Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It just seems to me they are taking the easy way out with regards to flying, i mean they could bring back turrets to shoot at us around quest targets, magic bubbles that significantly slow a flying mount down, bring back the riders that chase us down and if you don't want to do/doesn't make sense to use them you could give flyers a debuff where they need to kill x amount of things before you can interact with an object/big boss is able to be pewpew'd/can mount flyer again.

I mean thats a 5 minute brainstorm in how they could balance out flying major conveniance with skipping over everything(Honestly i don't have a problem with flying at all so that doesn't bother me) and that shit actually makes lolore sense aswell as opposed to 'lolcan'tflyforreasons'. But i also think that if they didn't have the team enlargment issues and the problems/major intigration of garrisons they probably would of done something like that but with time restraints they just said fuck it, no flying til we say.

Ridill
    BG Level

In reality forcing us to the ground makes it more of a lobby game, cuz fuck running around the continent on the ground.

also

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I think Blizz overdid it with Heirloom gear and now everybody just kind of expects to be clad in a full suit of it for EZ-mode gaming until they're at max level. Takes a lot out of the game when the only thing anybody does 1-80 dungeons anymore is the exp and nobody does 85-90 dungeons at all because of how Heirlooms have wrecked the power curve. You have an entire population of gamers who don't use CC, AOE inappropriately and otherwise assume that because the game was a faceroll from 1-85 post-Cataclysm that it should stay that way right up until Mythic raiding. I'm all for the accessibility changes made in Wrath but the proliferation of heirlooms on nearly every single equippable slot has raised a generation of WoWers who don't understand the consequences of failure and make no effort to improve their play. Not that the only reason to have heirloom should be the exp boost and the relative power level vs. equivalent blues, but Blizz missed a huge opportunity to make more heirlooms that weren't about twinking out alts. Imagine an heirloom riding crop. The failure of heirlooms to be anything other than powerful toys for lowbies is a failure of imagination on Blizzard's part.
    I could not agree more. I started wow at launch and frankly I miss those days because you had to actually learn shit and understand ow encounters work - even a single pull could mean a corpse run without proper thought. What the fuck is the point of a game is all you want to do is lawl through it ? Heirlooms have their place but not how they have them now..it's just stupid and that falls on Blizzard for sure. I don't mind old content being solo-able - I love running the old/re-tuned raids myself on my max level characters because for me they bring back memories of when I did it at level - and for others it's a way for them to experience what they never could. However to much of this like leveling from 1-70 especially is a joke now to the point where people have no fucking clue what their class can even do. It's miserable..

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I'm fine with heirloom gear and flying mounts for old content people have done a million times. Neither should have any place in new content though.

If you don't want your MMO turning into a lobby game where everyone sits in town and queues for everything, then you shouldn't be asking for aspects that encourage it. I'm speaking for myself here but i personally don't want that and hope no one else does either. More emphasis should be placed on exploration and getting people out and about. Flying mounts, while i love them, completely ruins that. Trivializing new content is not fun.
    Again..agree with much of this. My personal favorite part of leveling and this goes for all expansions is learning the areas and exploring. I don't understand why everything should be easily accessible - whether at starting level or max. The trouble is now that people are so used to be carried or not having to even understand the mechanics of their class or actions that people just die once and blame the healer or tank then quit - this can be seen in raids , PvP battlegrounds , PvE , dungeons , etc.
    It doesn't even only happen now..I recall having to teach a fellow guilded druid what battle rez was and how to spend talent points..I fucking shit you not. Granted it's much more streamlined now but at the same time has taken so much out of the game in some ways. Now if people can't find an easy way to do it they just pay to have it done..I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I have absolutely zero problem with being unable to fly until max level.

What I do have a problem with, is forcing ground mounts at cap. Because there's nothing I love more than running through a zone, getting dazed off my mount by some gray level 91 mob when I'm level 100, and having to kill 17 fucking shitty worthless mobs with no discernible benefit to myself in order to get where the hell I'm going. That's not fun, that's not immersive, that's a pain in the ass. I love to explore and get out into the world and I'll fly somewhere long before I'll take one of their stupid flight points, because I want the option to mount or dismount at will if I see something that interests me.

I don't like being forced to the ground so that when I need to get somewhere, it takes me more than three times as long. And I say "more than," because yes, 100% is less than 1/3 of 310% (obviously) but there's also the issue of things I have to run around, small ledges I can't scale even with jumping (I hated this in FFXI and I will hate it in WoW), having to stop to fight things I didn't want to, inability to escape someone who wants to ruin my day by camping my corpse (and yes I enjoy world PvP but when I want to get somewhere I just want to fucking get there) and generally. if I take several times as long to get anywhere by all of the obstacles that are found on the ground, then I won't be able to log on in my limited time and accomplish anything.

If they want the game to stop being a lobby game, then they need to give people a reason to go out into the world. If they think I'm going to deal with all that bullshit just to go out into their world on a fucking ground mount, then they're out of their goddamn mind. None of that sounds even remotely amusing to me. Draenor is a big continent. I'm not planning to ride around at 100% from one end of the fucking expansion to the other. That will take me a goddamn century. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
    I think we are gamers and in this case WoW players are extremely fucking spoiled. I started MMO's with EQ when mounts weren't even available where it took sometimes 2 boats and running across several dangerous zones just to get shit done..and let's not discuss no graveyards /portals , etc LOL. Some of these were later added yes but it was very cost prohibitive and made you really work for it. That is an extreme example obviously but the point stands. So many times I am in Orgrimmar , Dalaran etc where people are begging for ports when in all the time they were shouting taking a zeppelin could have started their journey..it's ridiculous. I love flying mounts , please don't misunderstand but myself included because of them depending on how I leveled in an area I may have no fucking clue where a simple horde area is. I should know because if I am traveling I should be exploring too. I think it would do us all some good to have one area outside of Isle of Queldanas where flying mounts aren't available.

I just don't see the issue of it. So you run into a wall..okay..you take an extra maybe 5-10 minutes tio find a new route , I mean it's really insane to me that it should be that big of a deal. I understand people don't like change and get used to how things are but after so long something has got to give. I always say if a time comes you stop enjoying something ( this applies to anything in life) you should probably stop and find something that works better for you.

There are so many unknowns right now it will be interesting to see what takes place , what turns out to be rumors and how above all the players handle it.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    In reality forcing us to the ground makes it more of a lobby game, cuz fuck running around the continent on the ground.

also

choked on my dinner from that video, lol

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I'm fine with having to do things "the slow way" the first time, but in a game where you're almost encouraged to have multiple max level characters, there should be some shortcuts when doing something for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time. There's no extra content or exploration from having to travel by ground between quest hubs after you've done it once.

I think WotLK had it right where once you got to 80 the first time, you could buy BoA Cold Weather Flying for your alts.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I agree, it's not that bad really but I find it frustrating having to learn flight paths on alts. I get it's for the whole world immersion thing, but like you said. Once you've done it on one character...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    I'm fine with having to do things "the slow way" the first time, but in a game where you're almost encouraged to have multiple max level characters, there should be some shortcuts when doing something for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time. There's no extra content or exploration from having to travel by ground between quest hubs after you've done it once.

I think WotLK had it right where once you got to 80 the first time, you could buy BoA Cold Weather Flying for your alts.
    I like catchup mechanics too, I just think they went back to the 'well let's just make more +exp% earned heirlooms' well a few too many times. Stuff like rep commendations to unlock recipes are more valuable to my alts than getting to max level in a hurry.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I just don't see the issue of it. So you run into a wall..okay..you take an extra maybe 5-10 minutes tio find a new route , I mean it's really insane to me that it should be that big of a deal. I understand people don't like change and get used to how things are but after so long something has got to give. I always say if a time comes you stop enjoying something ( this applies to anything in life) you should probably stop and find something that works better for you.
    Here's the thing:

I'm a raider.

That's why I play WoW, that's what I'm doing when I'm playing WoW.

Long ago I was a PvP'er, that was why I played WoW, and that's what I did when I played WoW.

When I stopped enjoying PvP, I quit wow, even when we were on the verge of doing actual "pro" play going to tournaments and shit, because it just wasn't fun.

Later I started playing again, and went with raiding.

All along, I've done what questing I had to, and that's it. I don't enjoy that part of the game, I don't want to partake in that part of the game.

So why should they force it on me?

It's downright insulting, and if they want me to get out into the world, the worst possible thing they could do is make it more painful. If they want to make it enjoyable, I'll be happy to. But no, they just want to shovel their shit down my throat. Fuck that.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

im agreeing with a plow post

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I actually agree with Plow here.

Yeah, it may take only 5-10 minutes to get around this wall. Then there's a mountain I can't get around. 5-10 more minutes. Then there's a buttload of mobs that are going to daze me off my mount. 5-10 more minutes. Then I'm going to run into some faggot who thinks it's hilarious to camp my corpse even though I'm clearly not interested in engaging in WPvP. 5-30 minutes, or possibly just 10 minutes of rez sickness if it gets annoying enough. I only have two hours to play and I want to get these dailies in "X Hub" done for the day. Half of my fucking playtime was spent traveling there. Awesome.

I quit FFXI for numerous reasons, but the main one being that you couldn't just log on for 3 hours and really accomplish anything. That's what I like about WoW. I can log in, fly to where I want to go, do my dailies, run a dungeon or two, do a BG, farm up and craft some stuff and plop it on the AH. These are all things I can do in less than an hour. Typically, I fly where I want to go because it's a straight line, A to B. I'm not the type of person who goes out of their way to skip everything - if I see something I want to play with (maybe a rare or a battle pet or a node or whatever) I can just swoop down and grab it, kill a few mobs if I have to, and go along my way. It's not a terrible inconvenience. But having to go the long way around walls or mountains is terrible and un-fun. I keep thinking back to leveling my Priest through Dread Wastes. I was able to jump down over the ledge and kill the quest mobs, but then I had to ride a stupidly long distance to get back up this fucking hill when the ? to turn in the quest was literally right fucking there. It was an unnecessary and obvious slowdown to something that was already grindy enough.

I just don't see what slowing people down at cap is going to accomplish. Sure, ground me while leveling. I'm fine with that. It's kind of tedious and lore-wise it makes no sense why my mounts forget how to fly in a new land, but whatever. I can accept that. But there is literally no reason why I should be grounded at cap. I don't enjoy zones where I'm forced onto the ground. Timeless Isle was all right, and only because it's a small space. That's literally the only reason it was okay. Because you also had to deal with coin-griefers and elite mobs that would eat your newly leveled alt's face for breakfast. That wasn't particularly enjoyable. If they want their game to be fun and immersive, this isn't the way to do it.

Ridill
    BG Level

I actually agree with Plow here.

Yeah, it may take only 5-10 minutes to get around this wall. Then there's a mountain I can't get around. 5-10 more minutes. Then there's a buttload of mobs that are going to daze me off my mount. 5-10 more minutes. Then I'm going to run into some faggot who thinks it's hilarious to camp my corpse even though I'm clearly not interested in engaging in WPvP. 5-30 minutes, or possibly just 10 minutes of rez sickness if it gets annoying enough. I only have two hours to play and I want to get these dailies in "X Hub" done for the day. Half of my fucking playtime was spent traveling there. Awesome.

I quit FFXI for numerous reasons, but the main one being that you couldn't just log on for 3 hours and really accomplish anything. That's what I like about WoW. I can log in, fly to where I want to go, do my dailies, run a dungeon or two, do a BG, farm up and craft some stuff and plop it on the AH. These are all things I can do in less than an hour. Typically, I fly where I want to go because it's a straight line, A to B. I'm not the type of person who goes out of their way to skip everything - if I see something I want to play with (maybe a rare or a battle pet or a node or whatever) I can just swoop down and grab it, kill a few mobs if I have to, and go along my way. It's not a terrible inconvenience. But having to go the long way around walls or mountains is terrible and un-fun. I keep thinking back to leveling my Priest through Dread Wastes. I was able to jump down over the ledge and kill the quest mobs, but then I had to ride a stupidly long distance to get back up this fucking hill when the ? to turn in the quest was literally right fucking there. It was an unnecessary and obvious slowdown to something that was already grindy enough.

I just don't see what slowing people down at cap is going to accomplish. Sure, ground me while leveling. I'm fine with that. It's kind of tedious and lore-wise it makes no sense why my mounts forget how to fly in a new land, but whatever. I can accept that. But there is literally no reason why I should be grounded at cap. I don't enjoy zones where I'm forced onto the ground. Timeless Isle was all right, and only because it's a small space. That's literally the only reason it was okay. Because you also had to deal with coin-griefers and elite mobs that would eat your newly leveled alt's face for breakfast. That wasn't particularly enjoyable. If they want their game to be fun and immersive, this isn't the way to do it.

The best part is when they put quest givers that gate the rest of the zone right on the edge of a cliff so that you have to repeatedly go back to them while some fuckhead with a knockback is just sitting there wasting everybody's time in 5+ minute chunks whenever they come near it.

Ridill
    BG Level

or god, I bet i still have some screenshots somewhere of what the caves in vashj looked like to an alliance on blackrock... literally can't see the ground through all the red

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Holy priest video makes me laugh at how fucking stupidly easy their healing is compared to mistweaver.

At least you cant have faggots who are flagged running around you, and you AoE on accident or to kill mobs, and hit them, and bam your flagged. They fixed that shit.

How is pvp flagging going to work in the world pvp zone in warlords? Are you auto flagged?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't like the new PvP flagging thing, for one simple reason:

If I'm not PvP flagged because I was in town for more than 5 minutes, I can't just cast on that person and auto-flag myself. Which is great if you're on a PvE server, but I'm not. So now I have to manually /pvp just to SW: P some guy lol. Also found out I can't even cast on people of my own faction if they're flagged and I'm not, or vice versa.

Probably makes the PvEers happy. They should have left it alone for PvP servers though.

To answer your question though, I'd imagine so, though I don't play on a PvE server. If you're on a PvE server it's probably the same as any contested zone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Wait wait, there is no auto gank in pvp zones on pvp servers? your not auto flagged? Thats.... interesting

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

No, not what I meant.

I mean if I'm in Undercity or Tirisfal glades, after my countdown is done, I have to manually flag for PvP. If I get to Eastern Plaguelands or Blasted Lands or Pandaria, I'm flagged.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ashran is all pvp flagged all the time.

I don't like the new PvP flagging thing, for one simple reason:

If I'm not PvP flagged because I was in town for more than 5 minutes, I can't just cast on that person and auto-flag myself. Which is great if you're on a PvE server, but I'm not. So now I have to manually /pvp just to SW: P some guy lol. Also found out I can't even cast on people of my own faction if they're flagged and I'm not, or vice versa.

Probably makes the PvEers happy. They should have left it alone for PvP servers though.

To answer your question though, I'd imagine so, though I don't play on a PvE server. If you're on a PvE server it's probably the same as any contested zone.
    It's because pve server players are now not flagged when they end up on a pvp server, I think.

It's really fucking shitty standing there watching an unflagged player winding up a chaos bolt or pyroblast on you.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    oh ffs sake he can just stick it in a nsfw tag and call it a day ,get your panties out of a wad
    Meh, I dont know. That is hella-insta-fired shit for me, so I don't know if people getting upset is really that abnormal. I already have to view BG without avatars and sigs. :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Ashran is all pvp flagged all the time.

It's because pve server players are now not flagged when they end up on a pvp server, I think.

It's really fucking shitty standing there watching an unflagged player winding up a chaos bolt or pyroblast on you.
    People can start casting on you, and then flag and not get interrupted? Thats pretty bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    People can start casting on you, and then flag and not get interrupted? Thats pretty bullshit.
    They can't anymore, that's what the change is about. Used to just be able to start casting on flagged players while you were unflagged, and you wouldn't become flagged until it hits.