1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 371 of 380 FirstFirst ... 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 ... LastLast
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

if you havin e-girl problems I feel bad for you son

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...hallenge-level.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverquick...
    Coils of Bahamut... and its inconsistent challenge level.

I had been wanting to try the Coils of Bahamut run when I first discovered and picked up the quest at level 50. But got so caught up in Heavensward that moved right on to that story instead thinking I'd get back to it later...

Well lo and behold it ends up zooming me to level 60... and I missed it, so there's nothing for me to gain there...

But I did want to see it anyway as its the connector piece storyline between FFXIV 1.0 and ARR... I had watched the cutscenes on YouTube for 1.0 and found them very compelling. Making me seriously interested in seeing the story for Coils.

I queued up... for hours... never starts up. Wasn't that big of deal anyway there wasn't anything I could gain in there at 60th so never really cared about getting anything.

I hit up my FC and we went in unsynced at about i240+ thinking we'd breeze through it and play it for the story since... well we're not getting anything out of it obviously.

What I did not realize... There are so many insta-kill mechanics in the end fights at times that I seriously wonder how people got through this thing with 50th level characters. This thing wipes parties of 60th level unsynced.

But that's kinda useless given that the only thing you'd go there for now is storyline.... but I do see now why I sat in the queue for so long and no one went in. If this is that hard unsynced... why would anyone in their right mind do it at level 50.

One in the final coil was supposed to be an insta kill mechanic but we were too strong to die this time, and so it only made them invulnerable and we couldn't pass anymore...

So my real question here is...

If you're going to leave Coils of Bahamut the way it is now... just update the thing for level 60th gear and being that the thing is already designed to wipe i240+ parties due to the insta kill mechanics in it...

That or drop the insta-kill mechanics so going in unsynced will at least allow us to play it for story purposes.
    you guys... coil is hard... pls nerf...

pls nerf k...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...hallenge-level.

you guys... coil is hard... pls nerf...

pls nerf k...
    Holy shit just wow. This is a special kind of stupid.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think the only benefit of doubt I'd give him is T11 adds. They CAN be a pain to kill if they merge..but you should be so overpowered it shouldn't even happen.

I always love how largely the XIV community is just..SO DAMN RESISTANT to learning shit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

"Special" is generous. Stark raving idiotic.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...threads/323607

Quote Originally Posted by Vidu
    I dont understand why people even want fundamental changes to the game and are disappointed when they dont get them... I mean, if you dont want to play a game that works like this, why are you playing this game?

I can understand that the lack of more new content to the old features (as in: more character creation for example) is a bit disappointing, but seriously... why do people seem to expect a totally new game? I for one am happy with "more of the same formula" - if I want something breathing take new, I buy a new (and different) game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina
    When you want something different than "rehashed" content, you're basically asking for a new game. So yeah, that kind of demand weighs far heavier on the devs than you are acknowledging.
    ahh man..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Could understand that point of view for a game that didn't have a sub and didn't have paid expansions every two years. But when people are paying subs and paying the cost of a new game for an expansion... then people are entitled to feel that their money deserves new content/significant changes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Could understand that point of view for a game that didn't have a sub and didn't have paid expansions every two years. But when people are paying subs and paying the cost of a new game for an expansion... then people are entitled to feel that their money deserves new content/significant changes.
    This. If the game was F2P I wouldn't mind, but with a game that's been out for 3 years and nearing its 2nd expansion it is a letdown the game hasn't tried to really expand on anything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's made worse by the fact we're getting the same content treadmill without anything to relieve the paucity of content (of relevance) in a given cycle until 4.2 (sometime in 2018) at the earliest. That shouldn't be acceptable in a paid subscription MMO with a fucking cash shop and a myriad of other paid options. The most damning thing though is that every even patch it all gets thrown out and we start from scratch again, leaving everything preceeding the most current tier dead and irrelevant. You'd think the dev team would realize that they're incapable of the battle content output they should be putting out with their ever increasing vertical progression model and perhaps seek to remedy this. They're so focused on chasing the "new player" and the most extreme interpretation of "casual" that it must be downright fucking embarassing how bad their player retention rates must actually be under this business model. I don't think expecting that XIV be more than a raidlogging game is even a "significant" change. I'd define it as a necessary change given how poor the shelf life of challenging battle content is in this game, the lack of it, and the cherry on top of the fact the development team thinks casual bullshit like the Gold Saucer is also content to be promoted in the same breath as their serious business singular endgame offering. lol

I mean, I actually had someone ask me if it was worth resubbing for Shistorm and the most honest answer I could give them is that I'd probably only sub for month or two at the end of Stormblood if you don't have a group you enjoy doing Savage with or maybe for a month to do the 4.0 main story; that's pretty bad. There's just not enough improvements coming until 2018 at the earliest to frankly justify bothering to come back if you don't have friendships intertwined with this.

As an aside on their promised new content, given their track record, I have a bad feeling about Eureka being the third installment in the critically-panned Diadem trilogy. I can't really see any point in doing a Relic weapon this time given what they pulled with the 280s just nine days after the Anima line could reach their final stage; i'm not that into glamor weapons.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't know anyone who's gotten a 280 weapon and now that everyone has stopped bothering to do Diadem I don't know that I'll ever know someone who will. Making those weapons gated behind rarity, randomness and having to work together with an alliance of complete randos and trolls made those weapons pretty much unable to see the light of day even for serious farmers. So I wouldn't really count them as an honest-to-goodness eclipse of relic weapons. You're likely to never get a 280 weapon, no matter how much you farm for it, so just make a relic.

I agree with everything else, though. Honestly my big reason for playing is I got friends there; the one who have disappeared along the long empty stretch of HW nothingness will all be playing again come Stormblood, at least for a while. If I didn't have that reason to compel me, I might not play.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm basically at a point in Diadem where I want to just ignore emergency missions. Never actually seen one succeed, but I only really started doing them in the last month or so. I don't even care about the 280 weapon anyways.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I think the only benefit of doubt I'd give him is T11 adds. They CAN be a pain to kill if they merge..but you should be so overpowered it shouldn't even happen.

I always love how largely the XIV community is just..SO DAMN RESISTANT to learning shit.
    Well if all 3 of the adds merge it goes invuln iirc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I'm basically at a point in Diadem where I want to just ignore emergency missions. Never actually seen one succeed, but I only really started doing them in the last month or so. I don't even care about the 280 weapon anyways.
    Yeah after the first day on aether it went to shit. So i don't even bother to do it with my character that on DC as much as I enjoy the endless tier V materia I get from turning in 200-300 spoils a day.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Also:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...XIV-Stormblood

This is why we can't have nice things with datamining.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Also:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...XIV-Stormblood

This is why we can't have nice things with datamining.
    "Hey guys I'm going to tell you something that goes against the TOS but not link it to save my hide"

Good 13 year old logic there.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

To be fair he didn't claim to be the one that made it.

Pretty cool vid too. Saved it off youtube cause I'm pretty sure it'll get pulled.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    To be fair he didn't claim to be the one that made it.

Pretty cool vid too. Saved it off youtube cause I'm pretty sure it'll get pulled.
    Yep, I just never understand people who draw SE's attention to this stuff. Ever since Dr. Mog it forced SE to start scrubbing (mostly) data. Then again, it is SE's fault for trying to stay tight lipped over stuff they shouldn't be. I'm browsing the data myself, it's interesting SE chose to leave these particular ones in...but none of the dungeons unless I just haven't found em yet - so either they still have some work to do beyond proof of concept (which explains why they're always so last minute) or they knew people would mine and didn't want us dragging up 'spoilers' lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

and now all of you are being teases

bear thy links or begone!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    and now all of you are being teases

bear thy links or begone!
    It's been pulled. And yeah I get the sentiment that in general people doing this kind of thing causes SE to clam up; I was just thinking in this specific case the guy posting to OF didn't really do anything derpy...mentioning something's on the xiv reddit front page isn't going to draw SE's attention any more than it already being on the reddit.