1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -1 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 377 of 380 FirstFirst ... 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to rip some heads off in a 100 member roleplaying community. I couldn't imagine running a subreddit with 125k subscribers and tens of thousands of active users.

Art whores should be limited to certain days of the week so that they come out at once and the best (Which are truly good) can sit atop the bad.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Art whores should be limited to certain days of the week so that they come out at once and the best (Which are truly good) can sit atop the bad.
    Agreed. This is a major issue on most gaming subreddits, and the answer is almost always what you've described. Weekly fanart megathreads and/or allowing fanart threads only on a certain day of the week.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't really get why people have such a big problem with art. There's usually only one fanart on the front page and a lot of the time there is none on the front page. That one piece of fanart on the front page might get a bunch of upvotes but its not frequent enough that its a problem imo.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

And I don't get why people who like fanart want it to be mixed in with all the other stuff. There's a ffxiv fanart subreddit. Both fans and haters of art should want it all put there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Probably because artists feed off of praise and recognition and they get more of both by posting in the main reddit, which more people are going to see by default.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    I don't really get why people have such a big problem with art. There's usually only one fanart on the front page and a lot of the time there is none on the front page . That one piece of fanart on the front page might get a bunch of upvotes but its not frequent enough that its a problem imo.
    Erm what? That's horseshit. Just wait until the Expansion comes out and you'll see the hoards of them. And its not just fan art - its image content in general (including shitty reposted screenshots, or someone celebrating something) - image content is far easier to consume than video and discussion based content, meaning that it drowns out everything else upvote wise. Its a reddit problem that most sensible subs get around by... limiting image contents.

Filters would be a good compromise - but the issue with that is threefold; You can't use them on mobile clients, items are often mislabelled and they aren't very discoverable.

Then there's the people that use /r/ffxiv as advertisements to get commissions, which is self promotion and against the rules of reddit. That is why they don't want to go to megathreads or the fanart sub. Just wait until you realise why any discussion thread gets instantly downvoted too...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

When I made that post there wasn't even one on the front page (there is one on it now). Its a not a problem. The art specific subreddit is pretty dead too.

Expansion will have a ton of screenshots ofc but I doubt there will be a ton of fanart of expansion stuff all over the front page. There wasn't a giant fanart boom when HW dropped.

Reddit is a terrible place for discussion anyway. The upvote/downvote system just creates a hivemind and anyone who disagrees get's their comment hidden even if they aren't wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How many speculation threads about mechanics do you want? What the duck else is there to talk about lol what has there been to discuss for the last 5 months?

Could not care less about art and screenshots on the 14 subreddit

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    When I made that post there wasn't even one on the front page (there is one on it now). Its a not a problem. The art specific subreddit is pretty dead too.

Expansion will have a ton of screenshots ofc but I doubt there will be a ton of fanart of expansion stuff all over the front page. There wasn't a giant fanart boom when HW dropped.

Reddit is a terrible place for discussion anyway. The upvote/downvote system just creates a hivemind and anyone who disagrees get's their comment hidden even if they aren't wrong.
    Its a content lull. People don't give a shit about the sub 1 month before the expansion. Go look at the traffic amounts. Then go look at the vote amounts that image posts get compared to everything else. Not just discussion threads about mechanics - everything else gets ignored and downvoted. You are right about the upvote/downvote system - but ffxiv in particular is far worse than other subs of the same size. There's a lot more vote manipulation going on in that sub. That then gets affected by the image post bias that reddit has because of how easy the content is to consume and then you'll find that the subreddit just gets filled with shitposts.

There's a reason its on the top 10 filtered out subs from the frontpage with such a small subscriber base (compared to other games). Image posts in general are a problem.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...arty-Dismissal

Quote Originally Posted by ieyasu63
    {PUBLIC SERVICE ANOUCEMENT} Unfair Party Dismissal

Hey Everyone, Just a PSA;

So I was unfairly kicked from a Coils of Bahamut Turn 5 party yesterday for politely suggesting an alternative strategy for the dive bombs. I filed a report to the service desk only to be met with a series of pre-written stock response that did not once address the issue or me directly.

I recently paid the ridiculous $20 world transfer fee to be in this data server and when I told them that I feel that the issue is more prevalent on this server and request for them to return my fee, they completely ignore what I said and left the conversation.

I have been a lifelong final fantasy and square enix fan but their customer service/support is notoriously convoluted, disingenuous and incompetent. So this is the last straw I am unsubscribing to the service, they never going to make another penny off of me again.

This company/game needs to realize that their unethical business practices and the poor customer service will catch up to them one day.
    I think this speaks for itself.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sometimes you just gotta take a flamethrower to the snowflakes.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Official Forum fail thread: This game wasn't meant for alts.

If it he claims what he says is true, in his defense, he was suggesting the correct strat to avoid divebombs (stack in ditch, run up in sync), but damn you can't expect people to do strats like that anymore. Otherwise the guy is a fucking moron, i would just move on and create a pf at this point.

Edit: I never knew about the "difference in playstyle" rule, so being able to kick someone for bad dps, or refusing to dps as a healer is a valid thing because it's "difference in playstyle"? God damn i'm all in.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't realize there was a strat that wasn't stack in ditch

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess the question was:

Was it a WT party?
    Was it ilvl synced?
    Did he land in a mentor roulette party?
    Was that post from 2013?

So many questions lol

edit: I don't go in the ditch anymore. I go on a job that can stoneskin, shield up, and chill in the middle, while amusing myself with the various ways people get thrown to the wall

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I didn't realize there was a strat that wasn't stack in ditch
    Its called run Twintania unsynced and kill before divebombs. ;D

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had an unsynced T5 where Twintania died offscreen (because LV60 DoTs were terrorizing her).

We stood around for five minutes while the game tried to figure out what to do. Eventually we were awarded a win.

Yeah, we had a T5 unsynced where we killed it before it even leave the arena for divebombs.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

At least it's tagged as comedy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can't figure those people out. One minute they are kissing his ass over RDM and SAM and the next minute, holy crap yoshidawtfman?