1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 22 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 357 of 380 FirstFirst ... 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Or skip all of that and just buy a set of crafted gear (gil is beyond easy to make in this game), since Morale does fuck all in PvE content when it barely does anything even in PvP content lol. This is why seeing tanks running content in garo gear, while pretty, makes you useless largely. I love seeing people rip off hate without even trying.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's not like I plan on doing even Alex NM with this shit. Like I said; gateway gear.

Anyway, nothing is inherently bad about the Garo gear except it's lack of accuracy. A tank wearing it isn't gonna be taking any more damage than his counterpart in non-PVP i235 for example. Your complaint seems to be directed at people running stuff in lower than acceptable ilvl.... which I agree, is stupid.

Edit: Morale does nothing in Feast/Frontline. Has a small effect in Fold.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...de-of-PvP.-Why

I just came back to the game and my highest ilvl was a little over 200.

It took me a couple of hours (with some pre-banked marks) to get a full set of 235... so you're damn right I'll be using that as a gateway set in to the latest content. What's the alternative? Step ladder my way through dungeon greens? 20 hours of aetherochemical research center to get a set of lore gear?

The first reply is blatantly false. But the dude talking about accuracy hit it on the nose...
    Does the PVP gear have two secondaries or one? But yeah, good luck doing Midas/Creator Normal in that gear, unless you are a bad no dps healer. Its fine for getting enough gear to be able to farm Scripture, but its really quick to gear up outside of that I never could be bothered doing it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PvP gear has two secondaries and morale.

While farming PvP if you have enough lore or scripture I'd buy some +acc pieces that are ilv upgrades. Should be enough for Creator Normal.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, that makes sense, although I could never be assed farming PVP - I just farmed the normal raid modes

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So having not played since 3.0, is the quickest way to get my gear into a workable standard to do the lesser raids, to do PVP? Because I love PVP anyway but am I fucked with i190 odd gear? Apparently I have 20k PVP points sat waiting already

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Honestly most people are setting i250 or i260 on their farms and even some clear parties now, and the newest 24man requires you to be avg ilvl 235. You should aim to get about 240 as fast as possible. The quickest way to gear up is most certainly buying i250 gear from the market board, but it can be very expensive. You can get i235 through pvp but it'll only give you the ilvls and not actually be great gear for PvE. Another quick option is to spam Weeping City of Mhach since it's freelot and most of the time you will end up with the gear you've lotted on. I've managed to gear a few classes in there by spamming it when I was coming back. Another option is hunting: spend the lore tomes on Eikon gear, spend the centurio seals on upgrading the Eikon gear to 240. I had to do this for my accessories to bump my ilvl up.

As for a quick decent weapon, Palace of the dead will get you an i235 weapon quickly enough. You can upgrade it to i255 with some extra work.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alex normal is currently free from weekly lot now right?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh yeah it sure is, but it can take a lot of runs to get stuff from there. At least with my shitty lotting luck. Mileage may vary. Probably worth a try, but you need i230 to get in anyway.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you already have 20k wolf marks then nothing will get you to full i235 faster than Makai set.

At that point, you can start grinding for scripture. You won't need accuracy to do that, and if you buy accuracy pieces first then you can start doing 24-man and/or Creator.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I pretty much started at i208, jumped up to i233 thanks to makai, some lore, and bought and melded an i250 piece as well, i also have makai weapon, i guess i'll potd with the gf to get the i255.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You could do Sophia Extreme honestly.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I remember seeing a DRK in the garo shit in dun scaith (not glamour actually using it) and wonder why he was getting utterly destroyed by -everything-.

I know the "casual" players feel they don't have to try and demand SE cater to that laziness in all content design, but it literally takes no work at all to gear up in proper PvE gear..you can literally just buy gil (like they tend to at least on NA datacenters) and gear up in full HQ 250 since lord knows they don't make any gil because crafting is for "elitist pricks" as they say.

It still amazes how when I work on my aether alt nothing but RMT and shit everywhere compared to my main on chocobo where I MAYBE hear an RMT once in a blue moon..business must be good if you sell currency on this game lol.
    There is one parked in every place with a marketboard(except housing wards) here on Ragnarok, and then in Idyllshire, there's one that tries inviting people to parties.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Oh yeah it sure is, but it can take a lot of runs to get stuff from there. At least with my shitty lotting luck. Mileage may vary. Probably worth a try, but you need i230 to get in anyway.
    Just remember any full pre-made even in pf bypasses all ilvl minimums.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...raction-to-PVP
    Quote Originally Posted by AmalonStar
    What is the attraction to PVP?

I've recently gotten to wondering about what the big attraction to PVP.

I really don't understand it, myself like are there that many ppl out there that have homicidal tendencies and that's why PVP is so big among players?

I have played the odd game where pvp was part of it and while Ive been out trying to do something like lv I've had someone come and kill me out of the blue, now I don't enjoy having to keep an eye out for some butt hole (trying to avoid using swears lol) that is intend on killing random ppl.

I do get the concept of duels and testing your strength against another player but actually PVP where ppl go around and killing random players they come across I just don't get.

If someone is able to explain this to me it would be great cause just the way I see it those that enjoy killing other players could be the next serial killer in your neighborhood.
    Good to see Jack Thompson subs.

Exceptional.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Jesus Christ...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He probably has not been playing long or he would know why there is a somewhat sudden influx of people wanting to PVP. This game is on a lame trend with content, and PVP is an ongoing thing that is purely sustained by players and further fueled by the sense of competitiveness. It gives people something to do while waiting for desirable content.. it's why games like Aion, despite its unrecoverable release day, live to this day. It's not so much that people have homicidal tendencies.

I personally don't like PVP because being 100% CO-OP orientated, I don't do so well fighting against people. I think back at those years me and my friends played Golden Eye. I was always the guy with like 1 kill while being killed like 50 times, but my friends were having a blast, I found a way to enjoy it myself by being a "Suicidal Maniac". Wait for them to get those and toss Remote Mines at them, or myself and just detonate it. Fast forward 15 years later, neither of us have killed anybody IRL.

tl;dr - Let them have their fun.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not OF, but OF-worthy: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...sistance_ft_a/

Specifically but not limited to:

The stat system in this game is so absolutely convoluted
    good god

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

He's not completely wrong. The stat system is so bad it might as well not even exist.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Haha, yeah it's so simplistic but it's also so poorly done to get around being "too complicated." Not a damn thing was confusing or complicated about "HEALING POTENCY+/-" and "MAGIC ACCURACY+/-" and "Enmity +/-" etc. The gear in this game can support it (PLENTY of slots available) but I guess their $2 chinese servers can't handle it.

...erm excuse me.

PS4 LIMITATIONS!