1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 348 of 380 FirstFirst ... 298 338 346 347 348 349 350 358 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd sooner believe server infrastructure than ps3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...Static-Killers

what the fuck

Pretty much every one of their posts is indecipherable anger about statics or something, but this one pictured above just goes full retard. I'm not even sure what the fuck the PvP has to do with anything in this diatribe.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So he's saying PvE fails because players don't really want to work together, they really want to fight each other? lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

>Attempting to appeal to the hardcore only works for F2P

Wildstar says hi.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If people wanted full on PvP, they wouldn't be playing this game, there's many options out there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    So he's saying PvE fails because players don't really want to work together, they really want to fight each other? lol
    I think he's saying that 99% of people can't do savage raids so they need to be made ezpz because he can't press buttons.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Wildstar would say hi if its wheezing corpse could manage anything besides dying gasps.

I don't get how the fuck they think PvP will be a 'saving grace' for this game though, XIV wasn't remotely designed for pvp in the first place, it's always been a bit of a forced thing, and 'competitive angst?' This game's primary demographic consists of people who are so uncompetitive they can't even be bothered to pull quad-digit DPS in ilvl 220+ gear, that isn't going to (and really doesn't if you've ever tried even some PvP) change when you start making their opponents other people.

I think ultimately their point is...and if I'm understanding it right trying to piece this shit together is that they only are pretending to care about "endgame raiding," and are...I guess trying to raise a fuss and complain that the dev team shouldn't bother spending dev time on savage raids and instead put it towards other stuff.

That argument stopped having any sort of merit as soon as SE started giving the raids a normal/story mode so I guess this is just a case of 'entitled player upset not 100% of resources allocated to content they like.'

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's the same kind of people who post on Zam/Reddit/FB that says you need statics to even do Ex primals/Alexander Normal mode or storyline quest battles.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's the same kind of people who post on Zam/Reddit/FB that says you need statics to even do Ex primals/Alexander Normal mode or storyline quest battles.
    To be fair, as someone who's been trawling the Duty Finder for poetics bonuses for my already-obsolete-before-I'll-get-it i240 relic, there are days where I would be prepared to entertain the possible truth of that statement.

Titan HM (Weight of the Land, or falling/Landsliding off the edge), Ramuh HM (Rolling Thunder follies, or pushing Ramuh below 50% before adds are dead), Thornmarch HM (apparently tanking the WAR and PLD moogles instead of letting them ravage the healers is so 2014?), anything with "Steps of Faith" in the title (obvious reasons), A8N (a Choose Your Fail Adventure if there ever was one)...the list goes on and on.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I never had an issue with Alex, but yeah, Nidhogg EX I never got past add phase due to slim pickings since I tried to jump on the farm train way too late.

Sephirot EX via DF I don't think we got past 80% since people kept mesding up positioning.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Sephirot EX via DF I don't think we got past 80% since people kept mesding up positioning.
    Guy in my FC joined a PF sephex yesterday, first set of jumps the healer with the marker takes off into the green puddles...

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

bored out of my skull yesterday, old FFXIV account is lost, could get it back but that would take a few days of dealing with Squenix so I decide to just purchase a new key and start over.

having a lot of fun, get my Archer to level 15, good times

wake up this morning, 24 hours maintenance. the day after I restarted and bought a new copy of the game just to do so.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU fail so hard

along those lines, joined recently, trying to finish yokai watch weapons before it ends and having to work full time, got of work early today due to broken fax machines, and... 24 hour maintenence ending a few hours after i have to sleep. oh, and now i have to work a half day on saturday, so i actually wound up losing time to farm. ;_;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    I think he's saying that 99% of people can't do savage raids so they need to be made ezpz because he can't press buttons.
    The truth of the situation and what he's saying are 2 different things.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Here we go again: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...us-Tails-Quest

Disgusting Content In Wondrous Tails Quest
    Idk how to put this any way but extremely rudely bc there's literally no other way to put it but why the FUCK would you make a quest giver an adult man who expresses attraction to a fucking CHILD and this is not even addressed, let alone criticized, by the game narrative??? what the fucking hell is wrong with this localization team???!!! (and SE in general depending on whether the content of this quest differs in the original version)

There is no warning at all for this, there is no criticism in-game, nothing.

There are people (several of whom my close friends) who play this game who are victims of pedophilia, who are traumatized by their experiences, who are going to play this quest and with no warning are gonna be faced with this shit and see that it isn't even criticized in-game. Do you care about your playerbase at all????
    later on someone quotes the actual ingame quest text:

Adventurer
    ...? !? Gods, it really is you! I've heard the songs and tales, but to think the day would come that I'd meet you in the flesh! Whatever have I done to deserve such an honor!? (Drat, of all the days to forget to polish my armor! She must think I'm a total bumpkin!)

Adventurer
    (B-But wait! Dare I ask? N-No, I daren't! To impose on such a hero─oh, but what is the harm in trying? Yes, I must try!) You see, I'm in a bit of a bind. A pickle, if you will. You see, I've just taken on a task of sorts─a task far, far beyond the abilities of a two-gil greenhorn like myself.

Adventurer
    But you! Yes, a realm-renowned hero like you could tackle this monumental task in your sleep, blindfolded and with both arms and a leg tied behind your back! So you'll do it for me, yes? Wonderful! Just head over to Rowena's and tell Khloey-poo you're there to help.

Adventurer
    D-Did I say Khloey-poo? Er, I meant Khloe Aliapoh. That isn't my silly pet name for her, and I certainly haven't been frequenting her shop every day for the past two moons just in the hope that she'd grace me with that adorable smil─er, on second thought, let's just keep this entire conversation between the two of us, okay? Ta-ta!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I wonder if said person complained about Lalafells..topic didn't last long though lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah he started replying often, to anyone posting in the thread, lots of f-bombs etc so was pretty sure that was getting nuked.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3892456

Reading this stuff for the next 9-10 months is going to get old fast lol. Poor people truly believe the game will significantly change after Yoshi already said no.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3892456

Reading this stuff for the next 9-10 months is going to get old fast lol. Poor people truly believe the game will significantly change after Yoshi already said no.
    "just remember that this might hurt more people then help"

If that was the case they wouldn't do it. Logic too tuff ;;

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Me-to-Connect

All the fucking idiots in this thread without the slightest notion of how the internet works, then when it is explained for dummies, they still fail and refuse.
    (and the sheer degree to with which I am an idiot as well for trying to give a basic explanation of the core concept dumbed down..)