1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 359 of 380 FirstFirst ... 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yep, he said based on what feedback they get when they rerelease it in 3.55 (I think) is how they'll shape up Eureka since they said to think of diadem as the "base" of Forbidden Land. Since it's how we'll get relics and such and even hinted at timed spawns similar to HNMs, so it's all in if it gets abandoned instantly or not it seems.
    Oh right, the airship thing.

Sadly most of the FCs I was in when I played were invites from people desperate as all fuck to keep some form of life in their FC.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

4 airships, running diadem parties out of my 2-man fc, feels good man.

Wonder if they will remove the requirement for a fc member to be on the ship this time. Doubtful because of the interface, but it would help me run more parties at once. Too bad alliances don't work properly in XIV.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    4 airships, running diadem parties out of my 2-man fc, feels good man.

Wonder if they will remove the requirement for a fc member to be on the ship this time. Doubtful because of the interface, but it would help me run more parties at once. Too bad alliances don't work properly in XIV.
    what do you mean, alliances in FFXIV work perfectly fine! go into duty finder join an ally and witness a thousand deaths!!!! Working as intended!

you know what would be fun! exponential EXP loss and delvling in ally dutys with the number of times you got KOd!
    (as a side note if i feel sadistic as a healer on a particular day and you piss me off i'll let you die over and over again!!!)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Not really sadistic, when I play healer if you're being a dumbass or can't dodge mechanics I'll let you die, not wasting my mana on stupidity, you better hope and pray my AoE shield/heals/regen(s) save your ass lol.

BG Level

It's amazing how pissy people get in this game over someone not being high leveled in a RNG group

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I do feel for those guys. When I started XIV I wasn't used to the style of play and I was really fucking dumb about playing SMN (the first job I picked). I was a TERRIBLE dps for a long time and only patient tutoring by someone else showed me what I was really supposed to be doing rotation-wise to optimize my dps. I still don't prefer dps because rotations are annoying but I'm no longer bad at it like I was when I started. I simply wasn't thinking very much about my actual dps output because the game doesn't have a fucking parser so who knows? MAYBE I WAS AWESOME! You can't feel that shit out without tons of practice or running a parser yourself.

Recently, I had to teach a SMN in a mentor roulette to use dots. He was spamming ruin with ifrit, and didn't seem to understand that a SMN's dps comes from dots. Honestly, I see a lot of people say "the game teaches you everything you need to know!" but I've never agreed with that. The game is shit at teaching you (though novice hall might be useful, not really sure cause I never did it). The most you get taught through the job quests is what specific abilities actually do, and then they give you a few proprietary solo situations (that you'll never run into again) to use those skills. Nothing about synergy or rotations. All of that stuff you have to look up online or be taught by someone else who already figured out the best rotation - unless you are one of those people who figures it out yourself, but let's face it, that ain't everyone.

New players absolutely do benefit from having their job taught to them, if they haven't done the research themselves. It's just that many people don't feel it's "their job" to teach random new players they'll never see again how to play. But kicking someone who's new for low dps without even telling them why their dps is low and giving them a chance to learn/fix it - that is pretty scummy. I know I didn't realize, back when my smn was terrible, why it was terrible or whether my dps was even that low. It is annoying to have to teach someone that stuff, but I either teach them, leave, or keep quiet and don't complain when I see someone with shit dps in a duty. I would never kick someone for sucking, but I guess I'm slightly kinder than most players.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

These two incidents though. IDK why the 3.2 and 3.3 dungeons aren't ilv capped at 240 but regardless.

Running Sohr Khai (Hard I assume) at ilv202 when you're competing against ilv260+ DPS is just a bad recipe. Your HP is going to be so low that you're going to eat dirt a lot because you just don't have the vitality to survive things. On top of that your output is going to be low (Remember when 1.4k DPS was high?) and I'd put money you don't know your rotation that well so you're going to be performing 700-1000 against the content you're faced with.

There are other means of acquiring gear. How people hit level60 and not done enough Palace of the Dead to at least get a padjali weapon is above me. Especially considering you have dead zones in HW where you have to spam content to get those levels. With the Garo event running there's ilv235 gear you can easily acquire and if you fill your left side slots in first you'll have enough VIT to escape without side glances. Like wtf do they think is gonna happen when they do Final Steps of Faith?

And to the second situation really? Probably wiped to the boss after one of the pods exploded and s/he didn't run to center with the boss when he does his 270 degree conal.

I know a lot of what I'm writing can be boiled down to 'Git gud' but its not like item levels are a damned mystery. You get level90 left side gear. The 2.x MSQ hands you ilv110 gear and there are poetics which give you ilv120 that can be upgraded to ilv130. And people get to see how much of a different going from ilv50 gear to ilv90 gear makes.

Smeh /rant

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In this case I sympathize with the newbies. I mean, I get that people spam certain dungeons because they want to farm Lore or because they run their daily roulette's like a 9-5 job in RL and they just want to get the same task over with day after day.

But I mean if you're playing with new people and it's their first time in a dungeon and they say their new, don't be a dick. Take the extra what? 5~10 minutes and just help them progress.

If you setup a PF and setup a farm party for dungeons or EX primals or whatever and a player lies about how experienced they are, then yeah, fuck them. But in this case, you're queue'ing for dailies, mentor roulette, whatever. Don't be a dick.

TL;DR, Don't be a dick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can agree to that. Though my patience earlier was tested in Tam Tara normal. Working on an alt, leveling up GLA because I'm a psychopath and had an arcanist that summoned topaz. Asked and they didn't respond. So I would flash a group of mobs and let topaz take over.

Eventually a pull killed it and I asked again. Nope. Summoned again.

First demon boss kills Topaz. Summoned again. Second and etc... Mother fucker never summoned Emerald. Even told them to use /ac Summon.

/sigh

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Someone who doesn't know how to multi pull as a tank or do half decent DPS at level 60 deserves to be kicked.

There is a difference between being a dick to new players in low level dungeons, and expecting basic competence at level 60. There is absolutely nothing hard mechanically in trash pulls in a dungeon, and nothing hard mechanically that means you can't do your standard stuff.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Speaking of these topics...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4037404

I like how she always has something to say about content she can't even do. Still has yet to be 60 and HW been out for..2? years now about. I agree that some things doesn't always go hand in hand..however..."more dps = play better" kind of..goes together since if you're actually playing your DPS job as you're supposed to..you'll do more DPS.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I can agree with the above. You should definitely be able to multi-pull by that level. But in this case the guy was spamming "pull all" over and over and over again. So I'm more inclined to lean towards the "don't be a dick" I mentioned earlier. If he has time to spam that, he should have time to be able to write "these mobs are super easy, you can pull more quite safely."

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's her $12.95, man.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-this-allowed

A thread in which the OF manages to whiteknight using a 110 Zodiac weapon in A9N, while lambasting the stat weight of weapons, and how elitist it is to be fucking mad about it when they successfully cleared, you toxic shitlords.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ok that one is just ridiculous.

You definitely shouldn't be able to get in with a weapon like that...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I can agree with the above. You should definitely be able to multi-pull by that level. But in this case the guy was spamming "pull all" over and over and over again. So I'm more inclined to lean towards the "don't be a dick" I mentioned earlier. If he has time to spam that, he should have time to be able to write "these mobs are super easy, you can pull more quite safely."
    That's assuming that even happened. You can say something once and trigger the snowflakes that play that game

I pulled a boss in Sohm Al HM with my alt BLM with an i240 weapon. The tank didn't think he did anything wrong.

Until there are some "gate" quests/dungeons in the MSQ where basic competence is required (i.e. forced to multi-pull, forced to hold aggro against NPC's, forced to do AOE dps to a respectable level and single target dps checks) in class quests, then the game will continue to have a big gap between the lazy fucks that refuse to learn and everyone else.

The issue is NOT what Yoshi-p says in regards to the number of timers to manage and large numbers of skills. Its lazy players, faceroll content and no requirement for basic competence.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    That's assuming that even happened. You can say something once and trigger the snowflakes that play that game

I pulled a boss in Sohm Al HM with my alt BLM with an i240 weapon. The tank didn't think he did anything wrong.

Until there are some "gate" quests/dungeons in the MSQ where basic competence is required (i.e. forced to multi-pull, forced to hold aggro against NPC's, forced to do AOE dps to a respectable level and single target dps checks) in class quests, then the game will continue to have a big gap between the lazy fucks that refuse to learn and everyone else.

The issue is NOT what Yoshi-p says in regards to the number of timers to manage and large numbers of skills. Its lazy players, faceroll content and no requirement for basic competence.
    Yeah, I totally agree with you. I had a similar experience like a month ago that I even posted about a similar situation with a snowflake tank so I can relate. And yeah, those posts were very much from the 'victims' perspective.

BG Level

Reading this makes me glad I didn't switch back to PLD when I came back. I sucked ass at large pulls.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You sprint from one end of the map to the other, when you get to your destination you rotate your cds as needed, I personally start with the strongest mitigation and cycle down while spamming whatever aoe you have for threat/damage. How is that hard to pull off? It is your healers that have it the worst.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

^ is very true/real

On PLD I do Hallowed > Sentinel > then combine the green icon converadeaeararep whatever and Rampart