1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 43 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 380 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    The main poster is one of those guys you daydream about - a good player who will join random TitanX PF to help out (and by extension, sometimes dragging some of us along with him cause we're bored then we end up carrying randoms for free). He's also completely right that DPS don't get called out for being bad or are pushed to improve. We make fun of pug DPS all the time with one simple metric: are you above or below the tank in dps?. It's.. sad how many fail that benchmark, though we keep that to ourselves not like we spew that in game chat.
    While I can agree with you to some extends, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy McNuggets
    Get a parser, guys! Even if you're not a DD. It will do wonders for your own improvement and understanding of the game. Who cares if it's against the terms of service? If you're paranoid about it, just don't talk about it in game. Otherwise, don't be a dick about it and you'll be fine.
    I mean really? To me its like, lets say SE add HNMs again such as those we camped in Dragon's aery and that guy come and say "Hey men you wanna claim? get a bot!" Because who care if its against the terms? And what is the point of self improvment if it can get you in trouble? lol

Someone telling someone else their DPS is low is no different than someone telling a tank he needs to hold aggro better or he's not tanking the boss in the right spot. This whole notion that parse results are nothing but toxic epeen-meters has got to go.
    He's totaly right here, but how many people know which words to use in order to make constructive criticism and who is "open minded" enough to receive good criticism and take it as it is? I think in the last 5 months we've seen where this is going, and we know that for now its not going in the right direction. And no one to a very little amount of player use parser to self improve, most of the time its to brag about their number & belittle others.

Goddammit everyone, just learn to play better. One of the most polarizing behaviors of MMO players is their obsession with loot. All players tend to spend a lot of energy focusing on their gear, reseraching/discussing upgrades, and figuring out what's best-in-slot, and yet some can't be bothered to learn how to improve their technique and better understand their own class. Technical play is a greater limiting factor to your DPS output than the quality of your gear. Shame on you for foaming at the mouth over the tiniest statistical upgrade when you're only doing 60% of what you're capable of because you don't care enough about improving your technique. Get your priorities straight!
    And then it come to what I just said above "Learn to play better" its sad because while he raised some very valid points he totaly self contradicted himself using wrong words which made him look like an elitist fag.

Its sad to use "Learn to play better" as the 1st phrase of his conclusion, I am not asking sugar coating but this is what turn people off the way of self improvement when they're told to do so.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm pretty new at end game shit, and whenever I've made/joined a PF party that has the words "learning/practice/patience" in it, we end up disbanding because we don't get enough players. Now I just don't put any description in the title or just join DF and hope we get through enough of the fight to learn the mechanics.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-of-Promathia

Fuck you comparing xiv to cop

Cop was the shit
    You do realize the OP is saying it IS NOTCoP right? He's saying it's Rise of the Zilart era in XIV currently. That's what pre means in pre-Chains of Promathia

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yeah i miss read that link like i usually do

It is still dumb kinda to compare it to any version of XI

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    While I can agree with you to some extends, but:

I mean really? To me its like, lets say SE add HNMs again such as those we camped in Dragon's aery and that guy come and say "Hey men you wanna claim? get a bot!" Because who care if its against the terms? And what is the point of self improvment if it can get you in trouble? lol

He's totaly right here, but how many people know which words to use in order to make constructive criticism and who is "open minded" enough to receive good criticism and take it as it is? I think in the last 5 months we've seen where this is going, and we know that for now its not going in the right direction. And no one to a very little amount of player use parser to self improve, most of the time its to brag about their number & belittle others.

And then it come to what I just said above "Learn to play better" its sad because while he raised some very valid points he totaly self contradicted himself using wrong words which made him look like an elitist fag.

Its sad to use "Learn to play better" as the 1st phrase of his conclusion, I am not asking sugar coating but this is what turn people off the way of self improvement when they're told to do so.
    What I'm getting from this is "He is right, but I disagree anyway because he is not using words I like."

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by gaogaostegosaurus View Post
    What I'm getting from this is "He is right, but I disagree anyway because he is not using words I like."
    You know as much as I do, that anywhere people just don't really care about what they say to each others (especialy on DF and PF) because there is a low chance to encounter the same people again and because its anonymous.
    This being said, everytime someone will make a criticism it will either start by:

You're a fucking idiot you didn't do X that way!

or

You're a fucking noob and you're gimp

or

Well basicaly anything starting with "you're a fucking."

You also know that a proper word choice can solve or enrage any bad situation, so he's right when he say that people in general doesn't use their job to the full potential and thats why I agree with Ellatrix, but sadly the people wont read his mind when it come to his intention and when they will read "Learn to play better" obviously all the good thing that were said will dissepear because we're human after all and all we do is to focus on the negative side of everything even if its 10% out and the 90% are positive.

You can think that I am asking sugar coating but the thing is, tomorrow you go to town and you get in an argument with someone for X reason, you don't know who the person is and you will behave because who know? The guy could be a psycho and fuck you badly. These insulting people, I am 999999999999% sure that no one of them (or a very few) ever act like that outside by fear of seeing their face wacked badly.

Why not go to the person and say "You know, I think you could improve your DPS/tanking by doing this...blablablabla" ? Its no sugar coating or dick sucking, its an adult conversation. Wheter the other person is receptive and thanksful or not is not your problem, ofc its offending but at the end of the day you offered help politely and it was refused, what can you do? bad will remain bad.

Back to the OP:
    He also suggest you to go against the terms and conditions to improve (which is retarded,) but what good will it make if tomorrow it get you banned? I mean, we can start here and go far using his reasoning.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

are you really fighting over internet rage and how people would not act the same outside the web? really...

also your 999999999999% is wrong. Due to there being at least one asshole in the world.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    are you really fighting over internet rage and how people would not act the same outside the web? really...

also your 999999999999% is wrong. Due to there being at least one asshole in the world.
    No one's fighting about net rage, I would call that an exchange of opinions, so you may want to reread my post.

also my 9999'% is about me being confident on my opinion, not the % of asshole worldwilde, as I used "I am sure that" and not "Its a fact," still thank you for contributing and answering.

Ontopic of my posts: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-unbelievable.

Thats funny I was browsing the OF and found this one just to illustrate my post/use it as example.

What Denzel posted, I witness it nearly every days, toward who doesn't matter, the fact is that we jump at each other throats for nothing. That MRD asked for advice & he got harrassed, do you think he will look forward to ask for any more advice later after this experience? While 1-2 ppl were defending him the negative part will still have an important impact.

The good answer here (if there is one) would have been "I think you lacking of your job is going to impact on our party, it could be a good thing to start working on it once you're done here. " see? word choice.

And yes my point is valid, in RL you are uncovered so you're definately more carefull, you wouldn't go into someone's party to mess up with people or insult them because you know the outcome to that would not be in your favor.

You wouldn't go to someone in the street, who wear something you dislike and tell him what he's wearing is trash/gimp because you don't know what would be the outcome either.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

But your percent is wrong. Your confident in something that is false. By Hay to each their own.

Also just because I might not do it does not mean my as asshole friend won't.

Friend of mine in college made it a game to himself to steal something from every party. And yes he's a ass in game too(or was in11)

Point me that over 100% you stated is proven wrong.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    But your percent is wrong. Your confident in something that is false. By Hay to each their own.

Also just because I might not do it does not mean my as asshole friend won't.

Friend of mine in college made it a game to himself to steal something from every party. And yes he's a ass in game too(or was in11)

Point me that over 100% you stated is proven wrong.
    My arguments are wrong cos one person you know is an ass? But that good because its your opinion versus mine. I'll give you that my % is wrong, especialy cos it was made to be over exagerated.

But I am sorry, the way people talk to you will define if you will listen to them or not, which is a fact and its what I am saying.

IG you're anonymous so the insult is easy and on top you can BL the person to make sure that you wont encounter them again (if on same server), RL you could go insult anyone in the street because you think "Gosh what he's wearing is aweful, he's gimp" and then find out that this guy's a lawyer/judge/policeman ready to make you bite dog shit because he know how to use laws in his advantage or again a psycho who could fuck you badly. You never know so you will avoid it.

My point here again is as valid, you don't know the person you're talking to and this anonymousity protect everyone, it could be an emo lolita or even a guy ranked in the US army who could whack your face in no time, you don't know.

If we were not so anonymous everyone would behave and be more careful when talking to each others. This is again a fact, even if you decide to deny it.

General human behavior:

We tend to fight/bully someone if we know that we've a chance to win or we know to have a slight/major advantage (I.e: Physical condition, group of friends to support us, or even unknow ppl sharing the same mind.) What if tomorrow you talk badly to someone and then the next day you're facing them alone in a silent place, both knowing the exchanges you had?

1) It will be the emo lolita and you wont care and/or probably keep being a douche to her because (you think of being in the advantageous position.)
    2) It will be the US army guy who's been trained to endure war fields and to close quarter. Wonder what will be your reaction there knowing the advantage might not be in your favor.

My percent might be wrong, does not change the fact that in situation 2 you will wet your pant and hope for a peacefull talk.

I personaly rarely engage into insulting someone IG, because I don't know who the person is. It could be a soldier on permission who will be sent back to whichever hell he came from, thats not fair to insult him when the guy might be putting his life on danger to fight for a cause while I am debating over pointless piece of pixel, the guy is fighting cos he believe what he does contribute to my everyday's peace.

Its his choice maybe, but if he don't do it who will? Probably not you.

It could be someone depressive, handicaped/physicaly impared, ill with cancer or any nasty illness. We don't know.

Inb4: they should not play a MMO blabla, this have been proven several time to be the wrong answer.

BG Level

yawn

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Lol you know it

BG Level

Well fht is French so he doesn't know when to stop

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Well fht is French so he doesn't know when to stop
    You must be French yourself too then.

BG Level

You must be French yourself too then.
    Nope I'm Canadian French difference

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nope I'm Canadian French difference
    Oh yes sorry its even worse. Esti! =D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dr Phil post on these forums or Harvard students are really bored atm...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I can't believe no one picked out this little gem. Actually, I can, because of how shitty all of his posts have been in general, but still.

Are you really trying to make a slippery slope argument that parsing leads directly to claim botting? Are you just intentionally being retarded, or do you genuinely not understand the massive level of difference between these two?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I can't believe no one picked out this little gem. Actually, I can, because of how shitty all of his posts have been in general, but still.

Are you really trying to make a slippery slope argument that parsing leads directly to claim botting? Are you just intentionally being retarded, or do you genuinely not understand the massive level of difference between these two?
    I honestly don't think this is totally wrong, because it's always a problem when you start entering the realm of "you have to have this to play" when "this" is not on the default client or (worse yet) is not allowed to be used. Which on a very, very simplified level is what happened with bots in Aery.

Obviously, the similarity ends there because using parsers properly helps you and helps everyone else, regardless of who (or how many) is doing the parsing, whereas using a claim bot properly screws over everyone that is not botting. But FHT probably didn't think that far, because he was busy making the rest of that retarded post.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The difference is, even if you don't have a parser you can still carry the correct rotations and have just as much, if not better, output than someone with a parser. Camping HNMs in XI was "bot claim or gtfo", seeing as there was no way you were going to legitimately beat the other 15 bots that were there without one yourself. The botters had a distinct and unfair advantage. That being said, while both are against the ToS, it is that age old Windower argument all over again where people will call everything violating the ToS the same equitable amount of cheating. I used Windower for years on XI, and it is a fantastic tool, but I never botted or duped drops or whatever. Point is, parsing isn't hurting anyone. If you get your 10 year old girl-feelings hurt because someone is bragging about how they out-dps'd you, then it's time to get off the internet and play single-player. Otherwise just download the damn program and run it, make yourself better and quit all the QQing.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 380 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast