1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 22 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 380 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The Official Forum fail thread: This game wasn't meant for alts.

Bringing it back. Someone save me.

Thread about game not being alt-friendly (can't mule to alts)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...anics-for-Alts.

highlights:

I agree! Let's let anyone send mail to anybody else. I look forward to the 50k messages from gold sellers.

The game is more or less built around not needing alt characters.
    Considering most people FATE run their alt classes without doin a single dungeon with them, why should we even assume you can be competent at what you're doing on an Alt class?
    Similar thread:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...on-friend-list

Why do you need alts to mule? Between your inventory and two retainers, that should be plenty of space. If it isn't, you're a hoarder. You have a problem and the devs shouldn't be catering to you.
    And just fyi, multiboxing is cheating:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...shed-light-on?

I think it's a form of cheating that facilitates botting and/or abusing rewards for events and other things (get 4 of one thing while others only get 1, because they don't have 4 chars at once). Including just plain farming.
    (same person)

How about multi-boxing for crafting? Macro your craft and press on #1, press on #2, press on #3, press on #4...make 4x the profit in 1x the time...

That kind of abuse.

In Atlantica Online, people openly abused special instances called individual dungeons (from 1 to 3 players allowed). They need a key and stay open for a set duration, under which they have to be completed to get the bonus reward. Everyone in the instance gets the bonus reward. You go solo, you get 1, you go with 3 total, each gets 1. And those instances didn't level sync you, so you could overgear most of them, by far - and thus solo them. Then bring your 2 multibox, and get triple reward. Thus making the honest solo-boxer get 1/3 of the reward.

How did it affect the solo-boxer? Well, the best rewards were sellable (new mercenaries sometimes), for billions. So it gave a much higher supply, reduced the price faster and also caused inflation vs that player because every multiboxer would make more money/time.

Legal, perhaps. Cheating, definitely.

For dungeons, well there's tomes. She gets 300 philosophy tomes per run, you and I get 100 tomes. How is that fair?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXI forums just feel so tame compared to the incomprehensible level of idiocy, fanboyism, and denial that make up the entire population of the XIV forums.

I almost literally hurt all over from brain damage when reading the stupid mind numbing shit people on that forum spew out. Its mostly figuratively, but very close to literally.

I expect good things from this if people can be bothered to fathom the depths of stupid there to bring back the kernels of hilarity we can all laugh at and/or cry deeply over the fact these people are existing in the same society as us.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So, the "DPS Healer" craze.

Started with this topic; OF had a bitchfest reaction to the OP: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...and-here-s-why.

Then someone made another topic in General Discussion for who knows why: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...e-Lazy-and-Bad.

And now it's just a subject that's mock-worthy, I guess: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...PS-in-dungeons

Delve into the stupidity at your own risk.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If it isn't, you're a hoarder. You have a problem and the devs shouldn't be catering to you.
    http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/upload...action-Gif.gif

Almost admire ppl who keep going back there and retain their sanity. I visited the OF's once, dunno what the fuck I was thinking, but I'm never going back again.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

God, yes. This thread needed to happen again. Superior FF community, unite!

The worst part is these people don't get banned but actual sane posters who provide feedback and don't troll or do anything bad will get banned on a whim for no real reason whatsoever.

Want a good laugh, read any post by some guy named "Swishytail" every post he makes is defending SE and insulting someone else, he's never posted anything intelligent.
    I think it's a form of cheating that facilitates botting and/or abusing rewards for events and other things (get 4 of one thing while others only get 1, because they don't have 4 chars at once). Including just plain farming.
    Yeah that schalazeal guy is up there with Swishytail.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Is the OF at Allakhazam levels yet

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    FFXI infamously was denied new jobs simply because the PS2 couldn't handle loading more than a certain number of jobs into memory at once.

Yes, yes it is.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Is allah that bad? I stopped going to that shitfest years ago.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...t-on-it./page8
    Exactly. I personally hope there is a lockout on CT.
    Wow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The OF tends to be great entertainment if you don't think too hard about the majority of the posts there. I tend to dabble in some of the threads sometimes, and the responses can be hilarious sometimes (especially the one about multiboxers being cheaters).

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

How the fuck can people defend lockouts? Is the lack of oxygen having their head so far up SE's ass finally getting to them?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Idk this part was the best for me:

if they didn't cheat using Youtube
    WHAT

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I love all of this.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I hate these threads because they make me remember to read the OF more which results in tears of both laughter and sadness. Damnit, Ksandra.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I hate these threads because they make me remember to read the OF more which results in tears of both laughter and sadness. Damnit, Ksandra.
    <3

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Ksandra you're my hero. I'm still hoping for a gimp/confused thread however...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Random Fail thread in media subforum is basically that.

Why is pussy not censored but burned is?

if it doesn't have a lockout, the hardcorest players will beat it and get every drop form it in the first 2 weeks, then complain for 2 months that it's a 2 day game again.
    More from that thread earlier.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 380 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast