait 5 seconds while driving away, throw pyrite. Repeat 10 times and win.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Demolisher also scales with your stats. I tried soloing 25m as a fresh 90 and got destroyed. Did it yesterday with better gear and the new buff system and didn't even take damage.

Ridill
    BG Level

any competent people want in alt mythic raid? starting now, will prob get it full cleared tonight

nevermind full sorreh

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    any competent people want in alt mythic raid? starting now, will prob get it full cleared tonight

nevermind full sorreh
    Bugger, i didn't see this sooner. DK sitting at 573 and haven't done any Mythic yet.

Ridill
    BG Level

finished a bit ago heh, I'm guessing we'll have another one some night this week but dunno which

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'd do it if you don't mind explaining fights ... then again if you're gonna be explaining shit I should probably just LFR.

Honestly considering paying for a carry for the heirloom. I've seen it as low as 7k and that's really not that bad.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Honestly considering paying for a carry for the heirloom. I've seen it as low as 7k and that's really not that bad.
    What? That's nonsense. With the new group finder, who gives a shit? Don't pay for that. Everyone and their mother is doing it right now. Even if you wind up in a group full of scrubs, the fight is so simplified that there's no reason to waste a bit of gold on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    What? That's nonsense. With the new group finder, who gives a shit? Don't pay for that. Everyone and their mother is doing it right now. Even if you wind up in a group full of scrubs, the fight is so simplified that there's no reason to waste a bit of gold on it.
    ^

I did a heroic kill 3 days ago for my axe with a mostly pug group on a fucking RP server and downed him like nothing.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The thing is, I have zero achieves so even if I get in a group I'm guaranteed to be kicked if anything happens. At least if I'm getting carried I don't have to worry about screwing up. I don't like to queue for PvE content because I don't want to invite that sort of scrutiny on myself. I haven't even done LFR and I've never raided current content.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

The thing is, I have zero achieves so even if I get in a group I'm guaranteed to be kicked if anything happens. At least if I'm getting carried I don't have to worry about screwing up. I don't like to queue for PvE content because I don't want to invite that sort of scrutiny on myself. I haven't even done LFR and I've never raided current content.
    Honestly PvE content in these cases as it's been said is dumbed down overall. Seriously my husband has been doing raid finder on his newly rolled character and he didn't know anything about any fights.. He finished them all so far without being kicked or blamed. It's not like a guild where people scrutinize every person constantly.

You sound like your own worst enemy here and part of the fun in raiding is learning anyway. You can always watch videos and read the strategy to understand the fights but just giving in to paying seems pretty silly to me right off the bat. Doesn't hurt to at least try first.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

New Heroic is only about 1.5 times harder than old Flex. Trash dies in seconds and if you have more than 5 people doing more than 11k dps to the boss it WILL eventually die. Healers don't run out of mana and tanks don't die unless they're extremely stupid.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    New Heroic is only about 1.5 times harder than old Flex. Trash dies in seconds and if you have more than 5 people doing more than 11k dps to the boss it WILL eventually die. Healers don't run out of mana and tanks don't die unless they're extremely stupid.
    Yeah, it's basically in raid "catch-up" mode. This is not the difficulty to expect in Herormal in the next tier.

Ridill
    BG Level

mathematically mythic in 580ish is easier than flex was in heroic gear pre-upgrades (i.e. sub 566)

that said you can buy heroic for the guaranteed loom dirt cheap, and people are still paying solid amounts for mythic carries

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Don't be a pussy

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Yeah, it's basically in raid "catch-up" mode. This is not the difficulty to expect in Herormal in the next tier.
    The raids in the beta are easy as well once you know what's gonna be happening with mechanics

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    The raids in the beta are easy as well once you know what's gonna be happening with mechanics
    not like this

mythic bosses right now die in fractions of the time lfr bosses die in WoD

Our main raid's siegecrafter was 43 seconds this week, and we didn't do the 0 healer strat (which is ez, we just didn't have healers with dps specs or enough extra dps to fill in for them), and we sent 2 people on first belt.

Could easily have zero healed it and not sent anyone on belt (could have done that without 0 healing even) and killed it in under 35 seconds.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'd still love to get a mythic kill under my belt for WoD, 560 is usually what the GF groups are looking for and I just hit that

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Im still 551 on my best char but i havent done heroic this week. Is it difficult( Time consuming more like it) to farm up 50 seals to upgrade items and buy warforged seals now? How is the drop rate. Cause honestly timeless is a great idea, but its a fucking time sink.

people are putting together parties to slaughter the frogs for charms. frog drop rate is damn near 100% as far as i know

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Frogs were always crowded as fuck, even before this change. At least on KJ.