1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 380 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I have been in an instance where there was a Firstname Lastname2, and the regular click on their name in chat log didn't have the subcommands regular-like. The other Firstname Lastname wasn't in the same party. This was back when everyone and their grandma did CM pre-tome adjustments. I would assume this is something to do with programming architecture that SE doesn't wanna tackle to allow /tells, in addition to or instead of "harassment".

e:
    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    This happens when, for example, when 2 Cloud Strifes happen to be on the same DF server but not necessarily in the same dungeon. The 2nd cloud will be Cloud Strife2 in the chat log.
    Yeah, that.

I'm not sure of what you're describing.

Are you saying you were in an instance with someone else and they weren't in your party? I don't see how that's possible unless you encountered a bug or something.

This happens when, for example, when 2 Cloud Strifes happen to be on the same DF server but not necessarily in the same dungeon. The 2nd cloud will be Cloud Strife2 in the chat log.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's an archaic system since a user should have a unique ID instead of purely linking by user name...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ummoner-Rework

Summoner's should summon a scaled down versions of the primals because right now the only pet that Summoner's use at endgame is Garuda since Ifrit and Titan are useless and have no affinity with the Summoner. Also the models were already in the game and the mini primals would allow Summoner's to use pets other than Garuda and solve the problem with of new pets being overshadowed by Garuda
    Ultimately not that derpy, but it's a slow morning.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I don't understand what he's trying to say...like is he implying that people don't use the other Egis because they don't look enough like the real primals?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I don't understand what he's trying to say...like is he implying that people don't use the other Egis because they don't look enough like the real primals?
    I don't think he knows the reason people avoid using Ifrit.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ing-Myth-tomes

I let this topic lie since OP was legitimately asking a question, but some later replies are pretty... OFy.

Now all that being said.

IF you get AF2 Gear or +1 weapon its going to be good anyways. So my advice is buy what the hell you feel like. The only people in the game who need to worry about BIS minuscule advantages over AF2 etc are DDs. I see a lot of statistics used to verify information such as crap like "over the course of the fight thats an extra (x) amount of healing or (x) amount of damage. Everyone on this forum seems to forget that the statistics on this site only represent an absolutely perfect scenario.

What i mean is yes the +1 may give you healing power buff but a small one. While I agree it is the BIS does that mean that you become an amazing player because you have +1 weapon, I think not and when does 30 extra heal ever save anyone.

There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics !.
    Bulls**t baffles brains !.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

queue cue "everything in the game doesn't work by fucking maths"

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Gotta believe in the heart of the cards!

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Walk by faith not by sight little fella

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    It's an archaic system since a user should have a unique ID instead of purely linking by user name...
    At least they programmed their tells to accept two arguments. A majority of the commands are completely fucked because they can't program.

Take /pcmd for example. If you type "/pcmd add Dead Gye" it fails because their command is programmed to only accept one string variable there and the space in the name deliminates it. But if you type "/pcmd add "Dead Gye" it works because that first quotation mark tells their crappy coding to not use the space as a deliminator.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Not even just that, they lack consistency as well. Using your /pcmd example you need quotes around the name for it to work but /tell "Dead Gye" fails because it considers the quotes part of the name. /tell Dead Gye is fine though. LOGIC

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Not even just that, they lack consistency as well. Using your /pcmd example you need quotes around the name for it to work but /tell "Dead Gye" fails because it considers the quotes part of the name. /tell Dead Gye is fine though. LOGIC
    Oh wow, that's right. They programmed tells to only accept two arguments. "/t "Dead Gye"" indeed doesn't work, but "/t "Dead" "Gye"" does.

Wonder spaghetti code SE.

Having to type out "forename" every time you wanna check someones search info is.....so retarded. It takes longer to type out forename than it does the actual forename (or enough of the name to get the right person).

Would be better if they just added search info to the chat log right-click (along with blist ofc).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"/sea name namegoeshere" works also. Sometimes you have to manually change language bullshit if they're french or something though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Game too casual or fast? Why not make a petition?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...rdcore-players.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    "/sea name namegoeshere" works also.
    Thanks, that's a bit better.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Here's my addition for the day:

Dear Bards ,

Mages Ballad 30 3.00s 2.50s Free 25y 0y
    Refreshes MP of all nearby party members while lowering own damage dealt by 20%. MP is drained while singing.

Use it or find a new tank for WP run.

Yours sincerely , your flash spamming speed running WP tank.
    Bards only purpose is to regen MP for WHM and BLM and PLD .

If they don't do that then might as well take DRG since they have better AOE dps than BRD .
    - Grailer, Faerie Server, FFXIV Official Forums

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...t-Mages-Ballad

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I lost it at the end there, with the drg comment.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 380 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast