1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dalamudversary     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The Burning Wall was separated from the others since the MSQ takes you the Wall.

There was little to no reason to go to Coerthas in 1.0 before like Natalan / Garuda. It was a huge zone full of nothing but mobs + teleports.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I'm not so certain on more Mor Dhona zones. Coerthas specifies it's Coerthas > Coerthas Central Highlands while Mor Dhona just is Mor Dhona > Mor Dhona.

This is where I imagine the Crystal Tower entrance will be (I mean, the attunement since you'll just DF yourself in)
    Considering "The Crystal Tower" pops up on your screen when you run up to it (and there's a giant crystal tower sticking out of the terrain behind it), I'd say you're onto something there chap.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

excuse me it just says "Crystal Tower" and you can't see the tower from that door !!!!

Oh.

In that case it might be some other tower of crystal, not The Crystal Tower.

I stand corrected, sir.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From 1.0 coerthas, the only thing I miss about it is the look of the zone. I loved the sprawling green hills. But I've never really been a fan of ice/snow zones in MMOs (fucking xarcabard).

And hey, I was in coerthas a lot... dem spiritbond parties I guess?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

We're still missing that area from the opening movie that they run through on chocobo. But knowing SE we'll never see it.

Anyway I feel ARR does a poor job at explaining what happened after the Bahamut event and why the Labyrinth of Bahamut exists. Unless turn 5 explains it (not done that).

Vuitton

Post Turn 5 does. There are spoilers somewhere in the Lore thread. I feel they should have explained all that prior to entering the Coil though, rather than make it some huge mystery. (Basically you're sent into the Coil to figure out what it is, what it is doing, who is doing it, ect.)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Unless I missed something, I'm not sure if I'd call that an explanation, so much as lots of hand waving and a big fat "to be continued..." cliffhanger.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    We're still missing that area from the opening movie that they run through on chocobo. But knowing SE we'll never see it.
    I always wanted to visit the original Tavnazia in FFXI that was seen in the openings. Best we got was a cliff from where we could see it. So yeah, fucking SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I always wanted to visit the original Tavnazia in FFXI that was seen in the openings. Best we got was a cliff from where we could see it. So yeah, fucking SE.
    Yeah, that was one zone that I really, really hated seeing go by the wayside. But there's always been stuff like that all the way back to the FFXI beta which only end up being visuals or cutscene bait at best, and there's going to be more of those now.

The Far East was the ultimate cutscene bait. Between the Tenshodo, Gilgamesh, Aldo, Tenzen, eastern style jobs/gear, constant references, etc.

ToAU was a massive cock-tease about it, you go to a nation in the Near East which is at war with the Far East nation and what came next? WotG!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Post Turn 5 does. There are spoilers somewhere in the Lore thread. I feel they should have explained all that prior to entering the Coil though, rather than make it some huge mystery. (Basically you're sent into the Coil to figure out what it is, what it is doing, who is doing it, ect.)
    That's good to know. Going to avoid the spoilers and hope I clear Coil at some point in the next 6 months. But yeah the main story should have explained more.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Changz Sicarii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I miss getting 1 or 2 shotted from lv90+ mobs doing a quest that specifically ran you through said mobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4