1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 355 of 380 FirstFirst ... 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't worry, we'll have 1.0 Elementals for Egi-Glamour for $4.99 a piece when the Pet Glamour UI is built!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Probably because you're a shitlord with no taste!

Joking aside, the Egi's in XIV are ugly as sin, and Carbuncle is not only a popular main series staple since like the second game, its what the job was advertised with when it was first released (Well, Class). Not to mention as early back as XI nostalgia. Carbuncle is just a cute little ball of fluffy fan favorite.

Really not hard to comprehend why people would prefer Carbuncle over a half aborted assortment of Stick figures and Chicken nuggets.
    Have to agree with you here. I'm using the carbuncles because the egis are ugly. Carby is cute. Not gonna lie though, what I really want is that bigass Diamond Carbuncle that anima chick has.

Don't worry though, when onyx carbuncle comes out, SMN will usurp drk as the new angst job.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Doing that instead of Carbuncles would mean they'd need to make a handful of new models and animations, and that is clearly too much work for SE.
    Best part is, Egis exist for most of the Primals and even Triads, it literally would take no work to "port" them over to be usable for players. However as Yoshida said "We don't want to do it, it's not that we can't do it" when it comes to a lot of things.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Edit: Now that I think about it, if the egis looked like the actual primals, I guess spoilers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Edit: Now that I think about it, if the egis looked like the actual primals, I guess spoilers.
    I think the egis fail to resemble the primals they're supposed to be enough that it wouldn't matter too much. Anyway they're cool on spoilers for a lot of other stuff. Like that title that's STILL in the game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep, story wise egis are supposed to only be a fraction of a primal's power. Meanwhile the primals in the story is already a fraction of their actual strength and the Ex versions are the "true" primal, which has no "main storyline" link. Just like the ex version of Triads are Simulations. So they cover their bases well to prevent from doing actual work lol.

In XI's storyline, you're only summoning a copy of them (hence avatar) so it's not like they couldn't do it, it's just Yoshida's whole "it would cheapen and weaken the primal to have multiple versions of ifrit or garuda running around like in FFXI." Meanwhile, there's numerous Eos and Selene's running about, numerous Maggie's and so on so forth. You know similar to how people bitched "DRGs shouldn't have a pet because it would weaken the master" when MCH has a pet (turrets) and it's one of the strongest DPS in the game when the moons align since MCH is balanced around having a turret, similar to ACN is balanced around having Egis and Fairies and most DRGs spend their time dead anyway so its not like their DPS can go any worse than 0.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There's a fair share of people who would rather have the Wind-up primals as possible Egi glamors.

That they'd be an improvement, I can agree with.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-about-elites-.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianFatale
    Sorry but everyone has the right to play any content they want.
    Responses about what you would expect.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So on the subject of colorful rats:

On stuff like Titan, you can place your turret/fairy/egi on a section of floor, and when it gets knocked away, your pet will fly in place and continue to shoot/heal from range.

So what happens if you place Carby there? Does he just stand on the air?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just sits there on thin air. Happens in Zurvan as well.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

wrong thread

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

And we have the right to rant for carrrying your unskilled ass :3

God I wish I had an account sometimes

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    And we have the right to rant for carrrying your unskilled ass :3

God I wish I had an account sometimes
    You're part of the banned committee too? Because your FFXIV account is also the forum account, assuming it's not banned(separately).

Warning: if you post there, you're likely to be susceptible/exposed to a variety of health issues, like major stress(PTSD), dementia, etc.

On 'elites': Old thing. In this game, people are totally not wanting to fail the same trial over and over again.

Of course I don't do trials anymore, but it feels a bit bad, when I'm tanking and it appears that I'm outdpsing both DPS, with my puny DA+SE combo or Delirium combo.

On when healing, there are times that I gun down things faster with Stone III than a DPS.

Bad DPS seems to be a recipe of two things: Poor rotations, and not getting out AoEs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

Cba to login to the OF, but I have the right to play any content I want with whoever I want.

This reply was pretty funny:
    My first response, before mentioning anything else is in regard to your expectation on using a parser. It should not, I repeat, SHOULD NOT, be expected that someone in the party will have one. Because, let's say I am not doing well as a DPS, and someone is parsing it, if I am kicked from the group, for "some reason", and I suspect a parser was involved, I can report the group and have them banned or something else. Regardless of their lacks use of a parser, they are a breach of the terms of service, and if you are caught, for whatever reason, there will be serious repercussions.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    You're part of the banned committee too? Because your FFXIV account is also the forum account, assuming it's not banned(separately).
    Nope. I'm not subbed so I'm locked out of commenting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

While I can understand the frustration, it's not like Soar is a hard mechanic..but then again, running Dun Scaith and how people can't dodge simple shit, people got too comfortable being carried in Sophia Ex.

Cassalot

I'm just shocked Reddit is posting stuff like that. They usually are huge carebears. I approve.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    I'm just shocked Reddit is posting stuff like that. They usually are huge carebears. I approve.
    Open this thread and search for "elitists"

https://np.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...soar_mechanic/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

I’m surprised to see, how a lot of players that I know either after reading this post on the official forums or just hearing some rumors about it believe, that Garo Collaboration is a limited time event.

The problem is that this post doesn’t directly answer the question, whether this event is time limited or not. It looks more like a way to evade giving a particular answer to the question, because all they do in this post is refer to Yoshida’s comment, that he has made before the event even started. And in his comment the only thing that he states is that the event is going to be long.

I would rather heed to the convincing arguments in favor of the event being permanent that have been put forth, for example, in this Reddit thread.

SE is certainly interested in making and keeping an impression that that the event is time limited, to create an urge among players to participate in it while it’s still available. But the way the Garo stuff is actually implemented in the game speaks in favor of it being permanent.

I personally expect that in the end SE will say that Garo Collaboration appeared to be so popular, that they have decided to make it a permanent addition to the game, while it has been designed and implemented to be permanent from the beginning.