+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Garrosh likes to spit the same shit at me over and over.

I have: 1 "heroic" 2h axe, 2 mythic 2h axe, 2 mythic 1h str sword, and 1 heroic + 1 mythic staff. Oh and I think I have a heroic bow somewhere.

Fucker gave me the dps sword when I got my 100% drop with loot spec set to prot on war.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Speaking of gearing up: I had no idea you could repeat the Warforged Seal quest over and over until i saw someone talking about it in a raid on Tuesday.

My Enhancement Shaman started the weak at 530 and is now 567. Trying to get a second heroic agility axe is proving to be a pain though.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Is the Garrosh weapon the only BoA that will go to 100?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Is the Garrosh weapon the only BoA that will go to 100?
    as of now yes, i full expect the old BoAs to have 90 scaling implemented on WoD launch with the new Hierloom vendors

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

cant you do that now? trade in the old boa for their new improved version that scale to 90

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

No you cannot. the upgraded version only scales from 80 to 85

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I really don't understand why heirlooms only go up to the previous expansion's level. The character I'm most concerned with leveling quickly is my main, not my alts. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

The new garrosh heirlooms scale with you to 100. so they will be BIS until you hit 100 and have heroic/mythic stuff

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I really don't understand why heirlooms only go up to the previous expansion's level. The character I'm most concerned with leveling quickly is my main, not my alts. lol
    They probably want you to consider using the items that drop from dungeons and rewarded from quests instead of vendoring/disenchanting it all in favor of your heirlooms.

i believe heirlooms only go to 620, and gear from heroic dungeons are 630. question, has it been decided if the legendary cloak is still going to be BiS until you get raid gear? i have no clue if the extra 20 or so stats will compensate for the proc for a lot of jobs. i want to say it will? but i have no idea

Ridill
    BG Level

The same reason they don't allow flying while you level until well into an expansion.

They're super obsessed with making people experience the leveling content.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    The same reason they don't allow flying while you level until well into an expansion.

They're super obsessed with making people experience the leveling content.
    Which begs the question, why put in a 100 heirloom at all? Can't wait for the 100 x realm first achievement lamenting: 100 Heirloom or GTFO?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I think they were doing away with Realm First achievements.

I'm also not a big fan of the fact that flying isn't making a return until 6.1 at the very earliest, and many of the devs on Twitter are saying that it may not return at all.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I think Blizz overdid it with Heirloom gear and now everybody just kind of expects to be clad in a full suit of it for EZ-mode gaming until they're at max level. Takes a lot out of the game when the only thing anybody does 1-80 dungeons anymore is the exp and nobody does 85-90 dungeons at all because of how Heirlooms have wrecked the power curve. You have an entire population of gamers who don't use CC, AOE inappropriately and otherwise assume that because the game was a faceroll from 1-85 post-Cataclysm that it should stay that way right up until Mythic raiding. I'm all for the accessibility changes made in Wrath but the proliferation of heirlooms on nearly every single equippable slot has raised a generation of WoWers who don't understand the consequences of failure and make no effort to improve their play. Not that the only reason to have heirloom should be the exp boost and the relative power level vs. equivalent blues, but Blizz missed a huge opportunity to make more heirlooms that weren't about twinking out alts. Imagine an heirloom riding crop. The failure of heirlooms to be anything other than powerful toys for lowbies is a failure of imagination on Blizzard's part.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm fine with heirloom gear and flying mounts for old content people have done a million times. Neither should have any place in new content though.

If you don't want your MMO turning into a lobby game where everyone sits in town and queues for everything, then you shouldn't be asking for aspects that encourage it. I'm speaking for myself here but i personally don't want that and hope no one else does either. More emphasis should be placed on exploration and getting people out and about. Flying mounts, while i love them, completely ruins that. Trivializing new content is not fun.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I'm fine with heirloom gear and flying mounts for old content people have done a million times. Neither should have any place in new content though.

If you don't want your MMO turning into a lobby game where everyone sits in town and queues for everything, then you shouldn't be asking for aspects that encourage it. I'm speaking for myself here but i personally don't want that and hope no one else does either. More emphasis should be placed on exploration and getting people out and about. Flying mounts, while i love them, completely ruins that. Trivializing new content is not fun.
    The problem is that the content is utterly and completely trivial to begin with.

People should have learned by now that if you want people to take their time and enjoy content, you make it engaging, enjoyable, and rewarding. You don't continue to make it the same retarded fetch trash we've been doing for years and then just force them to approach it in the slowest ways possible.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I have absolutely zero problem with being unable to fly until max level.

What I do have a problem with, is forcing ground mounts at cap. Because there's nothing I love more than running through a zone, getting dazed off my mount by some gray level 91 mob when I'm level 100, and having to kill 17 fucking shitty worthless mobs with no discernible benefit to myself in order to get where the hell I'm going. That's not fun, that's not immersive, that's a pain in the ass. I love to explore and get out into the world and I'll fly somewhere long before I'll take one of their stupid flight points, because I want the option to mount or dismount at will if I see something that interests me.

I don't like being forced to the ground so that when I need to get somewhere, it takes me more than three times as long. And I say "more than," because yes, 100% is less than 1/3 of 310% (obviously) but there's also the issue of things I have to run around, small ledges I can't scale even with jumping (I hated this in FFXI and I will hate it in WoW), having to stop to fight things I didn't want to, inability to escape someone who wants to ruin my day by camping my corpse (and yes I enjoy world PvP but when I want to get somewhere I just want to fucking get there) and generally. if I take several times as long to get anywhere by all of the obstacles that are found on the ground, then I won't be able to log on in my limited time and accomplish anything.

If they want the game to stop being a lobby game, then they need to give people a reason to go out into the world. If they think I'm going to deal with all that bullshit just to go out into their world on a fucking ground mount, then they're out of their goddamn mind. None of that sounds even remotely amusing to me. Draenor is a big continent. I'm not planning to ride around at 100% from one end of the fucking expansion to the other. That will take me a goddamn century. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

I have absolutely zero problem with being unable to fly until max level.

What I do have a problem with, is forcing ground mounts at cap. Because there's nothing I love more than running through a zone, getting dazed off my mount by some gray level 91 mob when I'm level 100, and having to kill 17 fucking shitty worthless mobs with no discernible benefit to myself in order to get where the hell I'm going. That's not fun, that's not immersive, that's a pain in the ass. I love to explore and get out into the world and I'll fly somewhere long before I'll take one of their stupid flight points, because I want the option to mount or dismount at will if I see something that interests me.

I don't like being forced to the ground so that when I need to get somewhere, it takes me more than three times as long. And I say "more than," because yes, 100% is less than 1/3 of 310% (obviously) but there's also the issue of things I have to run around, small ledges I can't scale even with jumping (I hated this in FFXI and I will hate it in WoW), having to stop to fight things I didn't want to, inability to escape someone who wants to ruin my day by camping my corpse (and yes I enjoy world PvP but when I want to get somewhere I just want to fucking get there) and generally. if I take several times as long to get anywhere by all of the obstacles that are found on the ground, then I won't be able to log on in my limited time and accomplish anything.

If they want the game to stop being a lobby game, then they need to give people a reason to go out into the world. If they think I'm going to deal with all that bullshit just to go out into their world on a fucking ground mount, then they're out of their goddamn mind. None of that sounds even remotely amusing to me. Draenor is a big continent. I'm not planning to ride around at 100% from one end of the fucking expansion to the other. That will take me a goddamn century. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
    They did say they were planning speed buffs for normal ground mounts, maybe up to 150 or 200% But god damn if that shit costs another 4k gold they can go suck a dick.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Speed buffs aren't going to fix the other issues though, mainly - "Oh here's a wall, let me fly over it." versus "Oh here's a wall, let me run alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the fucking way around it."

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    They did say they were planning speed buffs for normal ground mounts, maybe up to 150 or 200% But god damn if that shit costs another 4k gold they can go suck a dick.
    I wish 4k was a lot rn. I'd have all the gold mounts