1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 7 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 380 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Not sure what's terrible. OP or responses? I don't know enough of coding to know whether the op is wrong or not, but that post was taken from the OF and it sounds like other IT people confirm it to be the case.
    IT people are not programmers... The terms he uses in his post don't exist anywhere or mean anything to programmers.

Latency and cheating has been an issue in online gaming for at least 20 years now.

We can not "fix" latency without time travel, it's a thing, but we do use lots of dirty tricks to hide it.

You can use your own common sense to decide if we have figured out how to put a circle down on a client's screen and see if they dodge it while hiding the latency from them. It isn't even technical or complicated.

As the sever I would already know what time (or frame) the circle would vanish for the client and eventually the client would tell me where the user was standing at that time(or frame). If I waited a good half second or so, I bet I would know where the user was standing when that circle vanished for them.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    IT people are not programmers... The terms he uses in his post don't exist anywhere or mean anything to programmers.
    He said he worked as a programmer for a mmo data center. So idk about that.

And the latency is so much more noticeable in this game compared to others. As you said, there are dirty tricks to hide it, but it seemed like SE didn't bother doing any of those.

As well as being full on retarded putting all the servers except JP in the same spot.

He said he worked as a programmer for a mmo data center. So idk about that.
    I'm Jesus and I get laid 24/7.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm Jesus and I get laid 24/7.
    if ya wanna call the guy out, prove why he's wrong. I have no reason to not believe him. It's not exactly unknown how much se registers server side.

It's impossible to prove people wrong on a forum

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

if ya wanna call the guy out, prove why he's wrong. I have no reason to not believe him. It's not exactly unknown how much se registers server side.
    The guy is neither 100% right or wrong.

For instance, the example he picks is a terrible one, as the client doesn't wait for a server confirmation on jumps. That doesn't really help the point he's trying to make.

How hard is to fix the issues this game has? Nobody can really tell unless they have a clue of how well SE's code is structured and can then evaluate how costly it would be to make such changes.

However we can get some clues from what SE said so far, which basically can be summed up as that they aren't willing to truly solve the issues. I'm not going to try to find the exact statements that SE made regarding this, but I recall them saying the following:

- They had no intention of changing how an action is applied after the animation plays (so I'm guessing we will be stuck with actions that fire without taking effect and actions that don't fire at all).
    - Their "solution" to the aoe detection issue is more frequent position samples in certain instances (this is a terrible way of mitigating the issue that won't really help what many players are experiencing).

Given their unwillingness to address these issues one can only guess that solving them would be really costly for SE. Either that or they are pulling off some Tanaka-level obsession of keeping some things the way they are, but I'm inclined to think it's the first case. Not that it bodes well in any of them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Using IT to define a programmer is like using Medical Professional to define a Neural Surgeon. It's technically correct, but is so broad that it can mean anything.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Relating IT to Programmer makes me think of how my friends mom thought I 'repaired'/'fixed' computers because my major was Computer Engineering.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can easily tell who's an "elitist" in this thread whining that their Allagan (if they actually have one) weapon is the same as a Relic +1.

To be honest I really don't care, 1 is achieved in spending over a months work and doing various different tasks, and the other is achieved after beating a single run of Turn 5.

YES the Relic +1 is easier to acquire but it requires more TIME AND EFFORT to get it! If you "elitists" are crying about this because your T5 Weapon is the same as a Relic +1 and you want a couple stats boosted in order to feel 'better' than everyone else then that's just sad...
    After watching a few videos you can clear it in around an hour, yes it's harder but ultimately you can get Allagan Weapons much faster.
    Getting Allagan weapons only takes an hour! What is everyone waiting for?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ilvl95./page24

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Relating IT to Programmer makes me think of how my friends mom thought I 'repaired'/'fixed' computers because my major was Computer Engineering.
    Funny thing is when I got my Associates in CIS (lol2year, I know) I had someone think I knew enough for game programming or other shit. And no he was serious.

With all the expert opinions around here, we should make a BG video game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Isnt there already one?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Funny thing is when I got my Associates in CIS (lol2year, I know) I had someone think I knew enough for game programming or other shit. And no he was serious.
    People always simplify what they don't know.

I remember going into college thinking I knew a lot about my chosen field (physics), and then the first thing they teach you is that everything is wrong and you start all over.

I also have an associates in programming and, while there wasn't the big moment of "everything you know is crap", it was impressive how much more there was to learn and just how complicated things like modern [gaming/anything] software really are.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol that sounds like elementary math moving up to algebra+. I remembered my HS math teacher tell us everything u learn about subtration is wrong! Start all over! Its a negetive symbol!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

theres the trailers that was joked into maybe being made to one, someday; never

speaking of where is that lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    theres the trailers that was joked into maybe being made to one, someday; never

speaking of where is that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendog View Post
    Isnt there already one?
    With all the expert opinions around here, we should make a BG video game.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Isladar: BITCHES LEAVE

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

lol, the old WOTG trailer music fits wonderfully.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    lol, the old WOTG trailer music fits wonderfully.
    It's almost like it was made to be a shot-for-shot remake of the trailer

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You chose, Dick or Death!! LOL

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ilvl95./page27

Retardation has no limit.. does it? betwin the persons who are unhappy because they thinks that their time invested in relics +1 will be wasted and the wannabeelististpricks who answer, both side are hopeless.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 380 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast