1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -32 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 380 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Who the fuck started that trend anyway? It annoys the shit out of me.
    First time I heard it used like this was in regards to LoL and Dota players causing a "toxic" environment with all of their hate speech and whatnot. Its been adopted all over the goddamn net now.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Don't even waste your time with the moderation. It seems if someone decides to bitch move and report you, they take action regardless of validity. I've seen enough threads where people say vitriolic things and get away with it to realize that the mods are a joke, the criteria for bans/perma-bans are arbitrary and XIVs forums are shaping up to look like the shit of every other MMO on the market.

If SE is looking at their forums, half the largest threads are TORtanic/XI vs. XIV/THIS GAME SUCKS related.
    Perfect example here.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1570846
    well, some people have no life.. and MMO's attract alot of EMO's , cutters and disturbed individuals.
    If this guy doesn't get banned then the mods are pants on head retarded.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1565467
    really... your a joke.
    This too.

Sorry about being a bit off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Alt thread keeps getting better and better.
    also alts are for rp
    Why do people in this game (but mostly on the OF i guess) feel like they need to constantly dictate how others should play? "No, you shouldn't send /tell in dungeons!!" "No, you shouldn't speed run" "No, you shouldn't level alt!!"

Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Those are bad healers trying to DPS, and used as "evidence" that the practice shouldn't be done.
    Pretty much. I mean, fucking Eos can keep everyone up, I forgot the last time I actually genuinely healed WP. (last boss aside)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Someone just went full retard

So I guess that means you'll take a healer for Twintania that dpses in AK but can't heal progression for crap versus a healer that doesn't DPS in AK and is really good at doing their job where it counts.

Before you scream false dilemma on that, what you're essentially arguing is mastery vs. performance, and I can turn it around on you and say if the dungeon is completed, who cares whether the healer was DPSing or not. It's about mastery, not performing objectives right? Therefore the good healer is the one that shows mastery over non-trivial content. And to pre-empt your final argument, no it's not the one that shows mastery over difficult progression and dpses in AK, hard content skill disparity doesn't work that way. The guy who is in the 0.01% of healers on progression is your good healer whether or not he dpses AK. But you can totally take the guy that's in the top 10% of healers that you KNOW dpses AK, since they're both masters at raid healing, this guy is better right?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Ifrit's too hard!

So Ifrit in hard mode is not too hard, unless you have a bad group comp. and by that I mean if you have two warriors or no SMN/BLM. I really do think they need to fix this fight. It might just be lower geared groups not having enough DPS to beat him on his nails, but the Fact you almost always have to have a WAR and PLD or you wont be able to win. I mean is it just me or is that alittle silly?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lol that thread is wonderfull. having a great time at work.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    Why do people in this game (but mostly on the OF i guess) feel like they need to constantly dictate how others should play? "No, you shouldn't send /tell in dungeons!!" "No, you shouldn't speed run" "No, you shouldn't level alt!!"

Fuck off.
    But it's their £8.99 a month!!!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    this actually made my brain melt

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    From the same poster:

People have made the point that a good healer is one who DPSes in dungeons. That is assumed to be stating otherwise by virtue of the metric chosen to judge what a good healer is. It requires there to be a correlation to DPSing in dungeons and true skill in healing progression content, because no one in their right mind is going to argue the latter is not a more important metric by which to judge a good healer. If they are discrete metrics, which is the final possibility I addressed in the first post on this argument, then one being trivial and one not being trivial means the progression metric will always hold more weight than what you decide to do in AK.

And finally, to address the possibility of them being analog states, I differentiated between the skill levels of someone who is typically in the .01% of progression content versus someone who is in the top 10% to prove that skill metric is on a gradient. The cream of the crop on a non trivial metric will always be more valuable than the cream of the crop on a trivial metric, assuming they are not objective based or analog metrics.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

queue "everything in the game doesn't work by fucking math" nerd

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And finally, to address the possibility of them being analog states, I differentiated between the skill levels of someone who is typically in the .01% of progression content versus someone who is in the top 10% to prove that skill metric is on a gradient.
    Jesus H. Christ, do people actually talk this way about a VIDEO GAME?

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Jesus H. Christ, do people actually talk this way about a VIDEO GAME?
    If they have severe autism then sure.

Or maybe he just figured out what the word metric means.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

@Carth: I'm speechless over that one. I feel like the guy honestly believe his "compelling argument" completely flipped the script and showed that he was in the right.

How very sad for him.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sound like a math major who graduated college and didn't find a job. Lord knows if he actually used his brain at work he wouldn't give a shit about the math in a video game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    @Carth: I'm speechless over that one. I feel like the guy honestly believe his "compelling argument" completely flipped the script and showed that he was in the right.

How very sad for him.
    The attempt at looking smart only made him look like an idiot. I'm still laughing about it after 30 minutes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I pray that I never will or never have sounded that much like a pretentious jackass.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I don't have the link anymore but some guy saying placing fairy is lazyness

Since when doing more stuff = beeing lazy?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, a majority of ppl wouldn't be bored if they didn't cheat using Youtube, but instead used their brains to actually say, figure it out on their own. Probably that's expecting too much.
    http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/i'm%...7baf3-1686.gif

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Ifrit's too hard!
    You know the funny thing. I did a DF Ifrit a while ago on Bard and we had a similar configuration. 2 Warriors, 0 mages, no communication. We won first try. Lol OF.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 380 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast