+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I really like the new models so far. I'm really excited for this expansion and how everything is gonna look.

Yeah expressionless stare on the model is kinda meh for showing it off. I do like what i'm seeing though in terms of the models. did they mention updating the old armor too? or are we going to be wearing god awful looking shit if we level up a new class?

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Everyone wears heirlooms anyway so yes, you'll "be wearing god awful looking shit" for new classes. Heirlooms are fucking ugly and I'm sick of seeing them everywhere. I bet a lot of the really nice mog sets will look great on them. I would really hope that they finally decide against ripping my undead's clothes. I mean do they drop off the bosses torn so they decide to give them to the undead? lol

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Boosting to 90 will cost $60.

I think this is completely reasonable, but the forums are abuzz.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post

I agree. I was pricing this to be at $100 when it was announced but $60 is more then reasonable. Personally, while I can easily afford to boost all characters to 90, I probably won't even do 1. The reason being is actually enjoy masochistic things like leveling.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I couldn't really afford to do it honestly, but I enjoy leveling and that's part of the game to me.

I always pretty much knew it would be high enough to keep people from boosting an entire account worth of toons to 90 in like 14 seconds. Exactly the deterrent needed. I am surprised at how many people are upset over how much it costs. Did they think it was going to be like $10?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I could see people just lvling to 90, to sell accounts for that much >.>
    Really doesn't take long to get to Lv85 back when I played in cata

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah my total /played on my alt priest (who is 85) is like 2.5 days or something, and that's doing the usual thing like stopping to do pet battles, get achievements, and level professions, and since it's a new account, no heirlooms, just the guild xp bonuses.

It's not hard at all, but certain levels definitely get tedious. People just like to bitch about everything though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The one thing I'll bitch about and wish they would implement is account wide rep. Man does it suck grinding some of these on multiple characters. While they haven't announced it, I think given the direction they've gone with account wide things, we will see account wide rep sometime in WoD.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I agree wholeheartedly. Please.

Especially with how long it took to grind through MoP reps, the alt "bonus" thing is nice but it's still really slow.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post

It's only reasonable because Blizzard has convinced people the current prices for Server Transfer and Faction Change are reasonable. So yeah it's 'reasonable' on that already ridiculous spectrum of costs. This service is designed to undermine the black market while pocketing 100% of the proceeds.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Considering I don't think their intention was that everyone in the game stop leveling entirely and only boost, I think this is the price to set it at which accomplishes that exact thing. Low enough that people will pay it, high enough that it stops people from quitting leveling entirely.

Their goal is, after all, to keep people playing, and letting people skip over content (even if it doesn't take that long to get through it), doesn't accomplish that goal.

One could also argue that server/faction/name/guild changes are also reasonable as they don't want people to abuse the features.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

What patterns of abuse emerge when these services cost $5? Please be specific.

Banned.

BG Level

Instant lvl90? I may actually pay for the NA version this time.

Banned.

BG Level

Abuse of instances, bringing their servers down with the extra load of raids

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    What patterns of abuse emerge when these services cost $5? Please be specific.
    Now that cross-realm everything has happened, next to none, but I'm sure it isn't just some automated thing, I'm sure someone (or several someones) has to do all these transfers, and if they lower the cost then they'll need more people to do that particular job while also lowering the cost, economically, this doesn't sound that smart to me. Lower price but hire more people = lose money. Let me add my disclaimer that I actually have no idea what Blizzard does here and how the coding works, but I can't imagine it's entirely automated.

Regardless, it's clear to me that Blizzard, for whatever reason, doesn't want people to change race/servers/factions/names every other day, so they've made the price high enough to keep people from constantly reusing it. I'll be the first to say that a server change along with a guild transfer for all of my toons would be an astronomically high cost to me. That's fine, I won't do it, and that's working as intended. They don't want you to do it.

It's clear to me that Blizzard doesn't want everyone to conveniently skip over a significant portion of the game, so they've made the price high enough to keep people from doing it.

It's also clear to me that plenty of people believe that all of these paid services are considered cheats (yes, even the name changes) and that by keeping the price high, it will placate those people who feel that this is just one step closer to Pay2Win.

Yes, I know that we pay for the game, expansions, and a monthly fee and there are people who even bitch about that, even after all that Blizzard does to keep this game running in the shape it has - which is pretty damn good. All these other services are extras. I see no reason why anyone should consider a service that you don't need overpriced at $25, or in the case of the paid 90s, $60.

If you honestly thought Blizzard was going to charge some pithy amount for a character boost so that thousands of people could rush to use the service and effectively skip over years of content when most of them can breeze through it in less than a week, then I guess I can't help you there. Blizzard doesn't want people to skip 89 levels, hence the high prices. This should come as a surprise to no one.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I think there are any number of reasons the price is $60. I've yet to see a strong argument for 'deter abuse' being amongst that list of reasons. Seems 'make money,' 'smoke trees,' and 'fuck bitches' should round out the top 3. If Blizzard really cared about people not skipping over the first 89 levels of content they would have removed heirloom exp bonuses and not sold a service that lets you skip over the first 89 levels of content.

They have aimed this directly at the money that is otherwise going to shady 'powerleveling' services and sites that sell level 90 toons.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I wasn't talking about the paid 90s being meant to deter abuse. I was talking about the cost of faction changes, server transfers, and name changes being high to deter abuse. Didn't mean to imply that. I don't think leveling quickly is abusive of the game mechanics, it's just a feature. I'm more of the camp that it takes such a short time that it's ridiculous to pay for it, but then again I'm a huge cheapskate.

Gotta finish up work so I can get out of here, but basically there isn't much more I can really say anyway.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If the server/faction changes were less than the cost of your lunch today I still doubt that opens up many channels for abuse.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I think all prices are fair, the way they work is stupid though. I have 11 90s on mal'ganis if i wanted to change realms on all of them it'd be like $220, that's retarded.

should be one price to move all characters on a specific realm to another, really discourages people that have alts from moving to be honest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast