1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 314 of 380 FirstFirst ... 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Another OF Gem: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ity-about-jobs

How hard is it to read a tooltip..

jesus fucking christ

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Amazing. Also, I'm pretty sure Aska is one of the biggest white knights on the forums, definitely not elitist.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Mandekalu Cavalry rush gogo?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Every one of the OP's posts are fucking gems.

He hasn't reached end game yet. His highest character is 54.
    Though he has an impressive amount of characters around 30.

He also hasn't had any responses to any of his previous posts. So this looks like attention grabbing/troll bait.
    It's also possible, he's just legitimately bad. I was bad too for a while. *snip, shortened for lenght*
    I'm not reaching endgame yet cause I'm waiting after some irl friends who also play the game. Also, if I don't respond as much on the forum, I'm usually in game, watching anime, working, playing other games or reading. Another note, this is not the forum I prefer the most to frequent since some posters here seem to have an attitude problem.
    You have the wrong idea about FFXIV.

Jobs to not have "builds" or "specs" or "styles." They each have a single, stringent and optimal rotation - an ideal. Every buff and ability fits into a rhythm, which produces The Best Outcome when executed in time. Any deviation from this rhythm is necessarily Not-The-Best Outcome.

*snip, shortened*

The sooner you accept there's one way to do it, the sooner you can start mastering it.
    And that's where you fail as human. You standardize and put everything in the same exact mold when everyone is different and plays differently. I'm playing games since over 20 years ago. I'm used to never being mana empty. I find using fire repeatedly burn the bar too much, but I do have my small rotation that uses transpose. Never went bellow half the mp bar for no reason, best reasons being in boss fights. Guess you were a great bully in school.
    You say that like it's a good thing... Sounds like SMN is moreof your job.
    It's more like my subjob. I'm a really decent healer, I'm trying to get thaum at 28 to get swiftcast. Raise and resurrect just have too long of a cast time and I saw the need to get it at some occasions when I met bad tanks or dps's not going for the adds and leading to the death of most of the party. But that's getting hard to do since I don't like the ''standardized and official'' black mage play style some players believe is the best.
    If you're doing crap damage because of your "Playstyle" you're dragging people down, being inconsiderate and simply aren't playing well. It's one thing if you're learning and receptive to advise, but to close yourself off and take on such a juvenile "I pay my sub I'll play how I like" attitude means you deserve to be kicked.
    Giving advice and ordering the person to do something is totally different. Just to resume my playstyle for thaum: not burning my mana on small fries in dungeon (pointless to just fire repeatedly anyway), spending more on bosses and sub-bosses (2-3 fires followed by 2-3 blizzards without burning trought my mana to be the most helpfull at the right time).
    Actually, this game is very on the rails, and does not allow people to play well using their own rotations based on preferance. *snip, shortened*
    You do realise you do more damage in astral fire with three stacks right, and very little damage in umbral ice. Also, your class has stupid mp regen, if you run out of mp, all you do is transponse, then cast blizz, and at most 6 seconds later you are full mp... there is no reason or logic between going to half mp. None at all, your preferance of this shows you have no understanding of how the class is built.
    Funny thing you mention 6 seconds, that can be the exact time where everyone but the black mage is still alive. And must I say that I checked the aggro I amass and get second in a party fast. Pretty sure using the ''official'' one grabs all the aggro from the tank. Often saw black mages fall too because of that.
    You don't need to save your mana as a THM/BLM as everyone has been telling you. You can easily just empty out your mana with fire spells, tranpose to go into umbral, use blizzard, then start using fire when you regenerate to full. Your problem is that you're totally unaccepting and being unreceptive of advice to better your role, regardless of how it's given. People are goign to get justifably upset if you're not performing as a DPS by dpsing effectively because you're ignoring the core concept of your class.
    I'm receptive to the advice given, but when the person just spam ''do as I say cause I'm da best'', I consider that an order and I don't really like getting orders from those that believe they are the best. Must have something to do with the agressive feeling of harassment they tend to exude...
    Then you're either going guns ablazing before the tank even gets the first hit, you're overgearing, or the tank isn't a good. And honestly at early levels, THM is very prone to pulling aggro because of how high their damage is... which means you're doing your job and the tank isn't considering normal circumstances.
    Never went before the tank could deal damage, I'm just monitoring the whole field to the best of my abilities, often checking my MP, my HP, the HP of others, the minimap, the adds that spawn, what enemy I can put to sleep (it's usefull) and wich has to be killed in priority and so on. I'm gessing I see Blackmage as a fine pinpoint tool that hurts where and when it's needed.
    You have to think of it less as "do as I say because I'm better than you" and view this as "(try to) do as I say because it's literally better than what you're doing". Sometimes...people really are better than you. I ask tips from my WHM friend all the time because I'm a terrible WHM. Can't WHM myself out of a dark room with Holy. View this "order" as "well, you know, these people with more experience than me are telling me how this job works". I mean, if you don't believe any of this stuff, just try it out and see. Read the tooltips. Read the active help. Read the popups on your buff bar.

If you consider people teaching you to be an "order" and you don't like taking orders, how did you get through school?
    AskaRay, how many years of gamming do you have under the belt? I have over 20 years of gamming experience. 14ARR has only been online for a few years already and you tell me I must absolutelly follow the orders of those that believes themselves to be gods? I'm not a little lamb that will go and do what they want, I've met persons like them IRL, they're bullies that believe no one else is better than them. When they are unhappy about something, they usually hurt someone. here's a fact, no one is better and no one is worse, everyone is equal with me. I hate elitists who concrete pour something into a mold because it's the ''right'' way to do when in fact it just destroy. Pretty sure youre a borderline elitist too.
    I literally do not believe that this is the case as opposed to your perspective of it, going by this quote
    It sounds more like you being overly offensive when told that your way of playing THM is wrong (which it is).
    You never had to deal with bullies, right? And as I said, there is no wrong way to play. If the game became real life, then now it would matter the most to play it at it's apex of power, but then again, we ain't in Log Horizon universe here. And yes, I get offensive when I see someone push his weight around as if he's the king of the world, the cream of the cream, the best in everything. That's what causes so much crap to hit the fans and makes the world turn square.
    *snip, shortened*

Also how is everyone but the blm alive if you are the one grabbing aggro? Logic says if you grab aggro, you die first. Or the tank has died and you are second on the list, you die second. But you you grab aggro and then the tank dies, it is likely because you targetted a mob that is not the primary, then the haeler had to juggle you and the tank, resulting in a wipe with an inexperienced healer. Given your lack of understanding of the job, it is likely that you are part of the cause of the wipe.

Also its not that you aren't using the "optimal" rotation for your job, you are using a terrible one. In this game you can't just do a random rotation and end up with 90% of the damage of the optimal one, the design does not allow for it. You end up with really really bad dps.
    Because not enough mana means not grabbing the aggro. And I do believe that bliz spells grab way less than fire spells.
    Because they do way less damage. You know, the thing you are there to do. But either way, you say you grab lots of aggro, which if there has been so many times with a party wipe, and you being the last to die, is untrue. Also, it's ideal for you to have aggro after the tank, that way every thing doesn't rush the healer if the tanks die. I have been BLMT many times, and its not that bad. Also, if you are building too much aggro on one target, its not the end of the world to throw one or two fires at some other mob while the tank solidifies aggro before switching back, a 20 year vet should be able to figure these things out.
    I'm going to make another post here: Why the hell are you targeting my way of getting the job done when the subject is about those overblown heads that cause players to quit because they are pushing their weight around! There's no right way nor any wrong way to play any jobs! I'm feeling like this is the best place for trolls to hang out and attack players when in fact someone is trying to raise a good point about one huge issue in the player base, which is those that believe each job has a clear cut way of being played and you cannot derail from that way. Pretty sure it's mindsets like that that causes the most wars in the world.

And attacking one person to hide the problem won't change anything, which is exactly what is happening in this thread.
    Because they do way less damage. You know, the thing you are there to do.
    I view black mages as polyvalent toolboxes that can pull a sleep spell on one annoying enemy at the right time, save the team at another with a well placed spell and actually staying where it is needed most. What I don't view the blackmage as: huge aggro grabbers that just spam fire as if that was the only thing they knew to do. Yes, I have a rotation, yes, it is effective, no, I don't run on empty mana, and no, I don't listen to ingame bullies as well as IRL ones. Now back to the real subject, the problem in the community.
    Which is funny, because a huge, huge problem with the community is dpa not being able to meet even mediocre dps checks, causing countless wipes in content, yet here you are, defending doing your job terribly... Also, it doesn't matter how you view the job, as has been stated many times to you. The BLM is a damage turret, the game design doesn't allow for the kind of play you want. Believe me, I really do wish that it did, it would be a lot more fun that way. But you are playing your way, at the expense of the team, you are a hinderance to your team, not a help. And the more you write the more I have to assume you are trolling, that is how inncorrect the things you are saying are.

Also, there is no debate about in game bullies when you are the one promoting terrible playstyle that is a detriment to your team. If anything you are the bully for forcing such an absolutely bad teamate on them. Your style of play is better reserved for preformed rp parties where everyone knows they are playing poorly, but prefer the rp element over the play element.

Also in regards to your view that everyone is attacking you, I read a saying recently, and this is not an attack, just something to consider:

If you wake up in the morning and the first person you run into is an a-hole, they are the a-hole. If everyone you run into all day is an a-hole, you are the a-hole. *snip, not usefull to repeat what this persons type anymore*
    Let's just ignore him for now since he wants to keep the subject derailed and keep attacking me and my mini-gun playstyle.
    Your options are limited here, Sensei. You can continue calling people bullies and disregarding the advice you've been given or you can go at least give it a shot and try to make the suggested improvements. You're making yourself look worse every time you post. It was funny at first but not it's full of cringe.
    Ya know what? Wouldn't have happened if so many persons came in here just to attack the playstyle of one player in the multitude. We could have had a great debate and found solutions to this growing problem of overblown egoes and players that just want to quit because of the harassment they recieve in game. Guess that's why some persons hate FF14 so much now, specially the forums. There's complete hate threads on other forums just about FF14. This thread has officially derailed and as it's creator, I plan on rerailing it. If you have any problem with that, just don't post here anymore.
    So it's not wrong if the tanks aren't picking up adds or keeping aggro? That healers don't have to keep you up and focus on dpsing?
    Never said it was wrong, just said that there were players who were just bad. A few pointers can help them, but ordering them to do it a specific way cause you believe you are the best is just another description of a bully. I saw good playstyles that varies with each person's personal touch. I also saw bad playstyles that actually worked. Were they the best or the worsts, doubt it, but they sure did the job. What I don't want to take in this game are those bullies who write a huge wall of text in chat ordering you how to play their way as if they were the absolute best. That's also what I want to destroy the most since it kills the player base and removes the imagination from the players. If you start believing this game is a RPG based on DDR, then it's not an RPG anymore, it's DDR (reference to one previous answer).
    This ego issue you are experiencing is due to your inability to correctly play your job. You're not being removed because people have a huge ego, or believe they are 'above' you. You're being removed because you're simple not producing desirable or sufficient results, at which point you become detrimental to the teams goals. If you was playing it how it was designed than you more than likely wouldn't be having this issue. It has already been pointed out that the job/game is very on the rails, especially at lower levels. Flexibility in how your play your job is not something XIV provides.

Perhaps you'd enjoy playing GW2 more, or a game with specs/customization options?
    And they manage to decide that in the first 2 minutes of a dungeon, just by meeting small critters. Yeah right, huge decision here. Big bullies want to play their way, they see someone play slightly differently, they push that person out. Youre part of the problem Pence.

By the way, the 2 minute is a figure of speech. If only a 10th of the dgn has been explored, it is not valid to attack someone's play style until you meet a subboss. After the subboss, some pointeers can be given, but ordering the player how to play and being rude kills the player base.
    And AskaRay is definitely one of the whitest knights. Also they RP and apparently they're super cringey based off of some drama from /vg/ (that leaked out last year).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sometimes I wish I didn't come here to read. My faith in humanity gets savaged every time

If that's the same username he uses on nexusmods then he likes the adult toys vendor and immersion sex slaves lmao

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Man clicking the 'more' button on his profile just got weirder and weirder as it went. Pretty sure it's the same guy http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/18244394/?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, this sure got entertaining. lol

And yes, I get offensive when I see someone push his weight around as if he's the king of the world, the cream of the cream, the best in everything. That's what causes so much crap to hit the fans and makes the world turn square.
    I love this sentence so much.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard freely shared active subscriber numbers until like last year.
    They did, but the numbers were meaningless because they stopped breaking down subs by region a long time ago (around wotlk I think?). Asian subscriptions used a pay per minute system, and anyone that logged in for a few minutes/cents a month would count as an active subscriber. Chinese players could also only play an account for like 2-3 hours max per day due to some government regulation, which encouraged multiple accounts for multiple characters.

Think of how many people that don't actively play FFXIV or whatever other game might log in once in a while to talk with friends/do seasonal events/etc. if it cost them pennies to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    I love this sentence so much.
    I'd love to see what he is like on ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    I'd love to see what he is like on ninja.
    "If they wanted not for me to see the rabbit then would you explain why it is so very cute and pleasant?"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    "If they wanted not for me to see the rabbit then would you explain why it is so very cute and pleasant?"
    Had a good laugh, thanks.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    jesus fucking christ
    Kudos to him though, 20 years is a lot of gamming, I would've gotten bored with it long ago.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

it's not that long. shit, any one of us who played XI during heydey and then didn't stop gaming completely afterwards is sitting on at least 10 years. i would say most of us have more than 20 years of "gaming experience." I certainly do, and I'm only 27. hand-me-down NES, yo.

I've been gaming hard core for 34 years starting with the coleco vision and I even beat battletoads before the Internet, suck it nerds.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    it's not that long. shit, any one of us who played XI during heydey and then didn't stop gaming completely afterwards is sitting on at least 10 years. i would say most of us have more than 20 years of "gaming experience." I certainly do, and I'm only 27. hand-me-down NES, yo.
    I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mirai Amariyo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Official Forum fail thread: This game wasn't meant for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously
    I specifically used "gamming" as was in the post for a reason....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gamming

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

o

fuckin lawl

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh wait ive been gaming since '88. That too long?

Also all that quoted shit up there, Too Fucking long and filled with crap. Didnt read it. You all must protect your sanity from the OF lol.

Edit: well played with extra m.

Edit: oh god i feel old now ; ;