1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 378 of 380 FirstFirst ... 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Ever since the BS with 3.0 > 3.1 a lot of people have "woken up" but they eventually forgave him.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...mbered-patches

This thread for example, people willingly overlook precedence with blind hope and optimism even to the point of defending how "Dungeons are boring, but PoTD is the best thing to ever exist" which further proves this playerbase prefers to be lazy than actually learn how to play the game.

The dungeons aren't stellar but fuck you still have to do at least SOMETHING compared to the PoTD that people run, especially 51-60 floor spams.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well they can be boring, since DF always selects the same ones over and over again, with a few odd-ball dungeons here and there. ForeverSatasha, ForeverTotorak, ForeverVault, ForeverDarkHold, SometimesAnyOtherDungeon. Not including Expert because there's always been 2 lol, but when Fractal and Nevereap were released: AlwaysReap, AlmostNeverFractal. 50 Roulette, you can hear Keeper of The Lake's theme song before the dungeon even pops up - like your brain knows before you see it. That's been my complaint with the DF system. One of the perks I had while being a tank is that I could run dungeons I haven't ran in MONTHS due to DF. DPS unfortunately can't just queue for say, Pheros Sirius(normal) as that would take hours of waiting. :/.

PoTD - it just does what DF tends to do but only worse: create bad players.

I've always said there(before I was banned lol) don't get your hopes up and not have high expectations. People though forgive this guy as you said, and all is good. Until he does something people didn't expect. Then you get contradicting posts/threads all over the place. It's probably what annoys Yoshida the most - he can't everdo right by the community no matter what he does.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For the levelling dungeons, they should reduce the HP by 50% for each mob, make it POTD style. Levelling dungeons are frustratingly boring for these factors:

- Long
    - Each pull/kill takes a bit of effort to kill
    - Higher level players are neutered, especially if you end up in Satasha
    -- The above 2 factors multiple the frustration as I 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 the mob to death
    - The rewards are piss poor. 5 scripts for 20-40 mins of my time? Fuck off.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The 1-2 1-2 1-2 is, IMO, the worst aspect. Its hard to convince new players to join, knowing that I'll have to tell them that early combat basically boils down to 1-2-1-2-1-2 for a pretty long part of the game.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Yeah, I almost didn't give ARR a chance after trying the beta because of how boring lancer was in the test because of that problem. Luckily I stuck with it, but I'm sure there were plenty others that didn't because of how limited you are early on.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It was somewhat limiting in WoW too, but buttons had low cooldowns. And mobs don't take 20 iterations of the same cycle to die.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    For the levelling dungeons, they should reduce the HP by 50% for each mob, make it POTD style. Levelling dungeons are frustratingly boring for these factors:

- Long
    - Each pull/kill takes a bit of effort to kill
    - Higher level players are neutered, especially if you end up in Satasha
    -- The above 2 factors multiple the frustration as I 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 the mob to death
    - The rewards are piss poor. 5 scripts for 20-40 mins of my time? Fuck off.
    Getting Sastasha as scholar is the freaking worst.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sastasha (and almost every other low-level dungeon) as SCH was amazingly great compared to virtually every other job. You can turn Cleric Stance on, then de-equip it and replace it with Aero. Now you are a fulltime DPS with a healturret and you have one more DoT than SMN. Oh, and you're on a healer queue!

Eos as a LV4 summon pretty much breaks the game sub-30.

it's very boring to me. thats why i get frustrated with level sync overall, missing so many tools, its just not very interesting or satisfying gameplay.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Certainly agreed, but SCH has it less bad than most.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pre-Bane bores the fuck out of me on SCH in dungeons.

Was actually kinda hoping they would either give more lower-level AoE options, or reduce mob HP as suggested to make earlier-level dungeons less a chore to run with the 'average' DFer.

Another swell way they can nerf the old content is just throwing a 3rd dps slot in there. I know they won't but that's be my ideal solution.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What about allowing any skills you have that are above the cap of the dungeon but maybe doing a percentage of their normal potency? Also, devil's advocate, but if you want to make them like potd why not just do potd?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...aler-to-DPS%21

This whole thread. Some good responses (aka people with a brain) but my take away:

There's going to be a lot of optional healers in my parties once I'm queuing for DF lol. I mean, the debate exists in the JP community too but they know if you have NO REASON TO HEAL you can DPS. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept in the NA community.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So how long til people use this as an excuse to be a lazy fuck you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post

This whole thread. Some good responses (aka people with a brain) but my take away:

There's going to be a lot of optional healers in my parties once I'm queuing for DF lol. I mean, the debate exists in the JP community too but they know if you have NO REASON TO HEAL you can DPS. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept in the NA community.
    Ah. Debating nerds on the offical forums over healers dpsing. Tale as old as time. 587 replies in less than 24 hours, what the hell.

I don't under their position. Do they feel the community is being pricks for encroaching on their alt tabbed time? In their ideal world if I they a low dungeon on scholar, am I perfectly entitled to touch themselves, altabbed while their pet does all the work?

I think the game is overall worse if you don't dps as a healer, otherwise you'll probably not really understand the fights, the only bits you'll know is where to stand so you can tunnel vision your party frames.

Tanks should just afk once they have enough an enmity lead, their job is just tank, anything else is just excessive I guess.

Good god that thread. Every time the subject comes up it boils down to someone being lazy and saying "well it's my $x/month." That argument was bullshit a decade ago in XI, it hasn't stopped being bullshit.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

I have actually met my daily posting limit in that thread alone, and that is a first for me.

It was entertaining for a while, but at this point I am just exhausted.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Because people are lazy

Quote Originally Posted by missybee View Post
    I have actually met my daily posting limit in that thread alone, and that is a first for me.

It was entertaining for a while, but at this point I am just exhausted.
    You have the patience of a saint.