1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 354 of 380 FirstFirst ... 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 ... LastLast
    XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

"Geez so toxic"

Too bad he wasn't around during the days of Waka Bo and his days of high speed hunts

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Is the OF whining about spoilers for the story completion title yet? That seems like one of the few things they would get up in arms about that's actually kind of a legitimate complaint.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Is the OF whining about spoilers for the story completion title yet? That seems like one of the few things they would get up in arms about that's actually kind of a legitimate complaint.
    They did actually. Koji apologized for it apparently so the fire isn't as bad as you'd think.

I guess since Yoshi doesn't apologize for things as he should that might be why people still always jump to his every defense haha.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I remember the claw in the Wineport area would kill a bunch of baddies and they would get mad at us laughing at them.

Lord Noobslayer, how I miss thee.
    Don't forget Agrippa.

Or Pale Rider (COUNTER STANCE?! WAT DIS DOOOOOOO????)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...han-2.0-models

Silly topic as always, but even after Yoshida admitted "PS3 Limitations" is more of an excuse than fact, still can't believe people think PS3 support dropping will make this game dramatically change lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    They did actually. Koji apologized for it apparently so the fire isn't as bad as you'd think.

I guess since Yoshi doesn't apologize for things as he should that might be why people still always jump to his every defense haha.
    Funny thing is, there wasn't a piss and shitstorm over "Nidhogg Slayer". And I literally logged into the game with that being the first thing I saw.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Funny thing is, there wasn't a piss and shitstorm over "Nidhogg Slayer". And I literally logged into the game with that being the first thing I saw.
    Their line of thought: "But we knew we'd battle Nidhogg duh!"
    "What!? A STORYLINE CHARACTER BEING FOUGHT AGAINST/WITH/DYING IN A XIV STORYLINE TO TRY TO DRIVE TENSION OR ACTUALLY HAVE A PLOT PRIOR TO THE EXPANSION? WTF SE?!"

Seriously though, the things people complain about are silly. In a week when everyone has the title they'd forget about it just like they forgot they were bitching for egi glamour and I still see far more Garuda/Ifrit egis than I do either of the carbuncles.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

That's because the carbuncle recolors are boring and lazy, and not what they implied when they talked about egi glamors.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Seriously though, the things people complain about are silly. In a week when everyone has the title they'd forget about it just like they forgot they were bitching for egi glamour and I still see far more Garuda/Ifrit egis than I do either of the carbuncles.
    I haven't seen a single summon that isn't a carbuncle since the patch came out. Then again, I am on a glamour server. But it's pretty ridiculous.
    Everyone uses blue or red though. No one uses topaz.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I haven't seen a single summon that isn't a carbuncle since the patch came out. Then again, I am on a glamour server. But it's pretty ridiculous.

Just for you bb

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I unlocked them but will never use the new glamoured egis and just use the normal ones. No idea who just wanted different color Carbuncles, but they are pretty lame to me. >.>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Best part is, there's a lot of them in the dats since Alpha 2, so the next egi glamour update will just be 3 more colors, including another shade of Blue.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I unlocked them but will never use the new glamoured egis and just use the normal ones. No idea who just wanted different color Carbuncles, but they are pretty lame to me. >.>
    I had carbuncle when patch went up, didn't like it thinking he was standing in aoe and dying so swapped back.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably because you're a shitlord with no taste!

Joking aside, the Egi's in XIV are ugly as sin, and Carbuncle is not only a popular main series staple since like the second game, its what the job was advertised with when it was first released (Well, Class). Not to mention as early back as XI nostalgia. Carbuncle is just a cute little ball of fluffy fan favorite.

Really not hard to comprehend why people would prefer Carbuncle over a half aborted assortment of Stick figures and Chicken nuggets.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I know the egis aren't the best, especially after FF11's avatars, but we could have had better glamours instead of just reskinned Carbuncles!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best part is, there's a lot of them in the dats since Alpha 2, so the next egi glamour update will just be 3 more colors, including another shade of Blue.
    50 shades of blue: A glamour reborn!

but honestli lol egis in FFXIV are like uuuuuuuhhh fluff? I mean compared to real summons in FFXI or any other FF game lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know the egis aren't the best, especially after FF11's avatars, but we could have had better glamours instead of just reskinned Carbuncles!
    I thought that was originally the idea TBH, when they first announced the Egi glamour idea, adding Ramuh, Levi, etc Egis to the game with the glamour since they didn't want to be assed to program more than 3 summons <reason for not adding new Summons>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Doing that instead of Carbuncles would mean they'd need to make a handful of new models and animations, and that is clearly too much work for SE.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Doing that instead of Carbuncles would mean they'd need to make a handful of new models and animations, and that is clearly too much work for SE.
    Sad thing is I'm pretty sure Ramuh Egi is in the game already :D

I faintly remember seeing him during one of the quests where they shit on SMN's dream of new avatars out of laziness or incompetence convincingly explained why Summoner couldn't attune to more than 3 Avatars.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Doing that instead of Carbuncles would mean they'd need to make a handful of new models and animations, and that is clearly too much work for FFXIV Dev Team.
    Fixed for you, since the FFXI Dev Team pushed alot of new summons out throughout the year