+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You can only boost one character per account to 90. I don't think that's all that terribly game-breaking.

Ridill
    BG Level

There was an interview or q&a or whatever where one of the big blizz guys said something along the lines of:

"Well, you can get as many 90's as you want by buying another copy of the game and expansion and then transferring it over, so we may just go ahead and add a 'buy a 90' option. We're not sure yet."

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Not that it really matters, bad is still bad no matter how they got to the cap. As proven endlessly by LFR and every other MMO in the history of ever. No matter how hard or easy you make leveling, the terrible people will still manage to make it to the cap and rain all over everyone's parades.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

the problem with lfr isn't really people's skill as much as it is people afking, not trying or watching or paying attention etc.

I for one hate lfr, so I usually do it while watching TV or playing DS and smash my keyboard once a in a while.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

I refuse to even do LFR anymore, I haven't touched it this tier and I plan on keeping that way.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Speaking of LFR

I appreciate how he moves next to the thunderstrikes to maximize damage taken

I don't know why anyone with a brain and some time/friends would ever do LFR. Flex is very easy, and you can actually correct problems and do the fights right rather than wipe until determination stacks outweigh the negative contribution from bad players.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't have any in game friends so I guess if I really wanted to raid (which I don't) then LFR would be for me. I imagine it is similar to random BGs on the level of fail and team coordination.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah now that it's 30+ levels behind it's not worth running for tier even, so there's just nobody with a clue in there at all

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So the paid 90 thing looks like it's gonna be a go, and wow, the QQing on the official forums is amazing.

Personally, I don't care. Blizz is gonna charge a pretty solid amount of money for it I'm sure, and you're still gonna need to level from 90-100. Since xp required to level increases exponentially, they're gonna have plenty of time to learn the class, and then when they get to 100 they still have to gear themselves. If people with a shitload of money want to go off and buy 25 characters to 90, why should I care? So what if they're bad. There are bads all over this game. It hardly makes a difference.

The people crying act like everyone is going to skip the leveling process - I doubt it. Blizzard is gonna charge an arm and a leg and most people are probably still gonna level their alts the same way they always have. Heirlooms + RAF has already made it trivial as it is.

I'm /popcorn right now though, since Friday afternoons are dead as fuck around here.

It's fabricated outrage. It literally has no effect on anyone actually at the endgame, in either pvp or pve: it takes far longer to gear a character than it takes to level, which can be done in a couple of days.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Exactly. People are freaking losing their shit on the forums right now.

Ridill
    BG Level

I hate leveling but I wouldn't be willing to pay the like 75-100 bucks they'll charge.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Cap level playing is always 100% different from level playing anyways, so ya it wouldn't make a difference if a person starts at 1 or 90.

Whenever the exp comes out and I give it a try (I always come back for them), I'd probably still level from scratch though. Fuck paying money, and idk why, but I always enjoy leveling in MMOs.

Ridill
    BG Level

the one big difference is that it's a bit harder to adjust to all your buttons at once than filling out your bars a couple at a time

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Im not terribly concerned about it since people will still have to level to 100 or whatever the new cap is.
    Im more interested in using it for characters i dont want to realm transfer if I want to play horde on another server and Im alliance, etc

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

if it's like 25$ I'd probably do it for a shammy or monk. Trying to play one of them now and it's boring as fucking hell.

or mabye I wouldn't because like Plow said it's weird to adjust to so many abilities and get a good flow (at least for me) compared to slowly getting them. I recreated all my characters just for that reason. Got two 85 priests and lvling another warrior now. derp. Shield slam is broken as hell in lower lvl pvp. having a blast

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

tbh they made leveling so fast anyways. Just sit in town and spam dungeons lol

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Even leveling out in the field is super quick. I started a second account from scratch without RAF and obviously without heirlooms and I took her from 40 to 80 in 8 days, and that's working around a full time job.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Looks all right. Wish they'd show off more of the facial animation since that's what made the gnome female update really crackle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast