1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 380 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    That's a silly comment. Lockouts in WoW are fine. The issue here is that it's all jobs on one toon, not that it's a monthly sub.
    It's fine in WOW because of what you said, no armory system, but also the fact that WOW raids don't have a single boss. I don't consider ADS or Cadecus a boss, but if you want to get technical and actually consider them bosses, it's because WOW raids don't have 3 bosses, they have 10-12. WOW raids also have hardmodes to progress towards, so essentially 20-24 bosses.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    It's fine in WOW because of what you said, no armory system, but also the fact that WOW raids don't have a single boss. I don't consider ADS or Cadecus a boss, but if you want to get technical and actually consider them bosses, it's because WOW raids don't have 3 bosses, they have 10-12. WOW raids also have hardmodes to progress towards, so essentially 20-24 bosses.
    Well yes exactly, but you said:

Lock outs do not belong in premium monthly sub MMO's
    Which WoW is. And WoW has. Lockouts are fine in monthly sub MMOs when they aren't extreme and there's a lot of content to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    On the same token, the hardcore crazies can't even help the casuals, because they can't run the content again even to help.
    Or the hardcore crazies who are behind casuals because they only get dragoon drops from coil.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Today's OF fail is any number of the 200+ threads about free company housing. I don't think I've ever seen so much QQ over something on the forums. I'm tempted to make a "free company housing prices are fine" thread to explain why, but the resulting inferno would burn it to the ground almost instantly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Today's OF fail is any number of the 200+ threads about free company housing. I don't think I've ever seen so much QQ over something on the forums. I'm tempted to make a "free company housing prices are fine" thread to explain why, but the resulting inferno would burn it to the ground almost instantly.
    Feel free to post that here, since I know plenty of posters think it's completely bonkers and would love to see a counter-argument.

Found this today: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-the-bard-nerf.

Some highlights:
    Rain of death wasn't really a nerf. The evasion down is needed for multiple classes.

Good bards will still be on par with good black mages.
    Bad bards will now suck as bad black mages.

Before 2.1 (well, now) good bards could solo titan's heart (unlike any other dps class, even melee).

Bard deserved a nerf, deal with it. It's on par with the other ranged classes now.

Seriously you made a thread to complain about pointless changes that hardly affect us

- Rain of Death now gives -10% enemy eva instead of -10% enemy attack (with 100% acc isn't that useless?).
    Was only ever really used as a free tp attack with proc anyway -damage wasn't ever needed

- Shadowbind recast increased from 12 to 40 (was this even necessary?)
    Seriously shadowbind does no damage and most mobs (all bosses) are resistant

- Hawk's Eye now has 100% acc (don't we already have that pretty much?)
    Technically its a buff therefore not a nerf >.>

- Blood for blood reduced to 10% in cross-job.
    Sucks a bit but 10% less for 20seconds isnt really that much of an issue

- Internal release reduced from 20% to 10% in cross job.
    Considering the insane crit we get anyway 10% reduction again isnt going to make much difference

overall the changes make almost no impact on our dd capability and no nerfs to songs mean their use isnt going to change.
    Still reading past page 4. This is physically painful to read.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I recommend the 42 page thread on the cost of housing.

I can't post URL's yet, but I found a good one:

"If you play 16 hours a day (I said hardcore), and maintain about 4-5 different revenue sources, yes you can just about legitimately make 20m in one week. Dual box doesn't hurt, not absolutely necessary, but might make your life a little easier (and yes that is solo. If you're running a group, then it will be somewhat easier for each person to earn 20m)"

It's easy to afford the house. Just spend 16 hours a day making gil.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

there's a bit in the goobbue thread where someone says "I never see anyone use it anyways" and the reply is "because you're not on a legacy server?" idk why but it made me lose my shit

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    I went a step beyond "tempted". After making one reply in a housing QQ thread in an attempt to offer some constructive info, I then realized that there are countless identical rage threads sooo I gave up on being constructive decided to just come here and read instead.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Found this today: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-the-bard-nerf.

Some highlights:
    I wanna kill that mofo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Rain of death wasn't really a nerf. The evasion down is needed for multiple classes.
    I'd love to see the logic behind this.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

You might get to in upcoming content I mean idk. It's not needed in current content, but could be whiff fest on stuff we haven't seen yet. Who knows. Not me.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I'd love to see the logic behind this.
    Aka people can do T5 with less acc gear?

Asking BRDs for RoD -Eva is gonna be like asking BRDs for Madrigal in XI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i super hated the change at first. i still think it's stupid as hell but very slightly less now. my guess is future patches with really tough content will make good use of it for the times we can't initially hit required accuracy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Kinda funny how every casual on the OF who laughed in the face of people complaining about lockouts are now locked out of their casual content (housing) and complaining.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Side View Post
    Kinda funny how every casual on the OF who laughed in the face of people complaining about lockouts are now locked out of their casual content (housing) and complaining.
    It's OK to laugh at hardcore players until they get the lockout as well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...leveling-a-SCH

My whm was fine. I had fun with it even though in the back of my mind I felt that sch healing was good after factoring utility, but the fairy was just such a pain. I had my whm dps, it was more fun, and in my opinion challenging, to manage my mana/threat. Otherwise healing can feel a little like "whack-a-mole."

But I can't deny that now sch healing is just better when dealing with st (dmg reduction, aldo shields plus physic/embrace and of course... lustrate). The fairy aoe regen is going to be better in most situations that actually require aoe regen and its free (even Titan tumults are on a 1 min timer). And while the whm medica 2 change is interesting and does allow for some other uses... now burst healing will require two medica where medica 2 was often enough.

I will gear up sch and see how double sch fares in the new content.

SCH was already the go-to healer for current end game content even before the changes. High crit possibilities on tank, enmity danger, dips checks and high movement favour SCH mechanics. Ie for coil it was mostly advanced protect, virus rotation and medica II for after fireballs to get back to other tasks ASAP that made a WHM important To only mention one fight. Virus rotations are not possible any more either and favors the Lower CD Version of the SCH.

In high end content it's more important to heal fast and medica II was solely used for its strong regen effect which is gone now. It's actually slightly weaker than Eos' aoe now ( granted on no cd but needs mp and stil generates aggro and uses up our CDs).

Cure III is still stupid but they now force us to use it.

Lustrate changes gives you a 70% heal every minute while WHM has a 100% heal every 5 minutes (and no added fairy to increase heal throughput)

Not to mention the fairy changes made the fairy much better and frees a SCH to have more time to deal with her/his own tools.

And just to mention this: I've played both WHM and SCH in coil so I am not just guessing. And with go-to I mean more important due to mechanics and how encounters work.
    Abandon ship, WHMs.

What did I just read?

lol was reading the same thread(s), so many WHM butthurts.

There is a housing complaint thread that is using JP forum complaints to validate the NA forum complaints. It is sort of a combination of: "I told you so, even the JP players disapprove so now the devs will certainly do something about this outrage!" and people being blown away by the high average votes per post that the JP forum gets. Perhaps it will consolidate into the main housing complaint thread and discourage the spam. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing.

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 380 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast