1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 33 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 360 of 380 FirstFirst ... 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

But .. but ... a healer is supposed to heal ... /s

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I can agree with the above. You should definitely be able to multi-pull by that level. But in this case the guy was spamming "pull all" over and over and over again. So I'm more inclined to lean towards the "don't be a dick" I mentioned earlier. If he has time to spam that, he should have time to be able to write "these mobs are super easy, you can pull more quite safely."
    Yes and no. I've been on both sides of the coin, where I want to pull big groups but can't due to DPS being trash/healers are undergeared. I did an Aethochemical Lore Facility run where my Healer was just too undergeared for big pulls, even though I am way overgeared for the dungeon. Rotating CDs is fine and all, but if their healing isn't up to snuff, then can't.

Also been on the healer end where I'm overgeared AF, but the tank is appropriate/little undergeared. If they don't do their CDs properly, and would most likely not know how if they don't do bigger pulls regularly due to a lack of trust in healers/not having AoE DPS regularly/Is nub, then all the cures in the world won't be able to stop the rape train of the large pull.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Yes and no. I've been on both sides of the coin, where I want to pull big groups but can't due to DPS being trash/healers are undergeared. I did an Aethochemical Lore Facility run where my Healer was just too undergeared for big pulls, even though I am way overgeared for the dungeon. Rotating CDs is fine and all, but if their healing isn't up to snuff, then can't.

Also been on the healer end where I'm overgeared AF, but the tank is appropriate/little undergeared. If they don't do their CDs properly, and would most likely not know how if they don't do bigger pulls regularly due to a lack of trust in healers/not having AoE DPS regularly/Is nub, then all the cures in the world won't be able to stop the rape train of the large pull.
    If you can meet the minimum i-level required to enter the dungeon, you can multi-pull. It was not a gear fault for your healer - your healer just wasn't good enough. But fair enough I get what you mean - a tank may not be able to multipull due to bad healers/dps. But that's not really the same situation - because in this case it was a tank refusing to multi-pull as they didn't want to, not after wiping due to a poor healer/dps.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I knew a couple that haven't played in like, a year(thank God), that if they went healer/DPS instead of tank/healer, and the tank just did big pulls without warning, they let him die on purpose. I mean, I'm vindictive because I let one die during an Ifrit HM with a shitty multi-call Berserk macro, but that's just dumb. They also slow-pulled when they had one of them go as tank.

Also, just because they hit the minimum iLevel doesn't mean they have the right gear. I've had people "cheat" their way in with wrong acc. I've seen tanks in DEX acc, DRGs in INT, you name it. And if your healer can hit the iLevel but have a weapon that's like 3-5 LEVELS lower(in my case with my ARF run), then there's also little I can do, no matter how skilled they are. Weapon damage: The ultimate speedrun gate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Just because you can cheat your way in with the wrong accessories, doesn't mean you should. I wouldn't even say WD is the ultimate speedrun gate. Its called not being retarded. I know because i've recently geared up an alt character. It really isn't hard to do speedrun capable DPS if you're i210+

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

One day people will learn that even if you're new, doing big pulls is better for your group as it means more damage per GCD and better CD effectiveness. If you're level 40+ there's no reason you can't handle at least two pack of mobs regardless of the dungeon. That's not even speedrunning.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I mostly pulled only around 2 groups myself simply because I don't trust my healers/dps. Yeah I know I'm a pussy, but with how bad most DPS are when I played NIN I made it a habit of assuming their brain was swiss cheese

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

From a tank perspective, do a big pull at the start of a dungeon. If you die because your healer sucks, then do smaller pulls from then on. It's the best way to feel out your healer. However, if you do a big pull as a tank and don't pop CDs and then blame your healer for dying, I hate you because I've had that happen to me several times while I was playing healer XD As healer main, I'm always ready for the tank to pull big. You shouldn't automatically mistrust your healer. I'd say the ratio of bad to good healers I've run into was about 50/50. Although it can be pretty awful when you're large pulling and the dps can't kill fast enough...that usually ends up being the issue.

I haven't done many ex dungeons this cycle because there are so many other ways to earn tomestones now. Aquapolis is great for tomestones and loot, PotD practically rains tomestones on you, PVP is more of a thing now, and we actually have dedicated people popping S ranks on Siren so between all of that I have only done the new dungeons a total of once lol. I'm glad for that though, cause having to spam the same 2 dungeons over and over is the #1 way to make me quit the game. I still have PTSD from Neverreap.

I personally have done any expert roulettes since I cleared them for story. I cap scripture just from POTD and bird farming lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How many scripts do you get for finishing a POTD run? I've only ever ran it on jobs below level 60 =X

I've been running expert+trial for an easy 100 Scripts per day + i245 gear for my various non-Drg jobs. Add in finishing random stuff like Dun Scaith, Soul of the Creator Normal, Wonderous Tails, it's super easy to hit the 450 cap.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I can't recall exactly but I think it's 30 scripture, 20 lore and 20 poetics? Maaybe. All I know is that when I'm doing PotD, my cup of lore overfloweth.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

30 each time is pret-teh good. Hopefully this 3.55 update increases the cap to 900 so I can gear shit up a lot easier.

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

51-60 gives 30 Poetic, 60 Lore, 30 Scripture

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I personally have done any expert roulettes since I cleared them for story. I cap scripture just from POTD and bird farming lol
    I capped scripture with light farming last week in A1S. That was pretty fun.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Reading this makes me glad I didn't switch back to PLD when I came back. I sucked ass at large pulls.
    Imagine the joy of a DRK240 just coming back, with an iLv240 weapon when everyone has iLv260+
    I manage it quite well but it is still a pain, esp with BLM/SMN/MCH using iLv275 weaps.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ch-BY-A-MENTOR
    ^OP is a very special snowflake, based on past OF posting history and previous appearances in this thread. As usual, expecting newfags to do even the slightest research on long-obsolescent content beforehand is unreasonable.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...O-MORE-MENTORS

There's more butthurt threads, but you get the point.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So did the community turn even more shitty since I last played?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the shit is just getting distilled.

Also its OF so either you go there and get banned or you're enough of a shithead snowflake to not get banned on the OF.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So did the community turn even more shitty since I last played?
    tl;dr yes.

The sense of entitlement also skyrocketed a bit now that they succeeded in getting yoshi to make savage 'easier' despite them not touching it and can't even fucking handle soar in zurvan ex because god knows they ain't skipping the first one.