1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 308 of 380 FirstFirst ... 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of opportunity to camp for a house myself but I just didn't do it because I couldn't care enough, I mean its just a house in a shitty game. However I have a problem when it come to the point where this made Rich people even more rich, last time I checked the PF 4 of the 7 people trying to sell the houses were some of the biggest crafters on the server, the people who were already ahead of everyone and who made ton of money.

I know some people will come with the OF logic and say "Hey if you want money you gotta work for it & stop being lazy" or "But these guys worked their ass out to get there so they deserve it" but this isn't the point, the pointt is that SE supposedly did this so more people could buy a house, yep? Instead its the same rich people who already had houses buying them to re sell them and make profit.
    "If I disagree with it, its OF logic"

lol ok

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

if SE wanted to fix the housing solution they could have done so easily.
    Like introduced a mass instanced apartment system from the jump.
    Had it so when you sold your house it went to a npc ran housing auction you could purchase with bids.
    Made it to where you could only ever own one personal home/apartment.
    They could have offered rentable workshop to FCs in the Ironworks to allow everyone access to the glorified airship retainer content (laugh).
    They could implement a monthly tax on standard housing, doubling/tripling/quadrupling taxes on additional houses owned.

There were and still are numerous of solutions that could have forced sub and actually fixed the issue, but of course they would go with the most hapless, chaotic, lazy way they could find.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I've said it before, I'll say it again. SE specializes in ideas. They're great at ideas. They're shit at executing those ideas. They NEVER follow through, NEVER fully realize their potential.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. SE specializes in ideas. They're great at ideas. They're shit at executing those ideas. They NEVER follow through, NEVER fully realize their potential.
    Especially when they have no reason to now.

It's just kind of funny how in XI you have the MH system, with Mog Garden (island) and Monster Rearing for buffs...meanwhile they can't figure out how to utilize personal chambers/inn room system to be more of a "Everyone has a base room they could use and if you wanted something bigger, buy a house" kind of thing..or like PSO2's Apartment system.

There literally is so much they could do but they get their money now so..

They can't even figure out how to join 3 parties together into an alliance anymore.

The smart people cashed out and retired a long time ago, they are sipping on pina coladas on some beach somewhere.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of opportunity to camp for a house myself but I just didn't do it because I couldn't care enough, I mean its just a house in a shitty game. However I have a problem when it come to the point where this made Rich people even more rich, last time I checked the PF 4 of the 7 people trying to sell the houses were some of the biggest crafters on the server, the people who were already ahead of everyone and who made ton of money.

I know some people will come with the OF logic and say "Hey if you want money you gotta work for it & stop being lazy" or "But these guys worked their ass out to get there so they deserve it" but this isn't the point, the pointt is that SE supposedly did this so more people could buy a house, yep? Instead its the same rich people who already had houses buying them to re sell them and make profit.
    It's not about the rich getting richer, if you could afford a house you could do it (and you sure as fuck don't need to be rich for that), and tons of comparatively poor people are doing it too. If you couldn't afford a house you shouldn't give a shit in the first place. I wouldn't disagree that the system as a whole promoting flipping houses like this is a bad thing, but you can't fault people for seizing an opportunity to make some money from it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Obviously the system is completely stupid and set up very short-sightedly. Not everyone gets a house. It's not right, it's not fair, but that's the way it is so you have to decide if getting a house is worth the gil to you. If it is then save up for it and wait for someone to sell at a price you like. If you don't care about having a house then quit bitching. Different things are important to different people in the game. I would've been pissed if I had to fork over more gil than I already did for my houses, but I still would have done it because it's worth it to me. I like decorating them and using them for teleports but I can see how many don't care either way.

Even on my underpopulated server while plots were still open there was "real estate trading" going on, people wanting houses in a certain ward or wanting to buy pre-furnished houses or a house with a certain view etc. If people see the opportunity to make some gil, they will do it. You have to think about stuff like that anytime there is a limited resource.

I didn't know the mafia was about buying and reselling real estate for fair market prices, learn something new every day.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...%28Housing%29?

Someone Needs [insert appropriate infinitive here] Fired. (Housing)

How housing was handled was terrible.

People BOUGHT the damn houses and now have party finder FULL of "WTS Small house in Goblet." Houses need to BIND on character, non-Transferable and allow a reclaim option to receive 80% back.

HOUSING SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE TRADED. END OF STORY. ALTS SHOULD NOT be able to buy houses, but they SHOULD Have Equal access to an Alts House. This is ridiculous SE. Why did we wait outside of houses HOPING one would open? WHEN WE HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW IF SOMEONE HAS BEEN ACTIVE?! WHAT IS THAT?

I've honestly never been so aggravated at you SE. I EMBRACED the Relic grind, but this is just unfair.
    They arent tradeable you know it right ?

You just pay the owner to demolish his plot. So its free again.
    Didn't realize thats how it worked. Totally should be considered abuse and bannable then.
    This guy is clueless as fuck as to how this works. Also extremely mad. But, he was kind enough to give us the bonus highlighted sentence (a real fucking gem).

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

2 months ago people on the OF bitched that the 45 days delay to have your house destroyed was too short notice and today they're bitching that it's a too long delay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So if I eat shit long enough I'll be given a house eventually?

That gem is A+

Edit: People who bitched it was too short notice got banned so all that's left are people who said it was a long delay.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    2 months ago people on the OF bitched that the 45 days delay to have your house destroyed was too short notice and today they're bitching that it's a too long delay.

I remember when OF forum players complained about housing prices and said no-one would buy housing as 5m would be too much for people.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3500893

It's still so painful to read posts from people that complain about this who's first MMO is XIV ARR.

I still think it's already cheap enough that we're getting NPC appearances at all since I kind of like when storyline characters are actually unique.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...you-pay-for-it

Don't forget the part where people want XIV to be optionally the most expensive subscription-based MMO out there for the glorious amount of content they keep pumping out.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Don't forget the part where people want XIV to be optionally the most expensive subscription-based MMO out there for the glorious amount of content they keep pumping out.
    I claim responsibility for that thread, and let me tell you, you're missing the real purpose behind it, read post #13 and #19.

I just wanted to point out the massive hypocrisy of the people who supported extra retainers and then the cash shop (because it didn't affect them) and now are up in arms over the thought of premium housing (because now it affects them).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I just figured the people without houses were the ones bitching that a 45 day wait is too long, and the people with houses saying it's too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I still think it's already cheap enough that we're getting NPC appearances at all since I kind of like when storyline characters are actually unique.
    Well everyone is getting a new outfit, so in that way I don't mind it so much. As long as it's old cosplay it's ok to me.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    It's not about the rich getting richer, if you could afford a house you could do it (and you sure as fuck don't need to be rich for that), and tons of comparatively poor people are doing it too. If you couldn't afford a house you shouldn't give a shit in the first place. I wouldn't disagree that the system as a whole promoting flipping houses like this is a bad thing, but you can't fault people for seizing an opportunity to make some money from it.
    What I am saying is simple, people bougths multiples houses to resell them, most of them did it via alts to which they transfered money via the market board, they're now trying to resell these houses to make profits and this situation could have been avoided. As ridiculous as this mafia thread is, I know 4 persons who did that with their alts, if these 4 ppl on my FL had that idea, then lot more of people had it too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

What I am saying is simple, people bougths multiples houses to resell them, most of them did it via alts to which they transfered money via the market board, they're now trying to resell these houses to make profits and this situation could have been avoided. As ridiculous as this mafia thread is, I know 4 persons who did that with their alts, if these 4 ppl on my FL had that idea, then lot more of people had it too.
    I know someone that did it back when it was first released, while everyone else was whining about the price and no-one was buying them. As time went on, houses filled up, and now if he ever needs money he sells one. I don't blame him one bit, smart gameplay especially as he did it when all the idiots were whining about it.

Hell, the only reason I got one was to do the same, although i've kept it because it took me a day to make the gil for the house when it was release, and the teleports are super convenient for a market board. If I got a crazy offer i'd sell it. If people wanted housing badly enough, they would either have bought them initially, or if they have recently joined the game, camped a zone to get one - or just man up, spend some time making money and go get one.

Its really not hard to make money in FFXIV.