+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    I think all prices are fair, the way they work is stupid though. I have 11 90s on mal'ganis if i wanted to change realms on all of them it'd be like $220, that's retarded.

should be one price to move all characters on a specific realm to another, really discourages people that have alts from moving to be honest
    At the very least, a "bulk price" for moving 3+ characters should be offered. Like: 1 character $25, 2 characters $35, any number of characters $45.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    At the very least, a "bulk price" for moving 3+ characters should be offered. Like: 1 character $25, 2 characters $35, any number of characters $45.
    Really hate that they never did this. =/ Ended up swapping servers like 3 times over the years I played this game, and every time I did so, I only would transfer my main and relevel everything else because there is no way I'd pay to transfer everything lol.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    This I agree with.

Banned.

BG Level

Achieves are account wide now?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

They have been for a while, think since beginning of MoP.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Achieves are account wide now?
    Some are, some aren't.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Now that cross-realm everything has happened, next to none, but I'm sure it isn't just some automated thing, I'm sure someone (or several someones) has to do all these transfers, and if they lower the cost then they'll need more people to do that particular job while also lowering the cost, economically, this doesn't sound that smart to me. Lower price but hire more people = lose money. Let me add my disclaimer that I actually have no idea what Blizzard does here and how the coding works, but I can't imagine it's entirely automated.

Regardless, it's clear to me that Blizzard, for whatever reason, doesn't want people to change race/servers/factions/names every other day, so they've made the price high enough to keep people from constantly reusing it. I'll be the first to say that a server change along with a guild transfer for all of my toons would be an astronomically high cost to me. That's fine, I won't do it, and that's working as intended. They don't want you to do it.

It's clear to me that Blizzard doesn't want everyone to conveniently skip over a significant portion of the game, so they've made the price high enough to keep people from doing it.

It's also clear to me that plenty of people believe that all of these paid services are considered cheats (yes, even the name changes) and that by keeping the price high, it will placate those people who feel that this is just one step closer to Pay2Win.

Yes, I know that we pay for the game, expansions, and a monthly fee and there are people who even bitch about that, even after all that Blizzard does to keep this game running in the shape it has - which is pretty damn good. All these other services are extras. I see no reason why anyone should consider a service that you don't need overpriced at $25,
    Spoken like someone that's never made the mistake of rolling on a trash server.

I have a rogue that's sat on Zuluhed at 70 since tbc because the server has had a total of like 3 gladiators ever, and literally no guild on the server has ever killed an end boss while it was current.

The server is dead, it has been for years, and it was well over 5 years that way before they ever did anything about it at all with the server merges. Sure, they'll offer free transfers to it that nobody with a brain would ever take, but if you want to get the fuck out of there, they want dem moneys.

That shit, and the fact that you have to pay for every single character, and pay more than double if you need to faction change too, says everything I need to know about their motivations.

Even FFXI with its fees for fucking mules had the decency to give full transfers.

Banned.

BG Level

Guess Im rolling on zuluhed

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    That shit, and the fact that you have to pay for every single character, and pay more than double if you need to faction change too, says everything I need to know about their motivations.>
    That's easy to think, but you've really no clue, and only Blizzard insiders would know the hows and why's a price is what it is.

Is there an automated tool to do the work? If not, that's a lot of man hours to manually create and run scripts to do the work.

How valuable is the service? Even if they did have a tool to do so, how valuable is it for someone to change a name, get off of a dead server, or move to a new guild on a new server as a different faction?

Is it a barrier to frivolous changes? It's perfectly reasonable, to limit something, via cost, to prevent frivolous changes so that the system isn't backlogged for people that have a valid reason for a service.

Are they greedy? EA's humble origin drew criticism for being greedy, even when they donated the money to charity. Sphincter says what?

I don't deny there can be improvements to the system, or servers that need to be merged, but I doubt you have the real inside knowledge to insinuate they are doing it for the money.

I guarantee you: server transfers are 100% automated. The price is there to make transferring an act that requires commitment, not something done on a whim.

That said, it's fucking annoying as hell to transfer 5+ characters off a server you no longer want to be on.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, the original idea is to keep it from being something people do every other day

the utter refusal to help people out in shitty situations, and the multiple pricing for alts, or server+faction, is raw greed

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

No, I wanted like hell to be off my PST server for years (and for quite a while, I also wanted to roll off the PvP server I was on, I don't really give a fuck about that anymore), the only fucking reason I rolled on that server was because of FFXI friends, not a single one of them who still plays. I am on a full server that would often have stupidly high queue times for months. They offered free transfers and I almost took them up on it, except it would have put me right back where I didn't want to be: on a PST (and PvP, when it mattered) server, where anything I wanted to do was so late I couldn't participate. Eventually I gave up on ever raiding, because just like the rest of you, I can't afford hundreds of dollars to transfer all of my toons. So I just had to suck it up, and now I play solo, doing the random queue thing if I actually want to accomplish something I can't do by myself.

And I agree that a bulk transfer service should be available, but I see nothing wrong with individual prices being right where they are.

All of those points, aside from them being a paid service, are unrelated to the idea of a paid level boost, however, which is what has people so upset, and whether or not the process is automated, it's clear to me that Blizzard doesn't really want people to use it excessively, probably because they know it gives an advantage to people who can afford to do it. And while it's not much of an advantage - more like a time saver, really - it's not something they want people to be able to use for every character they ever make. I honestly don't know why this surprises anyone.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Orc Female

I like it

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ooh those are nice! They're still hardy, but without being overly masculine.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

oh boy

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

wtb blood elf female models

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    wtb blood elf female models
    Gotta save the best for last!

Ridill
    BG Level

so for orc females they just gave them goblin faces, nice

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    so for orc females they just gave them goblin faces, nice
    I wish goblin faces looked that good. At least the female faces all looked like shit for goblins when I made one.

Also need Blood/night elves D: (did they release night elves and I missed it?)

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

They haven't done any of the elves yet, from what I've seen.

I kinda love the B Elves as they are, but I'm interested to see the N Elf updates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast