1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 356 of 380 FirstFirst ... 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Since it's an additional vendor, I don't think it will be a permanent event. I do think that the spot the current vendor is standing at will become the permanent cross over NPC spot for pvp events. For example when we get a PSO2 pvp crossover event, then a new NPC will be chilling there giving out lightsabers, lightdaggers, and lightpolearms.

I just want a rappy & mag minion

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's possible - though yoshida said they have no time for a PSO2 crossover event because they're too busy with Yo-kai watch stuff..only to come out with a garo event shortly after lol. Oh well. The only reason it's "extended" is because it actually got people into PvP for better or worse so they'll milk it as "content" until 4.0 as there won't be shit to really hold people (who actually do content in this game) long. The 24 man ultima will probably will drop hold over accessories similar to Shiva but will probably be more annoying to deal with than just taking your butt inside of Savage Creator.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Since it's an additional vendor, I don't think it will be a permanent event. I do think that the spot the current vendor is standing at will become the permanent cross over NPC spot for pvp events. For example when we get a PSO2 pvp crossover event, then a new NPC will be chilling there giving out lightsabers, lightdaggers, and lightpolearms.
    Well, the main point of my post is that there is still no definite answer to the question from SE, and it’s still up to players’ speculations.

As to my own speculations, I think that the key element in Garo Collaboration event design is SE’s decision to make event gear the relevant PvP gear (with the highest ilvl and stats) at the same time. I assume that this decision has been made in order to concentrate players’ attention on this event and try to attract more players to it by making an advantageous offering of gear, that that provides both new looks and highest stats simultaneously. It also allows SE to save on creating another PvP gear set (for ilvl 235).

The rest of design decisions: such as in what category to show the achievements; whether to allow storage of event gear in the Armoire – are just the consequences.

I don’t think that SE will remove PvP gear with this ilvl (235) from the game or replace it with a different one (even replacing it with some previously used models would mean a missed opportunity to reuse these models for new relevant gear, with some minor design changes, different textures and color schemes).

As to the Garo vendor (Disreputable Priest), I think that it was worth creating in either case (for limited time or permanent event), just to make it stand out and attract more attention to the event. In the future they could, for example, just add new stuff to it without removing old one (via submenu), or add another NPC and make a permanent spot for the couple (one of which would sell the most recent event gear, and the other one older events gear). I don’t see it as a big deal.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Lost my reply so going to keep is short. Ilvl doesn't really matter and isn't a good indicator since pvp is ilvl capped for anything relevant. Morale has no/low impact so any gains between I180 and I235 is a non-issue.

They may move the npc to the second floor once the event is over and nix the titles and mounts.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Item Level does matter if you're bringing PvE gear into your set, for the purposes of min-maxing secondaries.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Morale has zero effect except in The Fold.

PVP materia also has zero effect, despite even the newest gear literally saying "Materia effects active during pvp only".

I thought they were just being lazy by not removing morale from the gear, and the materia from the vendors.... then they just doubled down on the redundant shit.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4021293
    Red Post

Hello, everyone~

We'd like to give you an update as we've been receiving a lot of requests globally for this.

As this is a long-term event, we want to ensure players have ample time to collect, as well as repurchase these items again.
    For this reason, there are currently no plans to make it so players can store these items in the armoire.

However, we do understand the request and want to make these items available after the collaborative event has concluded, so we're currently looking into making these items available via the Calamity Salvager.
    We're planning to implement this so players will be able to repurchase the Garo-related weapon, head, body, hands, legs, and feet equipment once they have obtained the achievement for obtaining the full gear set of the respective job.

With that said, since the belt and accessories are not part of the requirement for the achievement, you will not be able to repurchase them from the Calamity Salvager.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you enjoy the Garo collaboration for the rest of its duration!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

what the fuck is wrong with them

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As this is a long-term event, we want to ensure players have ample time to collect, as well as repurchase these items again.
    For this reason, there are currently no plans to make it so players can store these items in the armoire.
    Talk about a non sequitur.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

"So, about the inventory expansion in 4.0. Guess why you'll be begging to buy more retainers and Stormblood?"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean seriously, it's not like the Armoire gets much use aside from storing event and seasonal gear.

Would it really be that much of a task to enable storing this Garo gear there? This fucking team of developers, man.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Comments like this are what keep me from resubbing since they remind me how ass backwards this game is sometimes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Good god. I currently have the healer gear sitting in my inventory hoping they'll let me store this shit at some point but apparently not. Their stance on this is nothing short of idiotic.
    I'm just going to trash the pieces you can't see/I don't like after I get the titles, whatever. I like the look of very few of the gear sets anyway.

I almost, ALMOST bought a 3rd retainer to hold the pvp/padjal gear I've been grinding for, but ultimately decided nope, $2 a month is way too much. If it was $1 like I thought it was I would have done it. Fucking highway robbery, this game.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Here is me waiting for the initial AF2 (Allagan Tomestone of Mythology) to be storable

If I cashed it all in for GC seals, and I suddenly decide I want a set, farming it isn't that simple as there's effort and RNG involved, and even uncapped and solo those 3 dungeons are complete faceroll yet (maybe at level 70 if we're powerful enough we can down a boss in 10 GCDs).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I hear you there. I wanted those to be storeable too. Especially if you spent the time to upgrade them to be dyeable, it's a real shame to turn them in.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Enix community rep
    However, we do understand the request and want to make these items available after the collaborative event has concluded...
    Although SE once again implies that the event is time limited, I'm still not convinced. =)

When I see by outward signs that the collaboration is actually implemented in the game like a permanent event and hear some implications that it is time-limited, I'm more inclined to believe what I actually see than what I hear about it.

The fundamental problem here is that running the game is first of all business for SE (which primary goal is to maximize profit by definition). Yet they never talk to players about the game from this point of view. This is even a prohibited topic on the official forums ("Posting about commercial, business, advertising, political, or religious matters" is a violation of Forum Guidelines).

An while all game design decision are made with this primary goal in mind, failure to communicate this to players leads to vacuum which is filled with some PR nonsense, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Enix community rep
    Talk about a non sequitur.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

SE has a long history of taking the laziest option, which in this case would of course be to forget the event even exists because they're busy with Stormblood, then "pretend" to notice it halfway through Stormblood and package its continued availability as a gift to players.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Nightmare%29-o

Quote Originally Posted by Cleftobismal
    \o\ Finding your Sweet Lover (Or Nightmare) /o/

Out of curiosity what would yall think of FFXIV having a match making system to pair up two partners to be potential EB lovers? [When I mean potential, you'll just receive a "hook up status" and if you get along you can advanced into "lovers" till you wish to finally EB]

Of course the matching would revolved around the questions answered and the preference listed (Time zone/Race/Age(?)/Etc).

Even odd ball questions such as:

"Ser Ayermic X Estinien or Sidurgu X Estinien or Ser Ayermic X Sidurgu" (Don't take this seriously. lawl)

I dunno. Seeing that NA is not the only forum board that has a Marriage Hook up thread with over 1million views. It may be worth the investment to put in something interesting. What do yall think? /o/
    I don't know, man.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...de-of-PvP.-Why

Quote Originally Posted by Zhainekyo

PvP gear frowned upon outside of PvP. Why?

Ok, so ive read that pvp gear is frowned upon outside of pvp. For a casual player that does not raid, gearing a job thats not my main, i can throw on a set of 235 pvp gear infinitely faster than i can put together a lore set. I see that materia effects only work in pvp, so thats definitely a downside. But if the stats are weighted overall better for a pvp set than a lore set, whats the problem?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I remember seeing a DRK in the garo shit in dun scaith (not glamour actually using it) and wonder why he was getting utterly destroyed by -everything-.

I know the "casual" players feel they don't have to try and demand SE cater to that laziness in all content design, but it literally takes no work at all to gear up in proper PvE gear..you can literally just buy gil (like they tend to at least on NA datacenters) and gear up in full HQ 250 since lord knows they don't make any gil because crafting is for "elitist pricks" as they say.

It still amazes how when I work on my aether alt nothing but RMT and shit everywhere compared to my main on chocobo where I MAYBE hear an RMT once in a blue moon..business must be good if you sell currency on this game lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...de-of-PvP.-Why[/QUOTE]

I just came back to the game and my highest ilvl was a little over 200.

It took me a couple of hours (with some pre-banked marks) to get a full set of 235... so you're damn right I'll be using that as a gateway set in to the latest content. What's the alternative? Step ladder my way through dungeon greens? 20 hours of aetherochemical research center to get a set of lore gear?

The first reply is blatantly false. But the dude talking about accuracy hit it on the nose...