1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Exploit nonsense     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Exploit nonsense

Jesus fucking wow, how is something like this even possible?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Jesus fucking wow, how is something like this even possible?
    Once we knew it was possible to send a packet that says "i'm 50 and oh btw i have 2bil gil", I think we know the server will accept anything it is sent.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ahahaha.... Just... wow.. words can't even.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The fact you can affect other people with this shit is going to be disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Short version for now: avoid afking (being?) in towns if you can help it.

And before someone asks: no the maint in a couple hours isn't for this. It's for world transfer stuff. So expect this to still be here barring lightning-quick emergency maint.
    And that's a shame too, because this is something that the servers need to come down for right fucking now. It's already bad. Letting this go on longer is going to be all kinds of bad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

From reading those threads it sounds like as long as you're within range of a public retainer bell or the market boards, you can get robbed.

I have no fucking words lol

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well shit, here's to hoping that 2 weeks of hard work doesn't get ruined by this shit..., taking screenshots before I log...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Most unsettling, but I suppose only the market area is affected? Better hope I have enough food to get me through the week or take only the money needed for food to the market-area. Hope the bullies won't take my lunchmoney.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess the RMT have cleverly created a situation where they can sell millions to fools, before robbing them and then selling them millions again ontop of jacking legitly-earned/held Gil.

Gotta admire their desperate persistence.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psc6b25735.jpg

Man, this game has some serious security problems. Are RMT still teleporting between nodes unchecked?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

JOKES ON YOU I'M POOR

Man, this game has some serious security problems. Are RMT still teleporting between nodes unchecked?
    Are you implying only RMT use bots

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

These unscrupulous fuckers are running roughshod over us with this security garbage. Next thing you know they're just going to be sending tells to random people selling "protection" like Tony Soprano.

"Real nice Black Mage you got there. Be a shame if something were to happen to it." *knocks some cans off a shelf with a baseball bat*

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    JOKES ON YOU I'M POOR
    Are you implying only RMT use bots
    RMT, Hardcores or Mole People it doesn't really matter. Shit sucks.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I logged out at an inn. Assuming I can access my retainer there to stash gil?

Edit: beaten.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I logged out at an inn
    Same, after I found out about this I noped the fuck out of the markets and went straight for the Inn.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post

Yup, Just the other day, I saw some strange named character, that had like gladiator Lv 15, and Miner Lv40... just teleporting ontop nodes (Lv40ish).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I've heard of tradehacks in other MMOs but I've never heard of anything as crazy like this happening in one, kudos for Square having the security of a kindergarten playground during recess.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

what the fuck kindergarten did you go to

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

One that had no fences and a pretty busy road near by, just one teacher walking around looking after 45 kids(?)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I ported to Limsa earlier this evening and got the "Insufficient gil" message. I only had about 300k gil at the time, and didn't lose any after getting the message. Seems like it's only targeting people with larger amounts of gil from what I've seen so far. The buyouts are all for million(s) so I guess being broke worked in my favor for a change.

I'm having an extremely hard time understanding how this could possibly be a hack or an exploit. I have a Crayola-level understanding of how servers work, but this just doesn't seem possible to me. I'd like to think it's just a bug (still pretty awful) because surely SE didn't make an MMO where hackers can do this type of shit. I've heard of people losing all their stuff when a hacker logged into their account and manually took it, but I've never heard of a hacker stealing someone's stuff remotely WHILE that person is online.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    I ported to Limsa earlier this evening and got the "Insufficient gil" message. I only had about 300k gil at the time, and didn't lose any after getting the message. Seems like it's only targeting people with larger amounts of gil from what I've seen so far. The buyouts are all for million(s) so I guess being broke worked in my favor for a change.

I'm having an extremely hard time understanding how this could possibly be a hack or an exploit. I have a Crayola-level understanding of how servers work, but this just doesn't seem possible to me. I'd like to think it's just a bug (still pretty awful) because surely SE didn't make an MMO where hackers can do this type of shit. I've heard of people losing all their stuff when a hacker logged into their account and manually took it, but I've never heard of a hacker stealing someone's stuff remotely WHILE that person is online.
    Players at one point were able to give themselves anything. XP, Gil, Items, just... anything by sending packets to SE servers and their servers took everything your character data was sending to them and believed it without cross checking it. So, this doesn't seem far off or very surprising whatsoever.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast