+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Pulled from MMO-C. I know he recently just got shit loads of stick for purposely trolling on Twitter, but I think he has learned his lesson.

5.6.7 Shouldn't have much content so I don't feel like he would be having issues writing those patch notes, the next big thing is the 6.0 Alpha patch notes which may indicate beta is pretty soon.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Dwarf females still ugly

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Also there's a huge WoD press thing Monday, like large gaming fansites/communities will be playing the Beta so expect some info (the stuff that wont be NDA'd anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Badkarma
    Dwarf females still ugly
    Haha, I must be like a minority or something cause Dwarf Female and Hume Female are my most favored Alliance races. I've not been Alliance for like 3 years though and I really miss it I love Dwarf Female animations.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Also there's a huge WoD press thing Monday, like large gaming communities will be playing the Beta so expect some info (the stuff that wont be NDA'd anyway)

Haha, I must be like a minority or something cause Dwarf Female and Hume Female are my most favored Alliance races. I've not been Alliance for like 3 years though and I really miss it I love Dwarf Female animations.
    If you arent playing Human Male or Draenei female youre wrong

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    I agree with half of that although I don't mind Draenei either. Damn now I miss Alliance even more but fuck paying for like 4-5 character changes.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I have males and females of every race and my favorite male and female are still undead.

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    I do miss drain pipes, depending on how they and blood elves look, it will decide what faction I come back as.

I have males and females of every race and my favorite male and female are still undead.
    Female undead omnicasting animation is top tier bestest. Always reminds me of the Cyberdemon pvp video that got me started playing WoW.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Alpha videos leaking out

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

hamstring passssssssssive tytytytytytytytytytytyty

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

beta is really close, cant wait to not be invited :/

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...hara_on_51.jpg

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...hara_on_04.jpg

Gotta say, some of the old shitty looking gear actually looks good on these new models, which is surprising...but the art style just kind of works.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...hara_on_07.jpg

That kind of doesn't though haha

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I wish I had a screen that big lol

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/february/ruliweb_newwowchara_on_07.jpg

That kind of doesn't though haha
    Any gear released before Wrath is going to have awful texture resolution so yeah the clash with WoD texture upgrades is going to be huge.

From the press event:

To at least get everyone on the same page in terms of information, since a summary of a translated version of a translation of a few sentences in a single interview may not be the best foundation for a 24-page discussion, here's an overview of our current thinking:

We will have Normal and Heroic versions of our max-level dungeons. (Note that we did not have Normal level 90 dungeons in Mists.)
    There will be no special requirement other than basic level/ilvl requirements on queuing for Normal dungeons or LFR.
    Level-up quest gear will get you into Normal dungeons/scenarios, and Normal dungeon/scenario gear will get you into LFR.
    Heroic dungeons will be more challenging than the Normal version (not brutally difficult, mind you -- just somewhat more demanding).
    You will need a Silver Proving Grounds medal in a given role in order to queue for random matchmaking for a Heroic Warlords dungeon. If you form a premade group, you can zone in regardless and no such requirement applies.

In the past, challenging content and random matchmaking have often not gone so well together. Relying on item level does nothing to prevent a random group from getting, for example, a tank who may literally have never tanked before. Everyone has to learn somewhere, but we'd rather not have that learning come at other players' expense. One option would be to require a full premade group to do Heroic Dungeons, as we do with Heroic Scenarios, but that would present a very high barrier to entry (finding 4 other people with rigid role requirements is much harder than finding 2 other people with no role requirements). This solution represents a compromise in order to allow the content to see a broader reach via matchmaking, while minimizing frustration.

And yes, we realize that by formally using Proving Grounds as a qualification, it will be incumbent upon us to further refine their balance and mechanics. We'll be updating them for Warlords, and we're confident that we can make them a fair test of baseline ability within a given role.
    Lots and lots of questions remain but the training requirement to a) not suck at your class and b) go back to actually challenging (and hopefully rewarding) heroic instancing is intriguing to say the least.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I wish I had a screen that big lol
    Time to upgrade if you aren't already playing at 1080P O_o

here's to hoping to get in the beta... I've been lucky to get in every single one since wotlk...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Best part about betas is watching all the meltdowns from people who don't get into betas. MoP was epic after the yearly pass shit.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post

here's to hoping to get in the beta... I've been lucky to get in every single one since wotlk...
    I play on a laptop for comfort. I haven't yet found a desktop that lets me lie down on my bed and play. (Not one that I could actually afford, that is.)

I barely have time to play the game now, what time I actually have to play I'd rather progress on my toons, not dick around in the beta. I can wait til release.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post

This is the 1st year i'm not currently subbed to the game when beta is coming around so maybe this time ill get an invite! XD

Here's a summary of the player-cast CC changes:

Removed Silence effects from interrupts. Silence effects still exist, but are never attached to an interrupt.
    Removed all Disarms.
    Reduced the number of Diminishing Returns (DR) categories.
    All Roots now share the same DR category.
    Exception: Roots on Charge-type abilities have no DR category, but have a very short duration instead.
    All Stuns now share the same DR category.
    All Incapacitate (sometimes called "mesmerize") effects now share the same DR category and have been merged with the Horror DR category.
    Removed the ability to make cast-time CC spells instant with a cooldown.
    Removed many CC spells entirely, and increased the cooldowns and restrictions on others.
    Pet-cast CC is more limited, and in many cases has been removed.
    Cyclone can now be dispelled by immunities and Mass Dispel.
    PvP trinkets now grant immunity to reapplication of an effect from the same spell cast when they break abilities with persistent effects, like Solar Beam.
    Long fears are now shorter in PvP due to the added benefit of a fear changing the players position.
    Wow, i'm actually liking some of these points, hopefully they follow up on them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast