1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 44 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 370 of 380 FirstFirst ... 320 360 368 369 370 371 372 ... LastLast
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post

This really only applied in expert level groups (or while soloing, of course). Outside of that, the idea of using unconventional builds in a PUG would usually get you swiftly removed; the best case scenario is you have about 30 minutes to prove that you are actually SUPERIOR to a standard build.
    I think it depends on the era. People don't really have that strictness these days. You'll still see specific shouts for certain classes of course got really hard content, but for most everything people don't care as long as you're not leeching.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ It helps that just about every damage class can bring the fucking thunder in this game when played at a high level.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...blood/dgovwl2/

This guy, this post. It really does seem like the overwhelming majority of people who aren't neutral or pessimistic about Stormblood are (unsurprisingly) the glorified chatroom casuals and newfags.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    This really only applied in expert level groups (or while soloing, of course). Outside of that, the idea of using unconventional builds in a PUG would usually get you swiftly removed; the best case scenario is you have about 30 minutes to prove that you are actually SUPERIOR to a standard build.
    I am happy someone understood the point I was trying to make, at least XI allowed people to try new things or unconventional set-ups. XIV is so bad that now the playerbase is divided in 2 camps.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Every time I think of resubbing this thread does wonders making me realize how bad of an idea that is.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's a great idea if you hate yourself and want to waste your time bickering with stupid people over petty disagreements and trying to get through to people so dense it's like slamming your head against a brick wall :D

Lately I've been meeting nice people while farming stuff but there's also like a billion noobs crawling out of the woodwork sneaking into farm and wt parties getting clears, I really don't understand where they're all coming from, there are so many @_@

BG Level

@Silenka: Couldn't I do that at any fandom forum for free?

I really wish I could get hype, but 2 xpans later and the core of the game remains the same since release isn't exciting me

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's a great idea if you hate yourself and want to waste your time bickering with stupid people over petty disagreements and trying to get through to people so dense it's like slamming your head against a brick wall :D

Lately I've been meeting nice people while farming stuff but there's also like a billion noobs crawling out of the woodwork sneaking into farm and wt parties getting clears, I really don't understand where they're all coming from, there are so many @_@
    Whenever SE unlock content, idiots crawl out of the woodwork. If you look at forums like ZAM's XIV forum, you'll see it's largely the "I don't do content yet I have a ton of FACTS (not opinions) about it and it's simply too hard for most of the community, so I wait until they nerf it into the ground and unlock it." type players.

The same people who crawl into zurvan ex farms and seemingly know nothing of the fight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The same people that do Dun Scaith runs where 23 people are dead before Supernova:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._was_the_only/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The last 2 or 3 Dun scaiths I did, either I was carrying my entire party because everyone else was new, or my party was the good one in the alliance and carried the other 2.

Yeah, I know that feel. I guess it must be because of the unlock.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I want to see what happens if we don't kill the gate/kill the gate in time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...w_my_love_and/

holy fuck

Saving the OP as an image because this smells like ye olde e-girlfriend drama (just like the good ol' days!), and the OP will probably realize this thread was a bad idea.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I want to see what happens if we don't kill the gate/kill the gate in time.
    Generic auto wipe, seen it twice lol.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post

holy fuck

Saving the OP as an image because this smells like ye olde e-girlfriend drama (just like the good ol' days!), and the OP will probably realize this thread was a bad idea.
    I want to reply to this, but i'm sure i'll get banned or something lol. But i'm pretty sure this girl is cheating on him hardcore with someone close. Keywords involve "grim" "both want to work it out", that's usually code for "i want to be friends, i need someone irl, so i'm cheating on your wack ass and using you for items."

If you're that much of a little bitch of a man to ask online for advice instead of working it out yourself, you need to stop playing the game and find a real girl.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    ^ It helps that just about every damage class can bring the fucking thunder in this game when played at a high level.
    It also helps that content is so ridiculously easy it really doesn't matter if you bring a class that is out of the meta, or if you bring a player that can't bring the thunder.

If the content was back at Gordias level, then people wouldn't say that every dps class can bring the thunder.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

holy fuck

That's all i could come with

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...e_and/dgs1rt9/

Or This

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...e_and/dgs1xky/

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Second comment is the most real comment to come out of this from the cesspool of white knights.

BG Level

holy fuck

>Girlfriend in this game

Had to cringe right there

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Second comment is the most real comment to come out of this from the cesspool of white knights.
    Knew i knew that username