+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
    Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I don't mind the Garrison but I've taken all of my alts through the portal at this point and so when I log in to do my weekly mount farms, I feel like I have to take care of all of my Garrison chores first. All crafting cooldowns, the mines/fishing shack/herb garden if I have them, missions and follower upgrades. Whereas before, I would just log in at Shrine, take the portal, beat the raid boss' face in, and call it a day. So it makes me not really want to log into my alts at all, but if I miss a run through TK on even one of my alts a week I feel like I'm shorting myself because of how badly I want Ashes. (And of course, I've gotten quite a few of the other mounts that I cared less about but was still farming.)
    Yeah, the part about garrisons feeling like a chore is what I was referring to. I know the numbers probably don't back me up on this, but anytime I play a game that has content gated through dailies, I feel like I get bored more quickly than if I can play in less frequent but larger chunks of time. I'll go back to D3 periodically because I know I can play as much as I want until my desire is satisfied. I'm not limited to only being able to get 5 legendary drops per day in D3 and having nothing to do after I finish my dailies. Allowing more garrison stuff to "queue" for up to a week's worth of content, and perhaps allowing certain things to be automated after you've done them enough times would go a long way to taking the tedium out of garrisons. The feeling of "Okay, just 6 more days of dailies and I'll have enough tokens to craft something" just isn't exciting or interesting to a player.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Dragonblight

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    hope you have a true mountain, gold prices right now are like .3/1k lol
    'bout 3 mil. WOD has been extremely lucrative. Almost too easy.

It's only worth about $400 but i'd take that over nothing

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

So is this game pretty much dead? I'm just wondering because I was thinking of playing a fresh character for the hell of it. I've never played WoW personally, but I was considering giving it a shot...

i personally enjoyed the expansion quite a bit, just didnt really want to raid. leveling is easy and quick and raids are pretty accessible (or were before i quit like 7-8 months ago)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    So is this game pretty much dead? I'm just wondering because I was thinking of playing a fresh character for the hell of it. I've never played WoW personally, but I was considering giving it a shot...
    It's not dead, nor is it close to being dead. It's just fairly stale for those who have played past expansions. It's also been a very short expansion, which hasn't helped.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    If you never played wow, give it a shot. Most of the complaints are from those who have played for years and want something fresh. They are valid complaints, just wouldn't apply to new players.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I want to go back to when it was new and fresh lol, those were the days.

I mean I enjoy it now but there's something about exploring an entirely new MMO that is so great.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Next thing you know, Blizzard will start up time locked progression servers like Everquest.

A few months back, Daybreak Games (formerly Sony Online Entertainment) pretty much made 2 servers that are vanilla with no expansions. Races and classes are locked on a per-expansion basis until they are unlocked. Been tempted to jump into that because I loved EQ and the first 4ish expansions. Where traveling across the seas/oceans required 7-10 min boat rides across zones, and wizards and druids were the fast way to get across the globe.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Blizzard has said a bunch of times that they will not do that. So many people post threads asking about it on the forums that posters have developed "The Wall of NO" quoting several devs and CMs to explain why it will never happen.

Besides, it's not the way the game was back then that I miss, it's the newness and the sense of wonder that came with it. Despite having new areas in expansions, that feeling has pretty much dissipated.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The ubiquity of social media and datamining has ruined a lot of the immersion and exploration that MMOs used to have. I don't think that experience is ever coming back until someone makes a really compelling VR MMO.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

You can blame ptr/tests servers for a lot of that as well. Everything is calculated to the decimal before anything even goes live these days. I'm all for testing content but i hate it at the same time when the player base gets involved. It's one of those lesser of two evils things i suppose. It has to be done but i don't have to like it. I don't wanna hear that if i don't like it then i don't have to read about it because we all know that doesn't fly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm saying that if Blizzard has two subscription MMOs out, their fanbase will choose exactly one to pay for. Telling me that FFXI and FFXIV happily coexist ignores the economies of scale for a publisher like Activision/Blizzard, a company of their size won't tolerate a fanbase simply divided amongst two pay services, their aim is growth in the market and nothing else. A two-subscription model will hamstring that growth.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Saw this on tumblr and I lol'ed

I read the official forums a lot and oh, the accuracy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

My fear is they started working on the new expansion before WoD released and haven't had time to digest the players distaste for Garrisons before implementing more of the same in the upcoming one. I fear we won't see a "fix" until the expansion after this new one. If i have to micromanage more npc's i may just run a muck and kill them all.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I feel you.

Even when I run out to do mount farms on my alts, I feel like I have to do all of my garrison chores before I can leave, or else I feel like I've "wasted" the resources I could have gotten. Especially since most of my alts are between 92 and 96 and don't have a lot of 100 followers and they did that stupid nerf shit so the Blingtron mission always shows up on random alts instead of the one or two characters I could complete it on. I don't want to have to complete chores before I go out into the world. But the damn things flash at me and I'm like "fuck, I gotta do this." I cannot do that on 7 toons next expansion. Potentially 8, since I've been trying to level another.

It was cool at launch, but it's tedious now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Saw this on tumblr and I lol'ed

I read the official forums a lot and oh, the accuracy.
    WoD is certainly lacking a troll dungeon/raid

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I want to play the Walrus race.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers
    Down to 5.6m subs which is a drop of 1.5m since the Q1 drops, hasn't been this low since december 2005.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yikes. That's ...

I hope they are prepared to release something much better than Warlords if they want to recover.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'd hope so but i honestly don't see what they could release that would actually help them retain subs.